NFL 2020-21 Season

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Niners make me week-one dream come true and sign Josh Rosen. Should have happened a long time ago. I’d much rather take a tank year looking at what Rosen can or can’t do over Mullens and Beathard.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Javon Kinlaw sent Juju a mocking message about getting destroyed by that Bengal ... and Juju response was to say he already danced over the Niners in Levi’s.

With a clip of his TD from a game last season.

... in a game the Steelers lost.

Swing and a miss, Juju.

Javon Kinlaw sent Juju a mocking message about getting destroyed by that Bengal ... and Juju response was to say he already danced over the Niners in Levi’s.

With a clip of his TD from a game last season.

... in a game the Steelers lost.

Swing and a miss, Juju.
The Steelers and Packers are both overrated and will be surprised if either of them make it to the Superbowl. Not that I dislike the Packers particularly, but I'm looking forward to this Sunday evening game.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Steelers and Packers are both overrated and will be surprised if either of them make it to the Superbowl. Not that I dislike the Packers particularly, but I'm looking forward to this Sunday evening game.
I believe in the Packers more than the Steelers but that's mostly because Aaron Rodgers is still really freaking good while Big Ben has lapped Drew Brees in the cooked QB Olympics.

The Jets beating the Rams and now getting stuck with the second overall pick despite tanking for Trevor all season is a move that only the Jets, Kings, or Browns are capable of.
The Jets have been getting crushed for this but then they also got crushed for losing the week before when they had the win in the bag. I’m not sure what the taking heads and fans expect a team to do. This is some terrible luck to win one or two games and not get the first pick.

The good news for them is they have a bunch of draft capital and could potentially trade that second pick for even more which is what I think they should do.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I didn’t even realize Kinlaw got hurt. He’s inactive today. I’m also pretty sure Sherman isn’t even hurt, he’s just eyeing his next destination.

#tank

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Man, if someone ever had the audacity to hit Kyler or Russell like Beathard just got hit, they wouldn’t only be penalized and fined, they’d be ejected for for it.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
To be fair, I’m fairly certain the Cardinals were trying to win. They just sorta suck now
The more I watch him the more I sour a bit on Kyler. Not that he doesn’t have great games, but that dude went to the “It’s everyone else’s fault” school of body language. I know he’s still young, but he needs to mature or he’ll never be the leader a team needs at QB.

Goof doesn't cut it - he's behind Garrapolo even.....he hasn't looked very good since his 2nd season excluding the Superbowl. The Rams offense looked wimpy and nothing like it did in season's past when it out-dueled the Chiefs 2 years ago in regular season. Missing Akers hurt some for their offense. They have a top rated defense which is why they've won 9 games. It'll be a win and in game against the Cardinals next week probably.

The Seahawks, Rams, and Cards are all completely mediocre. If the Niners get their QB and health situation in check over the offseason the division is theirs again pretty easily.
I thought the Cardinals would do better than they have. Towards the mid-season they looked like a better team for a several game stretch. 49ers shut them down, and I think the Rams may shut them down as well.

The 49ers have not shown good enough offense to warrant high expectations next season. I think they're close to the Rams with much better running backs and a focus on the run. The Seahawks may still have a lot to play for the last game. I wouldn't mine the 49ers beating them to finish the season even it if costs them a spots in the draft.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I thought the Cardinals would do better than they have. Towards the mid-season they looked like a better team for a several game stretch. 49ers shut them down, and I think the Rams may shut them down as well.

The 49ers have not shown good enough offense to warrant high expectations next season. I think they're close to the Rams with much better running backs and a focus on the run. The Seahawks may still have a lot to play for the last game. I wouldn't mine the 49ers beating them to finish the season even it if costs them a spots in the draft.
Niners offense is a quarterback (and health) away from being really good. And JimmyG ain’t that QB. If they run it back with him, it will be a fight for a mediocre division title.

Aiyuk and Kittle with a QB that could utilize them downfield would open it up for Mostert and Wilson and Deebo. Shanahan’s playbook would have a whole new level to it.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I was never sold on Wentz, but Goff's fall-off wasn't as expected.....his atrocious SuperBowl was the earlier indicator. His rookie season looked promising.
Wasn’t his rookie season an absolute disaster, almost on par with Alex Smith’s illustrious 1TD/11INT rookie season? Then he took off under after NOT Jeff Fisher.