OFFICIAL: Kings trade Webber to Philly!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
entity -

This is ridiculous, xenophobic hate-mongering. You are entirely out of line.

From the code of conduct - and I hope a moderator is reading:
"That depends on the situation, but generally speaking, if we believe what was said was blatantly racist, hateful, or otherwise mean-spirited/obscene/offensive, you will most likely be immediately dealt with."

¿¿¿ said:
My question is...who are we tryin to get in the offseason thats going to have a bigger impact on the team than Chris Webber?
NO ONE.

the kings are goin back to the old formula they used when they were losers: try and build a playoff team outta mediocre players. they did it for the 15 years leading up to the chris webber-era, and they're doin it again. look forward to more dissapointments, they just wont come in the playoffs...thats all.

Ryle said:
My god this sucks.......just shoot me now. Peja, you better get over your bruised uterus and get your wimp *** back on the court.

Right to the point..................................I like it

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
TGB20A5SI said:
Finally Webber is gone! Time for Peja to play like the All Star he is rather than sitting back and letting Webber go to work. Webber shoo'd Peja's A game off the court and with the Webb gone Peja will soon be a 25-30 point a night player once again.

Bye Webber :)

Thanks for starting the Kings, but we don't need your punkass anymore :D
Peja is a baby. He will not lead this team or any team anywhere. It's too bad that Peja fans would rather see the Kings fade into oblivion, so that their precious baby can get his effin points that for the Kings, AS AN EFFIN TEAM, win something. After all, it is all about precious Peja. Blech!!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Well...Hoopshype has those pretty good player profiles, so I'll shed a bit of light onto our new guys...

Brian Skinner---An athletic banger. Very good rebounding ability. Very active defender. Decent offensive player.

Kenny Thomas---Plays both forward positions. Undersized for the power forward one. Anyways, he finds ways to grab rebounds and scores. Good athletisicm. Plays hard. Quick first step. Dangerous facing the basket. Good spot shooter. Runs the floor well.

Corliss Williamson---Very strong. Good rebounder. Great footwork. Manages to score in the paint despite his lack of height. Good touch around the rim. Not a great defender.

-Hoopshype.com

...Trades are stupid. They can cause fan against fan dismay.

my two cents.

oh yeah:

ps: It's sad to see that with Webber gone, people are bashing Peja. You're either a fan of the team, or a player fan.

Unbelievable!! No Chris anymore, but hey, we get Scoreless Corliss back. Didn't we trade him for Doug Christie? Oh wait, Doug got traded too...Back to square one. Oh wait, Peja's still here. He'll carry us to the promised land. Not!

I can see the rest of the season getting very ugly if Peja is not traded. The fans who don't like Peja will blame him for Webber being gone. I just hope the fans remember they are fans of the team too.

K

KingME

Peja better Man the F Up and prove that he isn't soft like every one thinks (knows) he is. Every time he hits the court it better be raining 3s... This is a sick joke. I have loved CWEBB since the finals against Duke. Petrie what were you thinking...

SLAB said:
Kenny Thomas---Plays both forward positions. Undersized for the power forward one. Anyways, he finds ways to grab rebounds and scores. Good athletisicm. Plays hard. Quick first step. Dangerous facing the basket. Good spot shooter. Runs the floor well.

-Hoopshype.com
DId not know he could shoot. From the profile, this looks like a good fit. Rebounding, defense, athletiscism and we can still spread the floor. This looks like our starter.

ya know what, i hope philly somehow gets past miami to reach the nba finals. and i hope they can somehow beat the spurs or the suns or whoever they play, just so chris can get a ring. i am a kings fan first, and i often look down on being a player fan, but it would just be beautiful poetic justice, imo. he wanted to bring it to sacramento more than ANYTHING. and that means a lot to me as a kings fan. i cant believe we'd trade that away for scoreless williamson and kenny thomas. i wonder if the kings even made a run at dalembert, or if they really are just after mediocre players.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
SacTownKid said:
Trust me guys for better or worse, lets just say its too bad that the season is already half over because Peja would be a serious MVP candidate.
No he wouldn't. He wasn't even a real one last year. "Hi I score" doesn't cut it unles you have a SERIOUS down year in the NBA.

ImaKingsFan said:
I would not pin my hopes on Peja to win the playoffs for us. He cannot create his own shot. He was too busy pouting all summer and did not take the great advice by none other than Larry Bird and work on improving his game. I cannot believe people think a freaking bench is gonna win a National title. Unbelievable.
For the record I am not putting down the rest of the Kings, but reality is what it is.
Never said Peja will carry the team or win a championship. We will be better next year for this. But, the rest of the team will be better offensively, defensively and in the rebounding.

The Freak said:
...Trades are stupid. They can cause fan against fan dismay.

my two cents.

oh yeah:

ps: It's sad to see that with Webber gone, people are bashing Peja. You're either a fan of the team, or a player fan.
I think it is so hard b/c Webber has been promoted as the face of the franchise and the emphasis has been placed on him since the beginning.

Bricklayer said:
No he wouldn't. He wasn't even a real one last year. "Hi I score" doesn't cut it unles you have a SERIOUS down year in the NBA.
particularly when it occured during one of the softest first half schedule in King's history. Everyone seems to forget that.

For some reason, I don't think Petrie is done dealing. It just doesn't make sense. I am a huge Peja fan, but I have the feeling he's gonna be gone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.