[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (FEB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that part of the reason Brook Lopez has such poor rebounding numbers despite being 7' is because he is fantastic at boxing out and letting the other faster players grab the ball to push it up court quickly.

I doubt that's the reason for Adams' lack of rebounding tonight. He's always been a putback machine.

This was an interesting stat line. Makes you wonder if good rebounding guards and small forwards will be more valuable than good rebounding bigs soon. (I have to imagine some of these were long boards off threes)

View attachment 8910
That's actually an interesting point. Makes sense. With the league shifting to more and more 3pt shots, longer rebounds, etc...

I don't know, should I consider lightening up on Willie then?

That's actually an interesting point. Makes sense. With the league shifting to more and more 3pt shots, longer rebounds, etc...

I don't know, should I consider lightening up on Willie then?
No because with Willie he gets opportunities but he sometimes just doesn't pull them down. He tends to have hands of stone even when a rebound practically falls into his lap. Someone mentioned in the game thread that he never has problems catching lobs, but for some reason struggles securing rebounds. I think it's a mental focus issue with him.

With that said his overall rebounding numbers have been a lot better recently, and when the games have been on the line I've seen him pull down boards with authority.

Anyone notice how competitive the Magic have been? They've defeated some big time teams too. Their roster doesn't look spectacular but they're winning games.

And they picked up Fultz at the deadline. Maybe he can be what everyone thought he could be with the change of scenery ala DeAngelo Russell.

They'll be an interesting team to watch.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I was listening to the Mavs broadcast in their game versus the Heat and it's disgusting how infatuated they get with Luka's stats and how they keep tallying his assists so he can get a triple double or double double. Reminds me of Grant & Jerry when Reke was chasing 20 5 5....had to mute the TV then and now

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I was listening to the Mavs broadcast in their game versus the Heat and it's disgusting how infatuated they get with Luka's stats and how they keep tallying his assists so he can get a triple double or double double. Reminds me of Grant & Jerry when Reke was chasing 20 5 5....had to mute the TV then and now
Yeah. Only caught parts of the game tonight because I'm watching the Kings game but he was grossly inefficient with his possessions tonight.

Hawks just had one of the worst quarters of basketball I've ever seen.

They scored 13 points, went 6/29 (20%) from the floor overall and didn't hit a single three despite shooting 9 of them.

Their starters are 1-16.

Oh, and it's against the Knicks

EDIT: Well the Knicks being the Knicks, they gave up 38 points in Q2 and blew their lead.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Really, the most amazing thing about Magic's tenure as Lakers GM has been his amazing ability to strike out on signing literally anybody that isn't on his last legs in the league or the best player in the league looking to tap into the LA media market.

And tampering, so much tampering.

Status
Not open for further replies.