[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
yeah idk wtf is with this. I'd feel super insulted if I were Ayton lol. He's had an unreal progression curve where he's become one of the best defensive/rebounding centers in basketball. He was excellent throughout the playoff run on both ends While his offensive scoring role declined a bit last year with Cp3 on board, he had a massive efficiency boost to up his offensive value. And he's just an upper-tier offensive big tier, something only a few other guys in the league can do.
Right, he was pretty much the perfect third cog in the Suns CP3/Booker wheel as essentially an upgraded version of New Orleans/Dallas Tyson Chandler with outside shooting potential and proved himself to be one of the few bigs capable of fully switching on defense in the playoffs to the point that the Suns were absolutely elite with him on the floor and terrible with him off of it (one-legged Demarcus Cousins absolutely laying waste to their backup bigs in the playoffs comes to mind).

Maybe they've seen something from Jalen Smith in practice that makes them confident that they could survive without DA in a worst-case scenario but there is absolutely no reason for them to do what they just did.

If that relationship becomes completely untenable and the Kings don't make a different big move in the intervening months, I might try to swing a Holmes/Buddy/protected first sign-and-trade for Ayton or something like that if I were Monte.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
43 million for an average player in Shamet? My goodness these agents deserve half of that money for some of these contracts being thrown around
The thing about Shamet is that he keeps winding up on contenders as a good bench depth guy but those same teams will trade him at a moment's notice because there's always someone better than a 6'4" guard who can't handle the ball. He's not bad, for sure, but ten million dollars a year for a 8th/9th man is a tough pill to swallow.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The thing about Shamet is that he keeps winding up on contenders as a good bench depth guy but those same teams will trade him at a moment's notice because there's always someone better than a 6'4" guard who can't handle the ball. He's not bad, for sure, but ten million dollars a year for a 8th/9th man is a tough pill to swallow.
like I said, the agents deserve half of the salaries on these type of players. What did Doug McDermott get?

uhh what.

He was good last year in a really limited sample, but you're basically saying he's a top 20 or so starting C with this salary as a big who's not a scorer/shooter or playmaker and is basically a finisher on O.

I swear Holmes signed the best value contract this summer and it's not all that close. Remains one of the better value contracts in the NBA.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
uhh what.

He was good last year in a really limited sample, but you're basically saying he's a top 20 or so starting C with this salary as a big who's not a scorer/shooter or playmaker and is basically a finisher on O.

I swear Holmes signed the best value contract this summer and it's not all that close. Remains one of the better value contracts in the NBA.
Better for whom, though? Was it better for Holmes?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
uhh what.

Glad it worked out like it did. I wasn’t huge on the resign Holmes at all costs wagon, still feel he’s a bit overrated but it couldn’t have worked out any better especially for a team like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.