[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, the most amazing thing about Magic's tenure as Lakers GM has been his amazing ability to strike out on signing literally anybody that isn't on his last legs in the league or the best player in the league looking to tap into the LA media market.

And tampering, so much tampering.
With Markieff signing with OKC, I'm almost certain the Lakers are gonna get desperate and pick up a super washed up Carmelo.

They are in a bad, bad spot.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Watching DeRozan's reaction to Toronto's video tribute was touching. It also goes to show why I will never be a "team first" fan, ever again in life. For all the lip service about how fans want the guys who play for them to show "loyalty," to be role models on and off the court, and to be this, that and a third, and everything else... DeRozan was all of those things for Toronto, and Toronto still traded him.

And I'm not even saying that Toronto made the wrong decision. The Raptors did what was best for the Raptors. What I'm saying is that DeMar DeRozan was everything for Toronto that fans say they want, and everything that organizations say that they want, and the only thing he did "wrong" was not be Kawhi Leonard.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Watching DeRozan's reaction to Toronto's video tribute was touching. It also goes to show why I will never be a "team first" fan, ever again in life. For all the lip service about how fans want the guys who play for them to show "loyalty," to be role models on and off the court, and to be this, that and a third, and everything else... DeRozan was all of those things for Toronto, and Toronto still traded him.

And I'm not even saying that Toronto made the wrong decision. The Raptors did what was best for the Raptors. What I'm saying is that DeMar DeRozan was everything for Toronto that fans say they want, and everything that organizations say that they want, and the only thing he did "wrong" was not be Kawhi Leonard.
someone once said..."it's business, not personal"

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
That was my point, though: fans continue to expect loyalty from players, but are happy to look the other way when the team they root for doesn't show loyalty to the players, as long as it benefits their team. I, personally, am sick of the one-way loyalty.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That was my point, though: fans continue to expect loyalty from players, but are happy to look the other way when the team they root for doesn't show loyalty to the players, as long as it benefits their team. I, personally, am sick of the one-way loyalty.
I wasn't "happy to look the other way" when Webb was traded, just like I was far from "happy" when Cousins was moved, even though I knew it was inevitable. After the fact, however, life goes on. I have too many ties to the Sacramento Kings to sever them over a player trade, although Kingsgurl, KG4 and I did discuss moving to Philadelphia in our moments of heartbreak and loss.

I remained a Webber fan until he retired (although I do not really consider myself a fan of his now) and I'll always have a place in my heart for Cousins. Players are transitory, however. At the most, they're generally around for 10-12 years before they retire. I don't have a lot of player faves who aren't Kings for the simple reason I don't watch other teams that much.

There are:
1. Fans of the game who may or may not have favorite teams
2. Fans of teams who may or may not have favorite players
3. Fans of players who may or may not have favorite teams

I have loved the game for over 50 years. I have loved the Kings since 1985. I have loved probably a dozen players in that time, primarily Kings. I cannot imagine not having a "home team" to root for but my whole life has been spent living within less than 100 miles of Sacramento. I don't know what would have happened had I traveled the world as you have done.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
how many fans expect player loyalty now a days though? only the ones who refuse or aren't ready to take the homer glasses off
In all honesty, Sacramento Kings fans have been pretty lucky in that regard. Most of our most beloved players have wanted to stay here. I cannot think of any off the top of my head who left for greener pastures by their own choice.

EDIT: I just remembered the worst player decision ever made: Bonzi Wells. ;)

Last edited:
The shocking part is he legitimately just got robbed of the ball. It wasn't an intercepted pass or a strip while driving.

He was simply dribbling up the court and got mugged at the logo by Danny Green and Kawhi lol.

They were up 1 with 21 sec left on the clock and 20 sec left on the shotclock so Toronto was in an awkward spot and would have had to foul. He just needed to hold on. Especially brutal for him considering it was his first game back in the city he loved.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
no Harden, no problem. seems Houston is the one team in the league that gives the Dubs trouble, hopefully they meet in the Playoffs once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.