Off season targets

I've been clamoring for Noel, especially if we go Kai or Sengun. I don't think we will draft Sengun, I feel Kai Jones is more likely the Monte pick. If we were to get Jones and Noel you would have two bigs that could legit cover 1-5.
If no trades, (sorry nobody wants our players)
Im ok with:
Draft Kai and Bleij
FA- offer to Noel on day 1 - 8M MLE
RFA- TD match offer sheet up to 7M
Trade Buddy and Bagley at deadline

Fox,Wright,Ramsey
Hali,Buddy,TD
Barnes, Bleijenbergh, James,
Bagley,Metu, Woodard
Kai,Noel,Jones

Kai and HB spaces floor for Fox and Bagley
Buddy and Bleij for bench scoring
When Buddy and Bagley traded , TD and Bleij moves up, Barnes to the 4
Noel provides Def off the bench

Last edited:
Heard Dave talking about it on the show. Kings one of the teams aggressively pursuing Dame. Not gonna happen but actually seeing us trying to get stars like Dame and simmons is almost as good as hearing top picks finally working out with us.

Article states it would need a harden type offer. For reference, this is what the nets gave up for harden:
The Nets send center Jarrett Allen and forward Taurean Prince to Cleveland, and guard Caris LeVert and forward Rodions Kurucs, as well as three first round draft picks (2022, 2024 and 2026) and four first round pick swaps (2021, 2023, 2025 and 2027) to Houston.

Last edited:

dude12

Hall of Famer
If Monte is going to try and get a star, say Simmons, and it’s going to take 2 or 3 first round picks, I’d be way more comfortable in putting some type of protection on these later picks if the first pick is a top 5 or 6 that had no protection. In other words, I’d hate for us to give away multiple early picks. I could live with giving one away but not multiple.

Lakers get Buddy, Sexton
Kings get Love, Kuzma, #3 (Mobley)
Cavs get Wright(1yr),KCP(2yr),Bagley(1yr), Gasol(1yr) #9,#22,2022Kings 1st,

Why for Lakers - they get a PG, and a shooter
Kings get Kuzma and Mobley
Cavs saves 5 mil, dumps Love contract, and Sexton cost to keep
Cavs get short term contracts, Money for Allen
Cavs get 3 1st rd picks for #3

Fox,Ramsey
Hali,TD,James
Barnes,Woodard
Kusma,Love,Metu
Mobley,Jones
#39 BPA

If Monte is going to try and get a star, say Simmons, and it’s going to take 2 or 3 first round picks, I’d be way more comfortable in putting some type of protection on these later picks if the first pick is a top 5 or 6 that had no protection. In other words, I’d hate for us to give away multiple early picks. I could live with giving one away but not multiple.
For me it would have to be more of a surefire star who is plug and play and not a guy you have to tweak your entire roster around to make things work.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

if the Raptors are apparently looking to rebuild by trading their best young player, I guess we should help them out by sending them Buddy and a couple firsts to help ‘em out.
Monte needs to jump on this. Pascal will miss some time to start the season but he's a stud. Unfortunately like Simmons, the conversation starts and ends with Fox.

Monte needs to jump on this. Pascal will miss some time to start the season but he's a stud. Unfortunately like Simmons, the conversation starts and ends with Fox.
I disagree. I like Siakam, but feel he is overrated. He was paid as a superstar when I think he is much more suited to be the 2nd or 3rd bestplayer on a good team. It is one of the reasons I felt he might be on the block. He is over paid right now.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I disagree. I like Siakam, but feel he is overrated. He was paid as a superstar when I think he is much more suited to be the 2nd or 3rd bestplayer on a good team. It is one of the reasons I felt he might be on the block. He is over paid right now.
he definitely isn't overrated. He's a quality number 2 and he would bring a championship pedigree here that the Kings haven't had in decades.

not his fault. he's out there to produce and produce he does
And now that the Raps are realizing he wasn't the reason they won a ring and they appear to be wanting to sell high. That says something. The Warriors should jump all over a player like that. They have a structure in place where someone of his level will take them up a notch. The only thing we know for sure about this Kings teams is they desperately need size on the wing and they are teetering on a ledge of win now or blow it up.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
And now that the Raps are realizing he wasn't the reason they won a ring and they appear to be wanting to sell high. That says something. The Warriors should jump all over a player like that. They have a structure in place where someone of his level will take them up a notch. The only thing we know for sure about this Kings teams is they desperately need size on the wing and they are teetering on a ledge of win now or blow it up.
their two cornerstone players are young enough where you don't need to make win now moves but with Vivek it's going to be like that under any GM he hires so if the Kings want a win now move, this is one player that can help them achieve it

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
salary was mentioned for no purpose when we are talking about the player and his production
Salary was mentioned because it HAS to be considered in any trade scenario, not just for the purposes of the trade, but for salary cap hit. That is definitely in consideration for any discussion of "production". Consideration of a trade for any player needs to have discussion of salary included.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Salary was mentioned because it HAS to be considered in any trade scenario, not just for the purposes of the trade, but for salary cap hit. That is definitely in consideration for any discussion of "production". Consideration of a trade for any player needs to have discussion of salary included.
sure. but let the GM figure salary out. we are fans posting our thoughts on acquiring the player of a caliber of Siakam and the production he can provide for the Kings

How about something like:

Kings gets Siakam
Raptors gets Ben Simmons and MB3
76ers gets Buddy and FVV?

Some picks will obviously need to be involved, but this seems like benefit all sides.

He's a quality #2 who is paid like he is a #1.
He’s overrated. Had a down year even before the injury.

Not a perimeter shooter, not an elite perimeter defender. Trying to understand the love. Getting him will just treadmill this team.

And he’s not exactly young.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
sure. but let the GM figure salary out. we are fans posting our thoughts on acquiring the player of a caliber of Siakam and the production he can provide for the Kings
Great! Let's get Lebron, the Greek Freak, Curry, and Durant here while we are at it. Imagine the production!

Don't worry about salaries, the GM will figure it all out. :rolleyes:

He didn't say it was his fault. Pointing out his salary isn't anyone's "fault".
Yes, he produces, but not at the level of his contract. It is often said around here that Buddy is overpaid, but Buddy also produces on the court. Two different level of players, but both overpaid. This makes both worth a little less in trades because whoever gets them is also taking on that extra salary.