[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (JUL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok a bunch of new moves:

Kanter to Celtics 2/10
Elfrid Payton to Knicks 2/16
Troy Daniels to Lakers 1/2.1
Maxi Kleber to Mavs 4/33
Rivers to Rockets
Seth Curry to Mavs 4/32
Wayne Ellington to Knicks 2/16 (wtf)
MCW one year deal w/ Orlando
Satoransky to Bulls, 3 years

The Knicks must have totally given up on Ntilikina. Signed Payton, Ellingtog and Reggie Bullock. Already have have DSJ. Drafted RJ Barrett. Also have Alonzo Trier and Dotson.

Sounds like they should give him to us for nothing. Yea that sounds good.

Two fanbases get rid of their least favorite player. Win win in July, they'll probably both be pulling their hair out come January.
Was Meyers their least favorite player? They were cheering pretty hard for him during the playoffs but he had been pretty underwhelming for most of his career.

Was Meyers their least favorite player? They were cheering pretty hard for him during the playoffs but he had been pretty underwhelming for most of his career.
I just assumed it was Harkless after the Leonard playoff game I saw. Lol
You know how WCS has a good game 1 in 5 and a great game 1 in 15?

Leonard was like a great game once a season and not on a rookie deal. Fans have been clamoring to move him for 3 years.

So am I the only one who thinks it's ridiculous that the Warriors are RETIRING Durant's jersey?
I find it a little melodramatic. There is no question that his brief tenure with the Warriors delivered them back-to-back titles in 2017 and 2018. But they had also won a title without him in 2015, and made it to the Finals without him in 2016. He joined a championship-caliber team, and as great as he was in a Warriors uni, the team was never truly molded in his image. Curry's and Thompson's jerseys will no doubt be hanging from the rafters upon their retirement (and Draymond Green's, as well, I'd guess), and it feels odd to me, maybe even a bit disrespectful towards Curry/Thompson/Green, to start talking about the sanctity of Durant's jersey number as he's kicking dust into your face upon exit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that Durant has left for the Eastern Conference, and that the Warriors will continue to be vulnerable through at least next season. But it's pretty clear to me that Durant never saw his time in Golden State as a long-term dynastic commitment. He used them to get the title monkey off his back, and they used him to guarantee the hoisting of the Larry O'Brien trophy a couple more times. That relationship doesn't strike me as worthy of the gesture of a jersey retirement. But that's just me. Perhaps Warriors fans feel differently.

It wasn't a total retirement of the number so much as an "As long as I'm chairman nobody else will wear this number". But I agree not only melodramatic but also rude to the people that were there before KD and won a title without him and are sticking around after him.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Lol, the Suns just dumped Josh Jackson to the Grizzlies for Korver (who they’ll buy out) DeAndre Melton and a couple of 2nds.

Lol, the Suns just dumped Josh Jackson to the Grizzlies for Korver (who they’ll buy out) DeAndre Melton and a couple of 2nds.
They did that to acquire Korver who they could buy out to sent him to the Lakers.

James Jones' sole purpose in the league is to help Lebron. The guy actually has the GM of another team essentially working for him.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I got the trade wrong. It’s Jackson and Melton for Korver, Jevon Carter, and the seconds.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So for those keeping score, that's three guys picked ahead of Fox that their team 100% gave up on if they aren't certified busts and the fourth was the centerpiece of a failed bid for AD.
Hard to say the Lakers 100% gave up on Lonzo. More like two guys that the team 100% gave up on, one who was a centerpiece of a failed bid for AD, and one who was a major piece of a successful bid for AD.

I don't think that being a major piece of a trade attempt for one of the best players in the league is really a knock on a guy. Tatum is a very good player, and Lonzo needs to fix his shot (not quite sure how his FT% has dropped almost 300 points from college, as it's the same line) but may well look better out of the shadow of LeBron as his game depends on having the ball in his hands.

Hard to say the Lakers 100% gave up on Lonzo. More like two guys that the team 100% gave up on, one who was a centerpiece of a failed bid for AD, and one who was a major piece of a successful bid for AD.

I don't think that being a major piece of a trade attempt for one of the best players in the league is really a knock on a guy. Tatum is a very good player, and Lonzo needs to fix his shot (not quite sure how his FT% has dropped almost 300 points from college, as it's the same line) but may well look better out of the shadow of LeBron as his game depends on having the ball in his hands.
I'm not knocking Tatum. But noteworthy despite his success he's not looked at as the cornerstone for his franchise.

I think there is some chance Ball can rebound in NO, but I certainly think the Lakers did 100% write him off, certainly the part under LeBron's influence. And my guess is that the Lakers insisted on shipping him and his guaranteed money more than NO insisted he be included.

Status
Not open for further replies.