[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JUN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love JJ Reddick man. He's pretty much single-handily saving basketball discourse and shutting down all this nonsense on a daily basis.

I'd be curious though, if you polled all 30 GM's on who'd they rather have: Davis vs Luka/Tatum/Jokic. I'm not sure AD would get a single vote in 90 opportunities.

edit: I also find it interesting to add the qualifier "WHEN YOU'RE ON THE BASKETBALL COURT HEALTHY. ONLY SKILL", but health has been by far been AD's weakness. Only played above 60 games once (62 games) in the last 4 years, coming off a 36 game and 40 game season. If he was actually playing 70 games a year? Yeah, absolutely, he'd probably be in MVP conversations and talked with that Luka/Tatum/Jokic/Giannis/KD/Bron tier.

Last edited:
Portends a soft market for Holmes and Houston not taking Ivey. Not great for the Kings.
Yeah, this really puts a damper with like any deal we were hoping for with CHA. The pick, PJ, Oubre, etc. I think them agreeing to a Cody Martin S&T is kind of our best option there.

Not losing hope for Kleber though. DAL has Powell, Kleber, Wood all heading for their UFA year and they won't have much cap space to manuever to keep all of them with Luka becoming expensive and Wood likely commanding 15+mil. Holmes still works incredibly well with Luka and they could get some long-term security with him on board.

Yeah, this really puts a damper with like any deal we were hoping for with CHA. The pick, PJ, Oubre, etc. I think them agreeing to a Cody Martin S&T is kind of our best option there.

Not losing hope for Kleber though. DAL has Powell, Kleber, Wood all heading for their UFA year and they won't have much cap space to manuever to keep all of them with Luka becoming expensive and Wood likely commanding 15+mil. Holmes still works incredibly well with Luka and they could get some long-term security with him on board.
Dallas kind of almost boned themselves by overachieving. They almost have no choice but to keep someone like Brunson and wall themselves in as is for the majority of Lukas early prime. This could really help things on the surface talent wise although Woods actual impact is debatable. I can't see Dallas moving any key pieces to their rotation as of yet although they'd probably love to dump THJ. If they are looking to dump any semi valuable players it will probably be to seek instant cap relief.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That seems fair value to me. Thought Wood’s numbers were inflated. I also think Holmes, at best, nets a late first. At best. Maybe early second as fair value.
Yeah, Wood's good but not a 20 point scorer on a team that isn't actively trying to lose as many games as possible. Aside from perimeter shooting, I'm not sure he's actually better than Holmes at anything.

The Mavs have 120 mil on the books in ‘23 before the Brunson extension. Do they see Wood as a one year rental? They have a bunch of middling players with 3 plus years left on hefty contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.