NFL 2023-2024 Thread

Still not entirely sold on the WR. I know a lot of pundits and also Stroud is hype for him, but why didn’t that translate to draft boards and mocks? We’ll see. Cautiously optimistic.

hype about the CB and OL. At least going for need!

Now we need Jerry’s, TO’s, and Gore’s sons. Who cares about that pesky need anymore.
Don’t really care what draft boards or mocks say. In 2020, draft boards had Aiyuk anywhere between 30s to 40s. Only a few had him in the late 20s. When the 49ers traded up from 31 to 25 to grab him, there were even some mixed responds with not everyone being entirely sold.

Worked out well for us.

Going to put my faith on the 49ers scouting department and FO when they’ve drafted us Purdy, Deebo, Aiyuk, Jennings, Kittle, Bosa, Warner, Greenlaw, Lenoir, and Hufanga.

The fact that we have this much home grown talent still currently on the roster should tell you all that you need to know. Don’t really care about the misses, every team has misses. It’s the good picks that make an elite FO.

It’s not like the NBA draft where you absolutely need to hit on your draft selection.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The thing with Pearsall is that the Niners aren't in cap hell yet. They can sign Aiyuk and take one more shot with the roster as is. Then next year they have to make some hard decisions. So if Deebo is traded next off-season, you have a guy who is hopefully talented enough to step up alongside Aiyuk in Pearsall, and he'll have a year of experience in the offense at that point.

Deebo was also a much more important player for the Niners (a) before the league caught up to the team using him as a running option, (b) before CMC arrived to take a lot of those touches he was getting as a "Wide Back" and (c) when Jimmy G was the QB and working much more of the intermediate middle of the field.

Samuel is amazing with the ball in his hands, but he's still not a polished route runner who routinely wins and gets open - Aiyuk does. That's much more valuable now with Purdy behind center.
I like this plan. At least take one more shot at a Super Bowl win before breaking up the dynamic receiving duo.

I always like to see a USC guy coming to the Niners in the draft, And I love that Lynch and Shanahan drafted two offensive linemen this year! Hopefully Jarrett Kingston is more of a Talanoa Hufanga than a Drake Jackson.