[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (DEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Joe Mazzulla the favorite to win coach of the year? He took over a team that made the NBA finals last year, brought back the whole team and added the front runner for 6th man of the year. This team could win with Kyrie at the helm. Just because you look like George Hill doesn’t mean you win the Award.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Honestly pretty shocking in 2022 almost 2023 but I guess part of two-americas because any GM and owner of a west coast team would be run out of town for this. Hard to imagine it flying in Boston or NY either.

Honestly pretty shocking in 2022 almost 2023 but I guess part of two-americas because any GM and owner of a west coast team would be run out of town for this. Hard to imagine it flying in Boston or NY either.
Two-Americas? How about simply double standards. Talent like winning covers a multitude of sins. NBA headquarters is located in New York and appearantly they are okay with it.

But then again, only his team (that we know of) came after him. Good possibly that was only because he was already theirs and didn't want to lose an asset.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Two-Americas? How about simply double standards. Talent like winning covers a multitude of sins. NBA headquarters is located in New York and appearantly they are okay with it.

But then again, only his team (that we know of) came after him. Good possibly that was only because he was already theirs and didn't want to lose an asset.
I think the NBA might run afoul of the players union if they tried to outright ban him but I know in certain markets this would never fly. Maybe the fans in Charlotte will put a stop to it. Prove me wrong.

I think the NBA might run afoul of the players union if they tried to outright ban him but I know in certain markets this would never fly. Maybe the fans in Charlotte will put a stop to it. Prove me wrong.
I can't. Because they won't. But I am also not certain of the opposite either. Devil is in the details. It will be interesting how they spin the tale on this.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This particular team’s owner having his name on the MVP trophy might have something to do with it too

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I can't. Because they won't. But I am also not certain of the opposite either. Devil is in the details. It will be interesting how they spin the tale on this.
I’m asking the people of Charlott not you. I’d like to believe this would never happen in Sac or Portland.

I’m asking the people of Charlott not you. I’d like to believe this would never happen in Sac or Portland.
Okay. I totally took your two-americas comment completely wrong. I haven't lived in Sacramento County for over a quarter century. I would hope that Sacramento wouldn't do it but I definitely could see either of the LA teams doing so along with New Jersey. I would have put Charlotte in the same category of Sacramento where perception would be or should be important. But if the team wins, does it count (being sarcastic)?

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I know it isn't as recent, but the Kings do have Terence Davis on their team...
I don't know the full TD story, were the original reports as horrifying and damning as what came out with Turner Bridges? I'm personally not all or nothing on the matter, Turner's specific case seemed to go beyond.

Last edited:
I don't know the full TD story, were the original reports as horrifying and damning as what came out with Turner? I'm personally not all or nothing on the matter, Turner's specific case seemed to go beyond.
You mean Miles Bridges, right? I honestly have no idea how to compare severities but this is what one article describes: "... 23-year-old Davis was arrested after officials say he repeatedly punched his ex-GF in the face during an argument at the Beekman Tower hotel in NY." And her son was next to her at the time.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
You mean Miles Bridges, right? I honestly have no idea how to compare severities but this is what one article describes: "... 23-year-old Davis was arrested after officials say he repeatedly punched his ex-GF in the face during an argument at the Beekman Tower hotel in NY." And her son was next to her at the time.
oh lord yes. Sorry Mr. Turner!

I'm honestly only vaguely familiar with TD's incident, it does appear that while most charges were dropped (I assume the latter two eventually just faded away because he didn't offend again) he has taken some accountability for his actions. If it happened with the Kings I would demand his release and be quite upset if he continued to play while charges were still open.

I wonder how the Miles Bridges situation will affect Pj Washington? I assumed Bridges would be out of the league but it appears he will sign a deal (much smaller than expected). Potentially that could leave more money to match on Pj since they will need a long term wing to replace Gordon when his contract is up

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I wonder how the Miles Bridges situation will affect Pj Washington? I assumed Bridges would be out of the league but it appears he will sign a deal (much smaller than expected). Potentially that could leave more money to match on Pj since they will need a long term wing to replace Gordon when his contract is up
Hornets can't pay everyone and I wonder if Oubre would be a attainable target. He's having a career high in PPG and even when he hasn't torched the Kings, he's had some good games

Hornets can't pay everyone and I wonder if Oubre would be a attainable target. He's having a career high in PPG and even when he hasn't torched the Kings, he's had some good games
he has been good I just don’t know if I trust his play long term. I assume he won’t be back in Charlotte so who knows where he could end up

Status
Not open for further replies.