New Kings Might Not Play Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of sad, even with all the good that's happened since Vivek took over, I still cant help but fear the worst. With all of this I wont rest easy until those guys set foot on the court in a Kings jersey

I don't think it would be common procedure for the raptors to waive the physical, that not make them look diligent/professional.
Shouldn't be bringing it up but grievous hasn't been the healthiest over the last year and I couldn't imagine this not going through and having to deal with those 4 scrubs again

No he is just trolling the fan, I'm sure he is not the happiest person with all the whirlwind that being traded brings, then having to deal with Visa issues on top of it. A message like that just dehumanizes these players, imagine if you had a job in Sacramento and were told overnight you were being transferred to Toronto. Obviously it comes with the job of being a pro basketball player, but fans also have to be respectful and considerate.

Definitely makes it sound like he's not in any hurry. Probably not in the mood to do the Kings any favors.
Maybe but... Try to get a physical or round up doctor to get any routine medical procedure done in Canada afterhours with its "universal health care." Not a political statement since I have Canadian friend who routinely waits many months to see doc.

Don't rag on Vasquez. His physical would be done if it wasn't for his Visa. He didn't keep his Visa up, but he wasn't expecting to be traded. Despite his struggles, he was happy to come here and not a lot of NBA guys are that way.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Maybe but... Try to get a physical or round up doctor to get any routine medical procedure done in Canada afterhours with its "universal health care." Not a political statement since I have Canadian friend who routinely waits many months to see doc.
The Raptors would of course have their own team physician that works outside of the auspices of Canada's health care system.

The tweet just as easily be sarcasm or "no no I want to" or "no no I wish." Blaming Vasquez seems misguided.

I also would think the Raptors have their own medical staff on hand to conduct the physical at any time.

No he is just trolling the fan, I'm sure he is not the happiest person with all the whirlwind that being traded brings, then having to deal with Visa issues on top of it. A message like that just dehumanizes these players, imagine if you had a job in Sacramento and were told overnight you were being transferred to Toronto. Obviously it comes with the job of being a pro basketball player, but fans also have to be respectful and considerate.
I would move to Alaska if I was getting paid that much. **** Vasquez

Revrag

Father, Husband, KingsFan
Staff member
Administrator
Contributor
The tweet just as easily be sarcasm or "no no I want to" or "no no I wish." Blaming Vasquez seems misguided.

I also would think the Raptors have their own medical staff on hand to conduct the physical at any time.
I'm not blaming him, just posting the latest news. Honestly I think he's a great character guy but I'm sure rushing to get the physical so the new players can play for the Kings tonight is probably not his biggest concern right now.

Don't rag on Vasquez. His physical would be done if it wasn't for his Visa. He didn't keep his Visa up, but he wasn't expecting to be traded. Despite his struggles, he was happy to come here and not a lot of NBA guys are that way.
Good point. I wonder who is responsible for keeping these NBA players passports valid and in the case of GV making sure his Visa is current to enter Canada as Venezuela national. It would seem to me it should be his team which with a Kings game in Toronto next in March, that's where some "blame" should be directed. Maybe it's the agent who is responsible as well but ultimately the player needs to "fill out, sign, turn in the paperwork." Also, GV needs a work Visa for Canada since he will now be living there as opposed to temporary one.

Errr, so Vasquez isn't having the physical because he doesn't want to?
maybe he is joking in a way stating he doesnt want to because he doesnt want to leave the kings. he was one of the few players who stated he wanted to be here and saw a future with the kings. it's not that often when someone is traded here and not only happy to come here but saw himself growing with the team. i just wish he didnt stink so bad on defense

Revrag

Father, Husband, KingsFan
Staff member
Administrator
Contributor
Raptors PR is now saying physical will be tonight but results won't be available until tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.