NFL 2020-21 Season

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Mullens has gone from

-potential starter, maybe getting a contract this offseason?

-still a solid backup

-practice squad guy?

Over the span of this season.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Jimmy has that same problem, at least he’s accurate with it
The biggest difference between Mullens and Jimmy is that when Jimmy makes a mistake, he generally buttons down and suddenly turns into a good QB for the next couple of drives. When Nick makes a mistake it’s like he forgets how to play football for the rest of the night.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The biggest difference between Mullens and Jimmy is that when Jimmy makes a mistake, he generally buttons down and suddenly turns into a good QB for the next couple of drives. When Nick makes a mistake it’s like he forgets how to play football for the rest of the night.
Absolutely. I give Ol’ Jim a lot of flack but recovering from a stupid mistake can’t be taken away from him. Mullens goes from passable to inept.

Mullins is JV ; Beathord should've taken the helm after the Philly cheesestake. Have heard rumors of Minchew and Stafford now - I'd rather them just draft a QB.

Meanwhile Saints defense is playing the Chiefs about as well as the Chargers did early in the season - with a pass rush that's fairly disruptive today. Too bad their offense hasn't brought it to match.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The Rams also lost to the Niners twice. They’re the high pick bracket busters.
They beat the Patriots when the Patriots had decided to start winning ... so I find it weird. I'm not particularly invested in the season but I'm a lot more worried about the QB situation than I was the day after Brady left.

The Rams also lost to the Niners twice. They’re the high pick bracket busters.
Rams are definitely a jekyl and hyde team.....if the team plays its best, they can compete with any team. They have a very good defense, but their offense is inconsistent. They're pretty close to the 49ers really with a full contingent of players healthy. The Niners would've been about where the Rams are ~ around 9-10 wins. The Jets should've beaten the Raiders as well.

Really all the NFC West teams are enigmatic - I could see any of them stringing together wins to the SuperBowl or having a bad day and out.

For the Chiefs/Saints however although the score was close, the game wasn't that close against the Chiefs. Was curious didn't use Taysom Hill more. Losing Edwards-Helaire will hurt some - Bell is not as good - and the Chiefs use their running backs to keep the opposing defenses honest. As with the SuperBowl last year, a team must be able to put up major points against the Chiefs underrated defense.
Yes I'm already getting tired of the Chiefs (not nearly like the Patriots (yet) ).

The Bills and Browns are my surrogate stand-ins this playoffs - also like Titans and Cardinals. If the Bills or maybe Titans don't take out the Chiefs, I don't think any of the NFC teams will in the SuperBowl. The Packers are similar to last year and took advantage of a weak schedule.. I expect them to lose against the Titans this coming weekend.

It’s dumb using fantasy points to compare players but the two other players on this list play with the best QBs in the league and Aiyuk plays with Nick Mullens.
Aiyuk is the most talented WR the Niners have had in forever. I really like Deebo and his YAC abilities but he's not nearly the route runner nor pass catcher that Aiyuk is. I'd give Deebo an A+ when it comes to YAC but Aiyuk still gets a solid A in that category.

It's just nice knowing that when that 30 yard pass is thrown, we finally have a receiver out there who has the advantage when it comes to bringing it down.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Deebo is good Coredelle Patterson. He’s an A-tier gadget player.
I think Deebo is a better traditional receiver than Patterson is though. While not Aiyuk level, last season he showed he was capable of catching the ball in intermediate range (AKA the Jimmy G Zone). The thing about Deebo is that he's the closest thing we'll probably ever see in terms of a wide receiver version of Beast Mode so the best way to utilize him is get him the ball behind the line of scrimmage and just let him smash his way through three or four defenders a play.