[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've watched the last few Blazers games with an eye on Skal and I've noticed two things.

1) He can score some on offense. He's got a decent post game and can hit from distance.

2) He is atrocious on defense. I've seen faster players blow by him with ease and he's always late to contest shots.

So I've watched the last few Blazers games with an eye on Skal and I've noticed two things.

1) He can score some on offense. He's got a decent post game and can hit from distance.

2) He is atrocious on defense. I've seen faster players blow by him with ease and he's always late to contest shots.
I'm sure Swanigan could blow by me in the buffet line and grab a diet Coke on the way back to his seat in Stockton.

(Currently watching recording of Blazers/Bucks)

Ever since talking sh*t about Skal's poor defense a few minutes ago he has since blocked multiple shots and is anchoring on D. Boy did he shut me up. He's also dominating on offense...wtf.

Skal had 22/12 and 5 blocks tonight.

“THERE’S YOUR SUPERSTAR PORTLAND!”
Remember when we traded him for Calab Swanigan and people talked themselves into it?

Not really talking themselves into the idea that it wasn't a huge deal (because it isn't), but actually convinced themselves that Swanigan was a better player and better fit (lmao) or that Swanigan was an NBA player at all (also lmao).

In all honesty, Skal is a perfect example of what I hate about Vlade's GMing. Picking projects, not committing to said projects, and then somehow mismanaging your own assets when you cut ties and end up with no benefit to yourself.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I’ve said for a while Skal would be this team’s “Whiteside” mistake and be the guy to figure it out and be good a few seasons down the line.

While Vlade’s special ability to bleed talent is obviously bad and I wish we could have gotten anything better than Swanigan, it wasn’t going to happen on the Kings. I’ll always cheer him on, and hope he reaches his potential.

I’ve said for a while Skal would be this team’s “Whiteside” mistake and be the guy to figure it out and be good a few seasons down the line.

While Vlade’s special ability to bleed talent is obviously bad and I wish we could have gotten anything better than Swanigan, it wasn’t going to happen on the Kings. I’ll always cheer him on, and hope he reaches his potential.
Well, at the time, the coach obviously had no intention to use him. So, it might be a mutual agreement to give Skal a chance for the fresh start.

Well, at the time, the coach obviously had no intention to use him. So, it might be a mutual agreement to give Skal a chance for the fresh start.
Yeah, I think this was Joerger's mistake if anyone's. I don't know what was going on in practice, but it was bizarre that he couldn't even get court time when we had multiple injuries, foul trouble, or everyone in front of him playing like garbage. It was clear he was not going to get a chance. Although, if we'd hung on to him, who knows under Walton?

Scary potential neck injury to Kemba Walker. He accidentally ran headfirst at a 90-degree angle into Ojoleye and dropped to the floor. They immobilized his neck and stretchered him out.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
How come the Mavs get to play the crappy Spurs, the G-League Warriors, and the Cavs in a row at home while we get stuck going to Staples to play the Lakers, have the Celtics and Suns (maybe the two hottest teams in the league) at home, and then have to follow that all with a 4 game east coast road trip?

How come the Mavs get to play the crappy Spurs, the G-League Warriors, and the Cavs in a row at home while we get stuck going to Staples to play the Lakers, have the Celtics and Suns (maybe the two hottest teams in the league) at home, and then have to follow that all with a 4 game east coast road trip?
Mavs have been gifted a very soft schedule to start the year. They have 2 impressive wins against the Nuggets and Raptors, but that balances out their 2 inexplicable losses to the Knicks.

This is gonna sound kinda crazy but Frank Kaminsky is surprisingly nimble. I'm watching the Suns/Pelicans game from yesterday and he's doing spin moves around defenders, dribbling behind his back and faking someone out too. He's a lot craftier than I thought. He's just missing a little touch around the rim.

I saw that Walker had a scary accident and had a concussion. So wonder if he will not be on the floor Monday when we play in Boston?
I suppose we will know Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.