[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (MAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a rumor that the Warriors were interested in Gobert. I didn’t even read the article as the source wasn’t notable but that is an interesting concept. Gobert for Wiggins, Kuminga and Wiseman? Could that end up being one of the best defensive teams ever?

Anyone know why the NBA schedule has an off day today, and the BOS/MIL and GSW/MEM series both get extended time off and don't play until Saturday while the other series continue as normal tomorrow?

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
that award should of been Embiid's
Should have.

IDK, both Embiid and Jokic are carrying their team, but Jokic did it with a lot more dead weight. Embiid is, right now, proving that he is more deserving, but it is a regular season award.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
wow. he f'd up the return on the trades, especially the McCollum one allowing the restrictions it got and now they are years away from getting the compensation with Lillard on the clock. I can't believe they gave him a four year contract unless this means that Jody and the other heirs plan on keeping the team in the family for a while contrary to the rumors they are planning for a sale.

wow. he f'd up the return on the trades, especially the McCollum one allowing the restrictions it got and now they are years away from getting the compensation with Lillard on the clock. I can't believe they gave him a four year contract unless this means that Jody and the other heirs plan on keeping the team in the family for a while contrary to the rumors they are planning for a sale.
Likely cheaped out with an internal hire, avoiding a full rebuild and allowing the team to fester and decay, maybe an owner general disinterest evidenced by failure to conduct a GM search- all signs of an ownership group getting ready to sell. Seems inevitable that Dame will look to leave especially when their biggest move had been pivoting towards a younger guard. if they want to have flexibility and are willing to sell to an org looking to relocate these sort of treading water and letting the team slowly collapse seems like the standard MO (altho I highly doubt they would be moved with expansion on the horizon)

Jody already has the scummy factor that Vivek has mostly avoided so if these new competence FO continues to be given autonomy there may be a new candidate for worst owner in the league

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Jody already has the scummy factor that Vivek has mostly avoided so if these new competence FO continues to be given autonomy there may be a new candidate for worst owner in the league
I think these kind of lazy owners are far worse and more common than a meddlesome owner like Vivek (who appears to finally be getting out of his own way). It's definitely cause for alarm and if they are seriously going into 2022-23 with Billups I can only see Dame leaving by the deadline.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Should have.

IDK, both Embiid and Jokic are carrying their team, but Jokic did it with a lot more dead weight. Embiid is, right now, proving that he is more deserving, but it is a regular season award.
no question that Embiid's supporting cast is superior to Jokic but I gave the advantage to Embiid because he played in a tougher and deeper conference and about 40 games or so without Harden

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
eh... how?

Jokic was just better in any conceivable argument you can make. Counting stats, advanced stats, carried his team to the playoffs without the 2nd and 3rd best player and only 3 less wins than Philly. Can't make the "eye test" argument either because Jokic clearly had insane impact when watching him
mentioned to Spike already but Embiid played without Harden for half the games and in a deeper and tougher conference so I gave him the edge

This is almost hard for me to believe it’s so out there, especially given that no one put a name to it. But damn am I happy to post this in the NBA forum and not Kings related because it is so easy to imagine this kind of garbage exploding in Sacramento and im honestly a little in disbelief we managed to dodge this (alleged) bullet
Literally none of this is new. There was mass reporting about this and much more. Why some people get to get away with this kind of stuff blows my mind. He’s not even likable. I don’t get it.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I was thinking about a Charlotte trade. How about Gordon H, Kai Jones and 2 firsts for Ayton in a sign and trade?
The only hold up on Ayton is Sarver being cheap so I don't know why they would take on his salary for a guy that can't play? If they don't pay Ayton they will go down as even stupider than we were.

Status
Not open for further replies.