[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a growing sentiment that the Clippers might end up being the front runner in the Luka sweepstakes if/when he has enough of the Mavs. Not sure I agree but that’s the latest thing, apparently.
That's an interesting thought, though I am still struggling to see how/why NBA would fine someone for saying he can't believe 3 teams passed on the best player in the draft. Although it's mostly working out ok for two of them. And talent aside it does seem concerns about Luka's attitude were not completely unfounded. But silly youtubers these days seem more likely to criticize the Lillards and Beals for not demanding trades 2-3 years ago than they will a player indicating frustration while still on their rookie 4. They seem 50-50 on Zion demanding out being a good thing after 2 even.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Embiid's sense of humor seems rather more "troll-like" than Antetokounmpo's, to me. He certainly comes across as the more polarizing player, IMO.

I mean, Embiid is relevant to my interests, but I would not characterize him as particularly "likeable," at least, not according to any commonly accepted definition of "likeable" that I've ever heard of.

I wonder if Irving will decide to retire? He says no, but I just don't see him changing his mind on the mandate. His career is on a weird trajectory as it is.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I wonder if Irving will decide to retire? He says no, but I just don't see him changing his mind on the mandate. His career is on a weird trajectory as it is.
based on his salary thus far in his career, he can definitely retire but then do what? Lots of employers will require inoculation even if he chooses to no longer dribble a ball

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
He'll cave. This whole BS pivot into being a "voice for the voiceless" (how are you supposed to be the voice for the voiceless, when you refuse to speak, on the record?) is all about him trying set himself up to play martyr, when he eventually gets vaccinated, because his previous tactic wasn't getting him the traction he thought it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.