[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (OCT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
You: Stuck in 2018.
The rest of us: still upset over a trade that happened in February.

the Kings literally have one guy left on the roster from when that draft happened and

Looks like Dwight Powell is going to take another scalp, played way more than McGee tonight, that starting C position is cursed no one is beating out Dwight they could throw anyone in there.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
The Lakers operate in a different climate than everyone else. They haven't had to build a team in 20 years so of course they don't know how. Lebron and AD came to them just like Shaq and Kobe did and just like someone else will in 5 years when they have cap space again. Whoever they draft in the meantime is just going to be a trade chip anyway so what difference does it make if they trade the picks or they trade the players? Nobody is buying that they play by the same rules as everyone else and those draft picks actually matter to them.

The unfortunate reality for the Lakers (and us, as division rivals) is that Golden State built a brand that people want to be part of under new ownership and they just loudly announced this off-season that they're not going away any time soon. Considering the position their local market now occupies in the global economy, I don't see money being a problem for them either. Which is to say, if the Lakers think they can still operate like it's 2002 and enjoy the same level of success they did back then GOOD. I hope they continue to think that because we have enough to worry about with one unstoppable juggernaut in our division already.

It's still mind-blowing to me you have LeBron freaking James for maybe like 2-3 more years and the Lakers stance is "You know what? Those first rounders in 5 and 7 years are REALLY going to come in handy"
ya let’s trade two first round picks to become a 6 seed team and not have any pick for a decade it’s an easy pass for LA

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The Lakers operate in a different climate than everyone else. They haven't had to build a team in 20 years so of course they don't know how. Lebron and AD came to them just like Shaq and Kobe did and just like someone else will in 5 years when they have cap space again. Whoever they draft in the meantime is just going to be a trade chip anyway so what difference does it make if they trade the picks or they trade the players? Nobody is buying that they play by the same rules as everyone else and those draft picks actually matter to them.

The unfortunate reality for the Lakers (and us, as division rivals) is that Golden State built a brand that people want to be part of under new ownership and they just loudly announced this off-season that they're not going away any time soon. Considering the position their local market now occupies in the global economy, I don't see money being a problem for them either. Which is to say, if the Lakers think they can still operate like it's 2002 and enjoy the same level of success they did back then GOOD. I hope they continue to think that because we have enough to worry about with one unstoppable juggernaut in our division already.
As a Red Sox fan I can only liken this to what Baltimore fans must go through. (I guess to a much lesser but slightly more relevant extent one of the NL West clubs that isn't LA or SF)

Lauri (Bird) Markkanen has after Giannis been the most impactful player so far 8 games into the season, Jazz are 6-2 beating Grizz x2 (had luck in that Morant was hurt once and Banes in the other, Denver, NOP (Ingram left the game) and Minny all quality wins. The Jazz home crowd is absolutely nuts as well.

What the hell were the Bulls doing with him, I just remember him shooting 3's with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.