NFL 2024-2025 Thread

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member

ShanaLynch might have messed around and pulled off a great draft and Pearsall hasn’t even played a snap yet.
This draft could have all the hallmarks of a Shanahan/Lynch classic:

First rounder who doesn't pan out? Maybe, let's see what Pearsall can do when/if healthy
Trading up for a running back who doesn't pan out (Guerrendo) only to be saved by the UDFA who is much better (Schrader)? Could be.
Not addressing glaring needs (o-line in this case) only to be bailed out by mid to late round picks and UDFAs? Defintely looks that way.

Puni and Cowling look pretty good. But the real home runs look like Green and Mustapha. The Niners are quietly building an amazing young secondary.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It feels like we're up to Day 100 now of Brandon Aiyuk and the 49ers "almost" being ready to agree on a contract extension. I guess the devil really is in the details.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The Niners drafted him knowing he had a shoulder injury, it hasn’t improved, and now also might be a long-term concern.

Just trade your first rounders, Lynch.

Not sure what to think about Guerendo. Looks really slow but seemed effective. That kickoff return was impressive but at the same time he just kinda ran straight and was already past 90% of the defense.

Mason looked fantastic. Which is no surprise because I think this guy has been ready for a couple years now.

Cowing is looking legit. Doesn't look like a rookie at all. Didn't get alligator arms on that crossing pattern with that DB zoning in on him. Very impressive player so far.

Brock really reminded me of Rodgers when he rolled to his right and hit (maybe Conley?) on an out route. He looked back in form last night.

Allen doesn't have the best pocket presence but he has solid downfield vision and a decently accurate arm. Dobbs looks solid as a backup as well and is really good at getting away from pressure. Both are definite upgrades from Josh Johnson, that's for sure.