• Trail Blazers in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trail Blazers in 6

• Trail Blazers in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dray and clay sound like male models or something. Thompson plays great defense and can shoot it, but he moves more like an old woman than any NBA player I have ever seen. Green plays with great intensity and makes really smart plays. He is a great defender, and rebounder. His offense is also really good but over shadowed by all of that other fire power. Green has trouble controlling his emotions and can be a jack ass, but skill level is pretty stellar.

Cousins is a perfect fit for their "culture."
I would not mind a bit if my kids used the current Kings for role models. We have to wait and see about coach.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I could not disagree more. Americans seem to more and more willing to excuse bad behavior because the perpetrator is "successful" or "famous."
BFD. Once a butt head always a butt head.
Sure, some may excuse their behavior but the results speak for themselves and in sports, it's all about results.

Soil Tumpsen is complaining today because he is not on some all-star team. Perfect example of what I am talking about.
"In sports it is all about results." We can agree to disagree. No it isn't.
Sports are supposed to be fun. It started with the Olympics. There is supposed to be sopme tradition. People are supposed to respect the game.
Sports are not life and death, they are games. Some guy can put a piece of leather in a hoop. In the scheme of things it doesn't even matter.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Soil Tumpsen is complaining today because he is not on some all-star team. Perfect example of what I am talking about.
Sports are supposed to be fun. It started with the Olympics. There is supposed to be sopme tradition. People are supposed to respect the game.
Sports are not life and death, they are games. Some guy can put a piece of leather in a hoop. In the scheme of things it doesn't even matter.
What the eff does this even mean?

I'd argue that Steph and Klay's mastery of perhaps the most fundamental skill in basketball (shooting) shows more respect for the game than if they were both 6'9" behemoths who did nothing but dunk the ball (although that is completely within the bounds of "respecting the game" too).

"Bad behavior" is such a loaded term in the context of a discussion about the Warriors. All of their guys sport sparkling records off the court, Klay and Steph pretty much stay out of the refs' ways, and Dray is an overly competitive overachiever who scraps and fights and would immediately be everyone's favorite player if he somehow wound up on their favorite team's roster. KD is a bit of a prima donna but he's also hated by the rest of his team so that should be a plus in their column rather than a minus.

I have been about as anti-Warriors as anyone on this forum but your argument against them seems based on sheer misguided conjecture and a bunch of vagaries about tradition (What's more traditional than a bunch of sub-par athletes jacking up jumpers because they aren't as athletic as their opponents?) and them not being good role models (which you have done absolutely nothing to back up as an argument).

They are perhaps the most dominant team in the history of the sport and at a certain point you have to sidle off your high horse and acknowledge it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bingo. And that's exactly why you don't choose professional game players as role models for your kids. Pick a scientist or a doctor or a dedicated teacher or ... the list is just about endless. I'd use the hard-working immigrant down the road who put his daughter through college with a strawberry stand that grew over the years to become a favorite spot for locals to get fresh-grown fruits and vegetables that were grown right behind the stand. That's a role model.

/endrant