NFL 2023-2024 Thread

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
just like with Jimmy, I guess we just need to find a way to convince Brock every single drive is a do-or-die big ol’ brass ones money maker.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If this is the worst performance we'll get out of Purdy then we're in great shape. Dude's deep ball was off but he kept the ball moving with ease until Kyle called off the dogs in the second half and was totally turnover free. Certainly don't do enough wrong to lose us the game.

I'm guessing Fred Warner gave the guys a stern talking to at halftime because they were a different beast in the second half with him in particular leading the charge. Love Wilks making adjustments as the game wore on too. CBs need to be Ward/Lenoir/Oliver until Womack comes back from his MCL injury. Bad Ambry has been in full effect to start the year.

Not a great performance but a W

Was hoping for more continued dominance after week 1 but this was labored.

To be fair, the Rams do look significantly better overall than I expected. Stafford is still game, they protect him, they play defense, and they execute well. This was a more talent win for the Niners

I expect a thorough beat down in the home opener.

That was ugly, Brock wasn’t good, Aiyuk was banged up, the defense took a half off, and they still put up 30 and a W.
Good way to put it. Starting with 2 on the road is never easy, especially with a young QB. This was exactly the sort of game you take as a "floor" for Purdy. Didn't have a ton to do with the win, but the one thing that can't happen is him costing us games with costly turnovers like Jimmy G would do all the time. If he plays mistake free football, our talent is going to win out most games.

They'll get the their chance against a Jets team with a much better defense than the other NY team.. The Bills are one of the best offenses in the NFL, and the Jets put em down with 4 takeways - a couple were on Allen, but nonetheless impressive. The Cowboys are gonna need their defense, as I foresee a similar type of low scoring field-goal affair..
What's this Jets defense you spoke of last week? And, more importantly, where was it yesterday? Because it sure as heck didn't show up to play in Dallas...

Great win for my 'Boys. Defense looks on point. Offense can use a little work, though...Some questionable play calling that can be cleaned up.

1695073186678.png

Last edited:
What's this Jets defense you spoke of last week? And, more importantly, where was it yesterday? Because it sure as heck didn't show up to play in Dallas...

Great win for my 'Boys. Defense looks on point. Offense can use a little work, though...Some questionable play calling that can be cleaned up.

View attachment 12079
Didn't see the game - but the forecast was incorrect admittedly, and surprisingly.