[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JUL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m already on record saying I believe that I don’t believe Zion will be the best player from this class.

Aside from the concern you outlined, I believe he’s going to be injury prone unless he can drop significant weight — which then diminishes the advantage he has on players his height.

Think about it. 285 pounds is a lot of weight for a 6’7 - 6’8 dude. Then add the stress on his legs/feet from jumping and landing. I think he’s a stress fracture waiting to happen. If not that, something will happen to his legs. We’ve already kinda seen it occur in college and in SL.

DeMarcus Cousins is bigger than Zion and he had to slim down from close to the same weight.
DNP - Load management for 2022 NBA Finals

Kingster

Hall of Famer
So I watched Zion, and is this guy like on the cusp of turning into Oliver Miller? I don't remember him being that big in college. I know he was never really a defined muscle man or anything but it caught my attention so I assume he's bigger than when in college..
Yes, he was slimmer. He hasn't had a chance to get into shape because of all the non-curricular media activities of the summer. He needs to slim down from his playing weight in college, so he has some work to do.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
This is an underrated get. Good defender and solid enough on offense, plays well off the ball. Didn't pay much to get him either.
I like that he's a less than average offensive threat for an NBA guard. Right now it looks like Danny Green could be the Lakers' MVP. If he goes down with injury, it's curtains. Rondo to the rescue.:p Last year the Lakers' geniuses didn't have enough outside shooting around LBJ. This year appears no different.

Yes, he was slimmer. He hasn't had a chance to get into shape because of all the non-curricular media activities of the summer. He needs to slim down from his playing weight in college, so he has some work to do.
If I have on criticism of Zion so far it's that he has spent an inordinate amount of time and energy on non-basketball activity. To the extent that he's already changed representative agencies and is involved in multiple lawsuits on that front. Strike while the iron is hot an all that, but geez, you used to actually have to get some results before becoming rich on endorsements alone.

I like that he's a less than average offensive threat for an NBA guard. Right now it looks like Danny Green could be the Lakers' MVP. If he goes down with injury, it's curtains. Rondo to the rescue.:p Last year the Lakers' geniuses didn't have enough outside shooting around LBJ. This year appears no different.
The Lakers just got names that people would recognized.

That entire team beyond their two superstars is washed.

Avery Bradley to the Lakers.
So it says over on reddit from the twitters, that he signed 2 years for 9.7m. How is that possible if they had ~30 million and with the guys they picked up Friday, I thought they were all on minimum deals now? I guess this is the room exception - which I assumed they already used?

This came through my facespace from the Blazers:
The Portland Trail Blazers have acquired the rights to forward/center Bojan Dubljevic in a sign-and-trade agreement that sends Jake Layman to Minnesota, it was announced today by president of basketball operations Neil Olshey.
As a part of the trade, Portland will receive a traded player exception. The Trail Blazers will have one year to use the traded player exception, which is created when a team’s outgoing salaries exceed the salaries they receive back in a trade.
Dubljevic (6-9, 242), 27, was selected with the 59th overall pick in the second round of the 2013 NBA Draft. The Montenegrin national has spent the last seven seasons playing for Valencia in Spain.
Layman was selected by Orlando with the 47th overall pick in the second round of the 2016 NBA Draft and acquired by Portland in a draft-night trade. In three seasons with the Trail Blazers, he averaged 4.6 points (45.7% FG, 30.2% 3-PT, 71.4% FT), 1.8 rebounds, 0.5 assists and 12.3 minutes in 141 games (35 starts).
Layman had a little mini-following here ... they also get a TPE, so they have some room to acquire someone else I guess?

Man Clippers got a starting PF in Green for 2 year 5 million per......the rich getting richer. If Bagley was capable of being a C he and Brogdan would have been my first two "realistic options" to get in FA.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Read that Kings draft pick Ignas Brazdeikis signed a deal with the Knicks. Kings might just regret letting that one slip away. He's got the size, the athletic ability, and can run pick and roll. He's still raw but that upside is ridiculous.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Read that Kings draft pick Ignas Brazdeikis signed a deal with the Knicks. Kings might just regret letting that one slip away. He's got the size, the athletic ability, and can run pick and roll. He's still raw but that upside is ridiculous.
Oh that’s the guy we traded basically for Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.