No minutes for Barnes?

Wow, I feel really bad for him now, especially since he'd been starting with us. He has too much potential to be a bench warmer.

Yeah. I was thinking the excat same thing. I am very happy for him in Philly. He did a great job with us and for the fans! He will be missed in Sacramento.

I don't expect them to use him, Aaron McKie is a veteran and I think they trust him more (even though he's fallen off hard the last few years). So McKie will get all the backup sg/sf minutes and Barnes will ride the pine.

Maybe Barnes can just re-sign with us this summer, I wouldn't mind bringing him back.

I didn't expect him to really see any mins to be honest with ya

but i thought he looked super sad on the bench everytime you saw a quick glimpse of him

^ yea, you could see that he's not happy leaving the Kings. Hopefully he'll either be traded in the post season to a team that can use him, or actually be able to get some minutes futher along the road.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
At some point, I would be absolutely ecstatic to see Barnes return to the Kings. I'm going to hope that it happens.

VF21 said:
At some point, I would be absolutely ecstatic to see Barnes return to the Kings. I'm going to hope that it happens.
Yeah, I would love to see him on the Kings again. Afterall, it was his first year with the Kings and he did a great job. A hustler, and a great defender.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
VF21 said:
I wonder, would he want to come back under the current adminsitration? Hurt me once, shame on you, hurt me twice...

He said something, apparently, after the trade saying he couldn't wait to come back. He does only have a one year contract, so I wouldn't be suprised to see him back in the fall, in fact, I would love to see him here again.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Me, too! I think he'd fit in quite nicely with the new look for the Kings. And he's already got the requisite tattoo!

Speaking of tattoos, I have decided Pedja's problem is he doesn't any...

tattoos, that is. Shame on you if you were thinking something else.

;)

VF21 said:
Me, too! I think he'd fit in quite nicely with the new look for the Kings. And he's already got the requisite tattoo!

Speaking of tattoos, I have decided Pedja's problem is he doesn't any...

tattoos, that is. Shame on you if you were thinking something else.

;)
He can have some of mine. I'd sacrifice them to mean him up a little bit.

Mike, I think, has plenty to spare as well.

GoGoGadget said:
He can have some of mine. I'd sacrifice them to mean him up a little bit.

Mike, I think, has plenty to spare as well.
He does have some to spare, but I guess he'd probably replace those with newer ones.

Back to Matt: I would love for him to come back. Of all the new guys that came in this year, he was my favorite.

Elise10 said:
Back to Matt: I would love for him to come back. Of all the new guys that came in this year, he was my favorite.
Me too!! I really hope Matty did say he wants to come back!! It's hard talking about him and Webb....:( Cause it makes me miss them more! I'm going to be rooting for the 6ers only because of them...except when they go against the Kings, of course.

I also didn't expect Matt to play a lot in the 6ers. To be honest, I feel bad for him more than I feel for Webb. Matt tried so hard to get in his favorite hometown team. Others teams offer him more money to go to them, but he wanted to stay with the Kings! He did great in preseason and gain a spot. Got to be a bench guy for some games but was patient waiting for his time. Finally when he got it, he did all he could to play well to help the team. Now that he got traded, he needs to start that all over again with 6ers...waiting on the bench and hoping to gain the coach's respect to get mins again. At least for Webber, we all know he'll be getting his mins...but for Matt...he'll never know! :(

If anyone here (or a Guest reading this) knows Matt as a friend/family member, please let him know we still love him and want him back!

Last edited:
MO is my favorite of the new gaggle, but they both just seem to usually make things happen.

Bjax style players--- bigger, but without the shot, but you know the general "balls to the wall" mentality.

i think he's gonna come back. he loves this team, of course he will be back. he won't demand a whole lot of money i don't think, which makes it a great way for the kings to save some money.

come back barnesy! :D

mcsluggo said:
MO is my favorite of the new gaggle, but they both just seem to usually make things happen.

Bjax style players--- bigger, but without the shot, but you know the general "balls to the wall" mentality.
MO ain't so bad either. I'm glad he's here too.

I guess it's whole "living the dream" concept that Matt had that just makes people want to root for him. Told my fiance at the NJ game that if I couldn't get Bibby or Webber's autograph that I'd be perfectly happy getting Kevin's, Mo's or Matt's. Lo and behold I didn't get Mike or Chris, but got Mo and Matt.

Elise10 said:
Told my fiance at the NJ game that if I couldn't get Bibby or Webber's autograph that I'd be perfectly happy getting Kevin's, Mo's or Matt's. Lo and behold I didn't get Mike or Chris, but got Mo and Matt.
Wow! That's great, Elise! I'm happy for you!! :)

I have never got a Kings autograph my whole life. :( Oh well, I blame myself for being poor and not able to afford the ones they sell online.

Kev.in said:
I don't expect them to use him, Aaron McKie is a veteran and I think they trust him more (even though he's fallen off hard the last few years). So McKie will get all the backup sg/sf minutes and Barnes will ride the pine.

Maybe Barnes can just re-sign with us this summer, I wouldn't mind bringing him back.
I would love to see that.

Twix said:
Wow! That's great, Elise! I'm happy for you!! :)

I have never got a Kings autograph my whole life. :( Oh well, I blame myself for being poor and not able to afford the ones they sell online.
Thanks.

Don't blame yourself, takes time (or great seats) to happen. Before Matt and Mo, the only other autograph I had at the time was Shandon Anderson. That happened because at my former job, Knicks players would stop in from time to time to shop for groceries.

I was kinda hoping the 6ers pull of the "trade for him and waive him so he could sign back with his old team" thing that's popular recently;) ... since he's not of use for them with their overload at the SF/swingman position. I guess it's too late now with the playoff roster deadline today, but Matt probably won't clear waivers anyway, some team might pick him up since his contract is worth peanuts. Yup, I'd love to see Matt come back, he's a great fit with the Kings.

He's a Free Agent this summer? Awesome! He could just consider this a vacation. Eat some cheese steaks, see the liberty bell, play some ball, and come back in the summer. Sweet