NFL 2024-2025 Thread

Is NFL rookie watch a parody account?

I'll admit the TD he threw at the end of the game was really cool but he also threw a couple of the worst INTs I've ever seen.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

Woof. VERY curious what that contract ends up being. Also, if our comp back is just a 2nd round pick and no players... man. What an absolute crap-show of asset management.
The Niners were in the SB last year... they had to keep their #1 receiver and make a run at the championship didn't they? The only real out here was moving Deebo's contract a year ago but his value tanked the minute they signed McCaffery so that idea probably didn't seem all that appealing either.

The Niners were in the SB last year... they had to keep their #1 receiver and make a run at the championship didn't they? The only real out here was moving Deebo's contract a year ago but his value tanked the minute they signed McCaffery so that idea probably didn't seem all that appealing either.
Sure, but if they were going to draw a hard line in the sand at "We're not paying you a dollar over x", then what's been the posturing over the last few months? These are the only options once the 49ers have made that call:

1. Aiyuk signs the 49er deal at that price
2. Aiyuk sits out a few games and this distraction heads into the year before he comes back, pissed and we just lose him for nothing next off-season as he walks in FA
3. Aiyuk gets traded to a team that pays him what he wants.

I think it's pretty clear Aiyuk doesn't want to play for the 49ers at our "drawn line in sand" price. So this is something we should have figured out in April to use the draft to our advantage.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Sure, but if they were going to draw a hard line in the sand at "We're not paying you a dollar over x", then what's been the posturing over the last few months? These are the only options once the 49ers have made that call:

1. Aiyuk signs the 49er deal at that price
2. Aiyuk sits out a few games and this distraction heads into the year before he comes back, pissed and we just lose him for nothing next off-season as he walks in FA
3. Aiyuk gets traded to a team that pays him what he wants.

I think it's pretty clear Aiyuk doesn't want to play for the 49ers at our "drawn line in sand" price. So this is something we should have figured out in April to use the draft to our advantage.
I don't think that was their intention, things have just developed along those lines between 2023 and now...

Over the last 12 months Brock Purdy has become a guy that the Niners can't afford to lose and that has further implications on how much they can afford to dole out now for Aiyuk. Shanahan knows the relative value of a #1 receiver in his system and it probably isn't what Aiyuk wants but there is a price for sticking with a winning organization and competing for a championship every year and I think he's weighing that on his end. The Niners also have the option of franchise tagging him in a year instead of letting him walk, I believe? Which isn't what he wants, but I doubt he's just going to sit out multiple years to prove a point. A lot of posturing is going on from both sides, which is pretty normal for the NFL it seems. Obviously I want him back but this team has enough offensive weapons to survive without him assuming they continue to prioritize keeping their defensive core intact.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Losing to Kansas City already brought up three times. It still hurts. I don’t think we’ll ever beat them. I’m sure I’ll be more hype when Week 1 rolls around but I’m defeated about football before the season even starts.

Losing to Kansas City already brought up three times. It still hurts. I don’t think we’ll ever beat them. I’m sure I’ll be more hype when Week 1 rolls around but I’m defeated about football before the season even starts.
10/20 can't come fast enough for ya, huh?
This actually might be perfect. Get roughed up by Kansas City and then hobble into the next game against my boys. Head back on the road for a game having dropped two in a row...:p:p:p