[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (TDOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Popper @StevePopper
Newsday has learned Knicks are waiving Elfrid Payton and Kenny Wooten and not picking up option on Bobby Portis. Also, no qualifying offer for Damyean Dotson, who is an unrestricted FA now. More decisions to come...

Chris Iseman @ChrisIseman
Knicks make it official: Wayne Ellington, Elfrid Payton, Kenny Wooten and Taj Gibson have all been waived. They're not exercising team options on Theo Pinson and Bobby Portis.

Last edited:

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
They have a 19.2 exemption....... we have a player whose destination just got murky and wants to compete..... something there?
The Warriors trade exemption for Iguodala expires this Monday. And I don't know if the fact that they are a tax paying team limits it's use.

Obviously I'd S&T Bogi for Golden States lottery protected 1st in 2021 but I doubt the Warriors would. Or if they'd even be allowed to.

The Warriors trade exemption for Iguodala expires this Monday. And I don't know if the fact that they are a tax paying team limits it's use.

Obviously I'd S&T Bogi for Golden States lottery protected 1st in 2021 but I doubt the Warriors would. Or if they'd even be allowed to.
I really don't know but was reading that their GM had that along with two other exemptions that he was ok'd to use by ownership. But that was before this injury.

The Warriors may end up trying to win this year. They could take on some expirings for future draft capital. What about Derozan? I suppose it depends on how long Klay is out.

Marc Stein @TheSteinLine
The Knicks have been aggressive in their pursuit of Gordon Hayward all week, sources say Amid a growing belief leaguewide that Hayward will decline his $34 million player option for next season, New York may loom as Hayward's best option given all the Knicks' newfound cap space

Last edited:
A lot of Giannis sweepstakes talk lately. Who do you folks think will end up with him if not Milwaukee? I think he will resign with the Bucks personally. If he does bolt I see him going to either the Heat or the Mavs. Can you imagine a Luka/Giannis pairing? That could be the most entertaining duo of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.