[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm over here trying to figure out how Diallo was available all the way until the 45th pick, the guy can play.
A lot of teams appear to have missed the boat in that draft. I think there’s more serviceable players from the undrafted pool like Van Fleet, Yogi Ferrell, Troy Williams, Nwaba, and Seldon then there was between picks 12-27.

Kings swung and missed atleast twice, and potentially a third with Skal though I think he’ll catch on somewhere. Luckily it looks like Criss will bust and the Kings got Bogdan out of it and ended up with one of the better players in the draft anyway(Buddy)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the Bucks are very hot and cold as of late. They lose at home to the Suns and then at the moment are down 22 to the 9-10 Hornets. strange team to figure out.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
this Players Only segment on NBA TV and their abysmal announcing has me thankful for the mute button. how are they allowed to be so bad at their jobs?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
this Players Only segment on NBA TV and their abysmal announcing has me thankful for the mute button. how are they allowed to be so bad at their jobs?
Disagree that they're bad at their jobs. Certainly no worse than any other announce team would be, if they consisted of three color commentators, and no play-by-play announcer. The problem is that play-by-play is not a skill set that ex-players generally develop: when ex-players have aspirations of getting into broadcasting, that simply isn't the part that any of them focus on.

So I don't blame any of them, nor do I think that they're bad at their jobs. I do, however, blame the suit who thought it was a good idea to put an announcer-less announce team out there to call games.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Disagree that they're bad at their jobs. Certainly no worse than any other announce team would be, if they consisted of three color commentators, and no play-by-play announcer. The problem is that play-by-play is not a skill set that ex-players generally develop: when ex-players have aspirations of getting into broadcasting, that simply isn't the part that any of them focus on.

So I don't blame any of them, nor do I think that they're bad at their jobs. I do, however, blame the suit who thought it was a good idea to put an announcer-less announce team out there to call games.
if you can honestly sit there and type out that you don't think their bad at their jobs then that's fine. It just means that you have more tolerance for stupidity and random talks about non-basketball related topics.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
it's a waste of time when it doesn't pertain to the game or sport being broadcasted. if you want non-basketball related topics that's what vlogs and podcasts are for, not when showing an NBA game.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I mean, contrary to whatever you may believe, I don't argue just to argue. But also, we don't consume sports-as-entertainment the same way, and I don't feel any particular obligation to let statements that run contrary to what I believe in to go unchallenged. Like, sometimes I do, but I usually don't.

Just like you, for that matter; please don't act like I'm playing this "game" by myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.