[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll cave. This whole BS pivot into being a "voice for the voiceless" (how are you supposed to be the voice for the voiceless, when you refuse to speak, on the record?) is all about him trying set himself up to play martyr, when he eventually gets vaccinated, because his previous tactic wasn't getting him the traction he thought it would.
I’m just not sure how he will spin the change of heart. He’s been an alternative theory guy on a ton of topics, probably all topics actually :D

I'm confused, LiAngelo has already been kicking the tires trying to get into the NBA for a few seasons now, and he's never been assigned a G-League team?

Also this from his wikipedia entry is effing gold.
Los Angeles Ballers (2018)
On July 9, 2018, Ball signed with the Los Angeles Ballers of the Junior Basketball Association, a league founded by his father as an alternative to college basketball.[72] He joined in the middle of the season and made his debut on July 14, tallying 53 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists.[73] Ball was named to the West roster for the JBA All-Star Game and was named co-MVP of the game after scoring 39 points.[74] Ball recorded 39 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists, and 3 steals in a 202–189 win to claim the All-Star Game MVP award.[75] In his first playoff game, he scored a season-high 58 points in a 157–134 win over the Philadelphia Ballers.[76] On August 12, Ball matched his season high of 58 points, 11 rebounds, and 6 assists in a Finals victory over the Seattle Ballers and was subsequently named Finals MVP.[77] At the end of the season, Ball was among 14 players in the league named to the JBA USA select Team, which faced several European teams on an international tour.[78]

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I’m just not sure how he will spin the change of heart. He’s been an alternative theory guy on a ton of topics, probably all topics actually :D
He's not going to spin it: he's going to completely no-sell it. Just like he no-sold how, three weeks ago, his objection to getting vaccinated was based on his faith, and now he's acting like this new pivot has been the reason why he has been objecting, this whole time.

On the one hand, JJJ is still really young and has an intriguing skillset next to Ja. On the other hand, he's been even more injury prone than Bagley since being drafted.
Difference is, if JJJ stays healthy, he's going to pay this contract off and then some. Kings are unfortunately in a situation where Bagley has to get significantly better on the court AND avoid his injury-bug status. There's no question that JJJ is an ascending star if he stays healthy.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Love Giles, the person. But he's in a catch 22 situation. Can't get bigger, because his knees can't take it. Need the girth to stay in the league. He gets over powered wayyy to easily. Think he's headed overseas.
Ya, I still love his skillset on offense but poor guy is caught between two positions defensively and is pretty useless despite at least trying. No quickness and lateral movement to stay with PFs no size and strength to compete with centers.

Love Giles, the person. But he's in a catch 22 situation. Can't get bigger, because his knees can't take it. Need the girth to stay in the league. He gets over powered wayyy too easily. Think he's headed overseas.
Such a shame he had the injuries. You could see how pre-injury Giles could absolutely torch everyone at the 4 and make teams regret ever trying to small-ball vs him. Unfortunately think you're right where he's stuck as a tweener right now and can't defend either position.

Such a shame he had the injuries. You could see how pre-injury Giles could absolutely torch everyone at the 4 and make teams regret ever trying to small-ball vs him. Unfortunately think you're right where he's stuck as a tweener right now and can't defend either position.
Yea, I was watching the Clips broadcast and they were really trying to hype his upside, but the reality was he was getting bullied by Thompson and a few other Kings bigs. The skill is tantalizing and he'll flash an occasional help side block, but the reality is he's getting mauled inside and he can't stay in front of his dude on the perimeter.

Unbelievable insanity from the Suns. Like the Kings, they should not have passed on Luka, a generational talent if ever there was one. But DeAndre Ayton has turned out to be a really fantastic consolation prize for them! He has really surprised on the defensive end, in particular. Young team, bright future, and Sarver is risking it all for what, exactly?

Phoenix really paying everyone but Ayton at this point lol
yeah idk wtf is with this. I'd feel super insulted if I were Ayton lol. He's had an unreal progression curve where he's become one of the best defensive/rebounding centers in basketball. He was excellent throughout the playoff run on both ends While his offensive scoring role declined a bit last year with Cp3 on board, he had a massive efficiency boost to up his offensive value. And he's just an upper-tier offensive big tier, something only a few other guys in the league can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.