NFL 2023-2024 Thread

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Moderately lukewarm take at this point: Brock Purdy is a better quarterback than Josh Allen.
He has been this season, no question. And I think a pretty good case could be made that Purdy has been the best overall QB in the league this season. He's #1 in completion %, average yards per attempt (and per completion), QB Rating, and Passer Rating. The only knock against him right now is small sample size.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The Bears already getting Caleb Williams with the Panthers pick. I don’t think you need to worry too much.
Imagine getting Caleb Williams and Harrison Jr.

Fields can still get a mini/haul too. Put better talent and coaching around him and he can be Lamar Jr. I’m still a huge fan.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

Has a team ever faced all the bird teams (including the Falcons who were somehow aren’t playing) in a row before?
I found this article stating that no team has ever beaten all 5 bird teams in the same season before (as of 2020) but that's mostly because scheduling makes it rare for any team to actually face all 5 in the same season. Which would make all 5 in a row exceptionally rare and the Ravens didn't even exist before 1996 so there haven't been very many chances for this to happen.

It would have to be an NFC team and obviously we have to rule out the 4 NFC bird teams who can't play themselves so that leaves only 12 teams to search over 27 seasons. I'm guessing it hasn't happened but I don't know a non-tedious way to search for it.

Last edited:
Cowboys are such pretenders.

This was already proven but they rout the lowly Giants and everybody gets amnesia.

They better figure out how to pull this one out because their schedule is murder the rest of the season for a team that has zero wins over a winning record.

Geno Smith has always looked like turd under pressure - another folded deck. Rams have the tie-breaker which may haunt the Seahawks.....especially if the 49ers beat the Seahawks the following weekend and the Rams score a win vs Browns.. It could be the 49ers don't have much to play for by season end vs Rams. Both the Seahawks and Rams would need to win out to have any chance at catching the 49ers, I just don't see the 49ers doing worse than 10 wins, more likely 11, 12, or even 13 wins.

Cowboys are such pretenders.

This was already proven but they rout the lowly Giants and everybody gets amnesia.

They better figure out how to pull this one out because their schedule is murder the rest of the season for a team that has zero wins over a winning record.
Smith sucks, but so do the Cowboys.....they're not going anywhere either.
This is not saying much, I understand that, but the Cowboys DID beat a 1-0 Jets team, so, technically, we did come into this game with a win against a team with a winning record.

Also, basing our probability of success going forward on our record against teams with a winning record is something I am very hesitant on doing seeing that, outside of Philadelphia, we don't really face much competition within the division and, outside of our division, the rest of our schedule has primarily consisted of teams with a 0.500 record or worse.

Right now, as it stands, I don't really know how successful my boys can be in the postseason. However, ask me again in a couple of weeks (heading into our game against the Commanders), and I'd be more than glad to give you a more accurate assessment.

Some weeks, we look as good as anyone out there. Other weeks, we look like a work in progress.

Geno Smith has always looked like turd under pressure - another folded deck. Rams have the tie-breaker which may haunt the Seahawks.....especially if the 49ers beat the Seahawks the following weekend and the Rams score a win vs Browns.. It could be the 49ers don't have much to play for by season end vs Rams. Both the Seahawks and Rams would need to win out to have any chance at catching the 49ers, I just don't see the 49ers doing worse than 10 wins, more likely 11, 12, or even 13 wins.
Looking at their remaining schedule, you better hope the Niners don't do worse than 10 wins. Arizona and Washington should both be wins, so that puts you right at 10 wins, and Seattle is another one I see the Niners winning, so that's 11. Philly, Baltimore, and the Rams are all gonna be tough. I see the Niners easily finishing with 11 wins, maybe 12 (beating the Rams). Getting one against either Philly or Baltimore would be a bonus.

Also, if you are to get a win against either of those teams, please let it be against the Eagles...:p:p:p

Looking at their remaining schedule, you better hope the Niners don't do worse than 10 wins. Arizona and Washington should both be wins, so that puts you right at 10 wins, and Seattle is another one I see the Niners winning, so that's 11. Philly, Baltimore, and the Rams are all gonna be tough. I see the Niners easily finishing with 11 wins, maybe 12 (beating the Rams). Getting one against either Philly or Baltimore would be a bonus.

Also, if you are to get a win against either of those teams, please let it be against the Eagles...:p:p:p
Hope? That's the fall-off record....the 49ers are surely getting 10 wins.....they're not gonna lose 5 out of 6 games barring Purdy falling off a cliff. Unless the Cowboys beat the Eagles, they're likely gonna have to play away yet again vs the 49ers who will be in their heads. Best case scenario, both the 49ers and Cowboys beat the Eagles, who have quickly supplanted the Chiefs as my most hated team since last year's bush-league playoff hit. So disappointed last week with the Bills Davis botching an overtime win. I dont like the Seahawks but will cheer them vs the Schmeagles in a few weeks.

Hope? That's the fall-off record....the 49ers are surely getting 10 wins.....they're not gonna lose 5 out of 6 games barring Purdy falling off a cliff. Unless the Cowboys beat the Eagles, they're likely gonna have to play away yet again vs the 49ers who will be in their heads. Best case scenario, both the 49ers and Cowboys beat the Eagles, who have quickly supplanted the Chiefs as my most hated team since last year's bush-league playoff hit. So disappointed last week with the Bills Davis botching an overtime win. I dont like the Seahawks but will cheer them vs the Schmeagles in a few weeks.
Considering that the 4 division winners get the top 4 seeds based on overall record, that means that the She-gles, Niners, Lions, and Falcons currently occupy those 4 spots. The next three teams then move on based on record, so that means, as it currently stands, Dallas, Minnesota, and Seattle would be those three teams.

1. Philadelphia 10-1
2. San Francisco 8-3
3. Detroit 8-3
4. Atlanta 5-6
5. Dallas 9-3
6, Minnesota 6-6
7. Seattle 6-6

Are currently the 7 teams who would qualify for the postseason if it began TODAY.

Automatic Bye = Eagles

I think it is safe to say that both Atlanta and Dallas are locked in to the 4th and 5th seeds respectively.

2 v 7 - SF v Seattle
3 v 6 - Detroit v Minnesota
4 v 5 - Atlanta v Dallas

Let's say that the favorites all win (I would imagine that the Cowboys would head into Atlanta as the favorites)

1 v 5 Philadelphia v Dallas
2 v 3 SF v Detroit

Honestly, I just don't see the Cowboys beating Philadelphia on the road in the postseason, so, your prediction of Dallas having to go on the road to face the Niners, honestly, doesn't have a really good chance of happening. There is no way that they would face each other in the first round based on their overall records alone. The earliest we would see a potential matchup, unless some major shakeup happens between now and the final week of the season, would actually be in the NFC Championship.

I just don't see how Dallas gets past Philadelphia, in Philadelphia, based on current standings and projections.

Which then means that I don't see the Cowboys having to play on the road in San Francisco, unless some crazy miracle happens.