New Trade

DaMan said:
He signed with the nets but never played a min and he had run ins with the law when he played for houston and maybe nj.

None of thoes guys on the list, expect for Nazr, every avg more then 8 pts and 6 rebounds and this year every body on your list avg at least 8pts and 6 rebounds or less, those are not starter numbers. Your right Griffin is the best out of the list because he is younger and has great blocking abilty but he is a bench player at best.

many reasons why he has been buried deep in the bench in minn and been on so many teams
I know about his trouble(s) he got into in 2003-04, he's been fine since that stuff (talking on a cellphone outside of a nightclub doesn't mean anything). That isn't why he's been out of Casey's rotation though, Casey's definitely not holding what he did 2-3 years ago against him, it's because of what I said (unless I missed something, which I doubt I did). Or else he wouldn't of played regularly and had a nice first 2 1/2 months of the season ;).

Nets, yes, but he never played with the Nets, and isn't even listed in his profile at NBA.com other than in his transaction section.

I still disagree on Griffin.

Battie/Mohammed would have increased minutes, ditto Griffin. Thus production would most likely go up.

Last edited:
Kings113 said:
I know about his trouble(s) he got into in 2003-04, he's been fine since that stuff (talking on a cellphone outside of a nightclub doesn't mean anything). That isn't why he's been out of Casey's rotation though, Casey's definitely not holding what he did 2-3 years ago against him, it's because of what I said (unless I missed something, which I doubt I did). Or else he wouldn't of played regularly and had a nice first 2 1/2 months of the season ;).

Nets, yes, but he never played with the Nets, and isn't even listed in his profile at NBA.com other than in his transaction section.

I still disagree on Griffin.

Battie/Mohammed would have increased minutes, ditto Griffin. Thus production would most likely go up.
Off course playing time doesn't matter on personal issues because if that was the case many people in the nba wouldn't get the playing time. I think the main reason he doesn't get more mins is because he is not a good rebounder, look at his past stats he never avg more then 6 rebounds even when did start, that is pretty low for a c/pf.

And also he did sign with Nets on 1/8/04, look in his bio under CAREER TRANSACTIONS and you will see that he never played a single min there and that pretty sad for a team that is in great need for a pf/c.

I seen most magic games and battie has gotten the mins and has started so production would not go up. Production may go up for Mohammed if he got more the mins, but not much. But i said before all these guys are consider role/bench players.

Griffin got into trouble while under contract with Houston, Houston eventually waived him. He signed with the Nets but the legal issues were still pending. He never got into NJ's rotation and a few weeks later told them he had to get things in his personal life straight and took a leave of absence. NJ then waived him.

Kings113 said:
DaMan:

Griffin's actually a good rebounder, getting double-digits a number of times this season, starting or not. He's mainly been coming off the bench with Minny though (since he's been there in 2004), so I'd say high 5-6 RPG is damn good, along with his block numbers. He's never been a full-time starter in his career, but has showed he certainly can be one with Minnesota last season, and up until mid-January this season, indeed. Especially with the Kings situation. Also have to take the minutes he's played into account over his career, starting or not. His numbers would be even better this season had he not gotten taken out of Casey's rotation since around the Boston trade in January. Hence why the numbers have dropped from 8-9 pts PG, 7RPG area, top 3 in the league in BPG - starting, or not. I've watched the Wolves semi-regularly (Banks/KG/McCants/Griffin) this season, also.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/eddie_griffin/index.html

I mentioned the thing about the Nets in the post you quoted man. ;)

I still think Eddie Griffin is the guy to get in the off-season, overall.

Lets agree to to disagree because you won't change my opinion on this guy. He has shown little to no progress year to year, the only thing he improves in is his blocking abiltly. His first year he played and started 1/3 of the season and avg 26 mins and got 8 and 6 which is ok for a rookie drafted 9th in the draft. Then in his second he year he showed no progress he started for most of the season and avg the same thing but in 24 mins. Then in his third only didn't start at all and still avg the same stats for from his first and second season. Then in his fourth season he started for the most part (before the trade) and still avged the same thing. Then to make matters worst he got bench behind a guy that most people in boston says is a srucb and avg less rebounds and and blocks then he does, in Mark blount. If he was having such a great year why would mark blount, who is having a very bad year start in front of him? Sorry, but i don't believe in Eddie. He had the playing time and chance in houston and had the chance and playing time in minn and then got benched behind a lesser player. Sorry, but if where the kings i won't give this kid a chance unless he was coming off the bench. We need a guy who could play tight d and get 8 to 10 rebounds, and eddie has shown that he can't do that.

DaMan said:
Off course playing time doesn't matter on personal issues because if that was the case many people in the nba wouldn't get the playing time. I think the main reason he doesn't get more mins is because he is not a good rebounder, look at his past stats he never avg more then 6 rebounds even when did start, that is pretty low for a c/pf.

And also he did sign with Nets on 1/8/04, look in his bio under CAREER TRANSACTIONS and you will see that he never played a single min there and that pretty sad for a team that is in great need for a pf/c.

I seen most magic games and battie has gotten the mins and has started so production would not go up. Production may go up for Mohammed if he got more the mins, but not much. But i said before all these guys are consider role/bench players.
Griffin's actually a good rebounder, getting double-digits a number of times this season, starting or not. He's mainly been coming off the bench with Minny though (since he's been there in 2004), so I'd say high 5-6 RPG is damn good, along with his block numbers. He's never been a full-time starter in his career, but has showed he certainly can be one with Minnesota last season, and up until mid-January this season, indeed. Especially with the Kings situation. Also have to take the minutes he's played into account over his career, starting or not. His numbers would be even better this season had he not gotten taken out of Casey's rotation since around the Boston trade in January. Hence why the numbers have dropped from 8-9 pts PG, 7RPG area, top 3 in the league in BPG - starting, or not. I've watched the Wolves semi-regularly (Banks/KG/McCants/Griffin) this season, also.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/eddie_griffin/index.html

I mentioned the thing about the Nets in the post you quoted man ;). He didn't play there because of the trouble he got into, but as been said, he's been fine since then (2004).

No, Battie isn't one of the top options, but would be a solid pick-up if we couldn't get anyone better. The Magic really want to re-sign him anyways, who have a bunch of a cap room to do it. Disgaree on Nazr Mohammed though.

role players

Exactly. That's ultimately what we need, someone who doesn't need the ball much, and will compliment Brad Miller (most likely starting). Which is what KT has been doing for us mostly since he's been starting, but there are a couple things with KT that might well have him traded in the summer.

I still think Eddie Griffin is the guy to get in the off-season, overall. Or Nazr Mohammed.

Chandler is unlikely, Nene will have too high value for us, Dalembert is unlikely. Pryzbilla would be sweet, but his value will be high, and Brad/Joel, I don't know really, wouldn't that be a slow front-court? Gooden, good rebounder, has some offense, but isn't a shot-blocker, he'll have pretty high value also, I bet. Olowokandi? Really doubt it. Brendan Haywood? Contract is huge, same thing for Dan Gadzuric. Melvin Ely? Maybe, will be an RFA though. Lorenzen Wright? Numbers (that includes minutes) have been down this season from the last two, contract year too, and likely is leaving Memphis. Francisco Elson? Good shot-blocker, rebounder, athleticism, can hit the jumper. Showed that more from starting 41 games this year when Camby/Martin have been out. He'd be cheap also. I wouldn't mind Elson or Wright after Griffin/Mohammed.

DaMan said:
Lets agree to to disagree because you won't change my opinion on this guy. He has shown little to no progress year to year, the only thing he improves in is his blocking abiltly. His first year he played and started 1/3 of the season and avg 26 mins and got 8 and 6 which is ok for a rookie drafted 9th in the draft. Then in his second he year he showed no progress he started for most of the season and avg the same thing but in 24 mins. Then in his third only didn't start at all and still avg the same stats for from his first and second season. Then in his fourth season he started for the most part (before the trade) and still avged the same thing. Then to make matters worst he got bench behind a guy that most people in boston says is a srucb and avg less rebounds and and blocks then he does, in Mark blount. If he was having such a great year why would mark blount, who is having a very bad year start in front of him? Sorry, but i don't believe in Eddie. He had the playing time and chance in houston and had the chance and playing time in minn and then got benched behind a lesser player. Sorry, but if where the kings i won't give this kid a chance unless he was coming off the bench. We need a guy who could play tight d and get 8 to 10 rebounds, and eddie has shown that he can't do that.
Indeed on your first sentence.

In the middle there about his seasons, he was ultimately coming off the bench.

But on your last sentence, Eddie was playing well for the most part until he got benched for Blount in mid-January because he provides more offense than Eddie, who just lost his shot this season. As that was the main reason for the trade, more offense to help KG, and Minny overall. Who were clearly lacking offense outside of KG/Wally. Wally not being as versatile as Ricky Davis, and Olowokandi not being much at all, and Blount being better for what Minny needed. Banks was like a throw-in, but came in immediately and took that right off peoples minds. Proving to be a steal in that trade, and likely their future PG because of his play since coming in.

Aside from Griffin now, what 1-3 bigs would you want Sac to go after, who the Kings could realistically get?

Last edited:
One thing Eddy sorely needs: someone must explain him that he's not going make it shooting the ball. Many years ago Charles Oakley told Ben Wallace that he's not gonna be next Magic, that he is a bruising defender and look what happened. Eddy shot 42% in college. If you do that as a big man you are horrible shooter. Don't shoot just move the ball. He really needs mentality change.

He's showed he can play well without his shot this season, as in mostly missing :p. Until he was benched for Mark Blount's offense, of course.

That wouldn't/shouldn't matter too much w/ the Kings, whereas it does in Minnesota. Or else he'd still be playing regularly in the rotation until after the trade happened.

Last edited:
Kings113 said:
[/b]
Exactly. That's ultimately what we need, someone who doesn't need the ball much, and will compliment Brad Miller (most likely starting). Which is what KT has been doing for us mostly since he's been starting, but there are a couple things with KT that might well have him traded in the summer.

I still think Eddie Griffin is the guy to get in the off-season, overall. Or Nazr Mohammed.

Chandler is unlikely, Nene will have too high value for us, Dalembert is unlikely. Pryzbilla would be sweet, but his value will be high, and Brad/Joel, I don't know really, wouldn't that be a slow front-court? Gooden, good rebounder, has some offense, but isn't a shot-blocker, he'll have pretty high value also, I bet. Olowokandi? Really doubt it. Brendan Haywood? Contract is huge, same thing for Dan Gadzuric. Melvin Ely? Maybe, will be an RFA though. Lorenzen Wright? Numbers (that includes minutes) have been down this season from the last two, contract year too, and likely is leaving Memphis. Francisco Elson? Good shot-blocker, rebounder, athleticism, can hit the jumper. Showed that more from starting 41 games this year when Camby/Martin have been out. He'd be cheap also. I wouldn't mind Elson or Wright after Griffin/Mohammed.
True thomas is a role player, but we need somebody better then that, we need a starter that is a great defender somebody like Tyson Chandler. Since its highly unlikely that we could get him, we need to get somebody close in talent a player like Pryzbila or gooden. But the only problems i see is like u said we would have to over pay to get either one of those players and Drew Gooden is not that good of a shot blocker.

And also the magic would like to sign Battie to a low price and bring him back as a backup to Darko and Dwight. But if he doesn't agree the magic will just let him go and find someone who will.

And to anwser to your question if joel and Drew could not come here and had to pick someone realistically, out of your list, it would have to be KG, lol. Just joking;) . But being serious even though i said Eddie was the best in there before, i would have to choose Battie but remember i think these guys are bench players at best.

what u think of this...

Sacramento Kings

Incoming Players
Eddie Griffin
Salary: $2,500,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 4.9 REB: 5.8 AST: 0.5 PER: 13.56
Marko Jaric
Salary: $5,280,528 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 8.5 REB: 3.2 AST: 4.3 PER: 12.63

Outgoing Players: Sergei Monia, Corliss Williamson Minnesota Timberwolves

Incoming Players
Sergei Monia
Salary: $1,016,400 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 3.2 REB: 2.1 AST: 0.8 PER: 6.51
Corliss Williamson
Salary: $6,000,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 3.8 REB: 1.9 AST: 0.3 PER: 8.95

Outgoing Players: Eddie Griffin, Marko Jaric

Mini does this for cap room the next summer... they are rebuilding.. and monia is a cheep prospect for development. We get our backup PG, who is very versitle, as well as out lane clogger, young Defesnive pf. Plus we would be 9 deep then. We would let bonzi walk if this happened. but I would be down. I truly love bonzi. maybe he will take a midlevel.

Well, you said we'd let Bonzi walk if that happened, thus opening a hole at SG or SF. Even if that deal doesn't happen, still possible Bonzi's gone. Having Artest/Martin/Garcia at the 2 and 3, while it'd be possible Garcia subs for them both, I ultimately think we'd go out and sign a swingman with some exp., and being someone who can shoot/defend or a hustle guy, like:

Rasual Butler
Jumaine Jones
Matt Barnes
Greg Buckner
Matt Harpring

Also, who knows what happens with KT/Jason Hart/Potapenko. I see Price staying though.

well jaric is a 1/2/3.. so he can fill all those roles... im not arguin with ya... ifeel your concern. If bonzi walks, its because we are giving the reigns ro kevin. Garcia will bacup the SF. SO the picture would be like this...

BIbby/Jaric
KEvin/Jaric/Garcia
Artest/Garcia (sometimes Jaric if needed)
Griffin/KT/SAR
Miller/SAR

I dont see both SAR and KT on the team if we land this deal tho... I like them both alot... but SAR would be the economic bet.. but hard to move KT

Haven't seen much of him honestly other than this year, he's had an inconsistent season. Has lost his starting spot and some of his minutes to Marcus Banks who did it with his play, at a point wasn't playing much, if at all. Has solid numbers though.

SacKings4Life21 said:
Sacramento Kings

Incoming Players
Eddie Griffin
Salary: $2,500,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 4.9 REB: 5.8 AST: 0.5 PER: 13.56
Marko Jaric
Salary: $5,280,528 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 8.5 REB: 3.2 AST: 4.3 PER: 12.63

Outgoing Players: Sergei Monia, Corliss Williamson Minnesota Timberwolves

Incoming Players
Sergei Monia
Salary: $1,016,400 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 3.2 REB: 2.1 AST: 0.8 PER: 6.51
Corliss Williamson
Salary: $6,000,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 3.8 REB: 1.9 AST: 0.3 PER: 8.95

Outgoing Players: Eddie Griffin, Marko Jaric

Mini does this for cap room the next summer... they are rebuilding.. and monia is a cheep prospect for development. We get our backup PG, who is very versitle, as well as out lane clogger, young Defesnive pf. Plus we would be 9 deep then. We would let bonzi walk if this happened. but I would be down. I truly love bonzi. maybe he will take a midlevel.

wat ya tink?

Don't know if they'd do that, but I like it.

Kings113 said:
Well, you said we'd let Bonzi walk if that happened, thus opening a hole at SG or SF. Even if that deal doesn't happen, still possible Bonzi's gone. Having Artest/Martin/Garcia at the 2 and 3, while it'd be possible Garcia subs for them both, I ultimately think we'd go out and sign a swingman with some exp., and being someone who can shoot/defend or a hustle guy, like:

Rasual Butler
Jumaine Jones
Matt Barnes
Greg Buckner
Matt Harpring

Also, who knows what happens with KT/Jason Hart/Potapenko. I see Price staying though.
Add Tony Allen to that list. Guy has impressed me a number of times over the last season or so. Good tenacious defender, quickness, slasher, leaper, can shoot the jumper. Seems like he can handle the ball alright. Brings energy and hustle. Is just 6'4", but is 213 lbs and is long and strong. Had knee surgery before the season started, but has been looking good the last couple weeks. Especially tonight, where he harassed Kobe a number of times and made him take tough shots (some he made, some he missed), and 3/4 of his blocks were on Kobe (2 jumpers, one base-line drive). Aside from that he had 18 pts. Also had 14 pts in 11 minutes at Indiana yesterday off the bench

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Sac.Kings said:
If i were Petrie, I would think about going after Ben Wallace, we could trade for him, say Shareef, Corliss and change?
Well, obviously.

But since there is absolutely no chance, none, that the Pistons would ever get rid of Big Ben for wnaything less than KG, and maybe not even then, we can't worry about that. We don't have the cap room to buy him on the open market, and he's the franchise player for one of the true elite teams in the league.

Kings113 said:
Bibby/Wells/Artest/KT or Brad/Ben Wallace! :)
I think yall are forgetting why Artest was suspended for a whole season... lol YEs he punched a fan... but it started becase BIG BEN punked him... then Ron said he wanted to box big ben on pay per view... I dont think Ron will welcome big ben... lol We dont need to beat up our own players...

M

MrBiggs

SacKings4Life21 said:
I think yall are forgetting why Artest was suspended for a whole season... lol YEs he punched a fan... but it started becase BIG BEN punked him... then Ron said he wanted to box big ben on pay per view... I dont think Ron will welcome big ben... lol We dont need to beat up our own players...
Ron Artest isn't the kind of guy who holds grudges. He gets heated in a moment of passion and does what his savage side tells him to. Ron Artest and Ben Wallace would be the kind of defensive duo that becomes friends off the court because of their passion for hard nosed work on the court. One word if these guys ever see the same team: Championship.

However, Detroit is a championship team. Don't mess with its starting 5 until they no longer fit together. We're, at least, a few years away from that happening.