[NBA] Comments that don't warrant a thread (DEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there only one game tonight?
This actually is not a rare occurrence in the NBA, but one that I, too, have never been able to figure out with 100% certainty. My only guess is that there must have been some random scheduling issue in Detroit that resulted in the game being scheduled today. I wonder if they block off certain days and only keep those available for "last minute" additions if a game can't be squeezed in on another day when there are other games that are being played. And this was just one of those days, and this game was just one of those games.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I'd imagine it's the opposite, where barring a holiday or like this year no game on election day, they'd always want to have at least one game every day.

But I have no clue.

Bags playing decently lately. Slashing 56 38 86 (rounded up) for the season.

his last 5 games are developing a pattern
19 points
13 points
19 points
13 points
19 points

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Hawks decided that their team was going to be built around a core of Trae Young, John Collins and DeAndre Hunter. Tonight they played without all three, but still beat Denver.

Lakers are 7-2 and one of those losses was a buzzer beater. Not the best opponents but looks like they have turned it around. If they stay healthy they are a threat.

Nets look like they are on the move too.

Lakers are 7-2 and one of those losses was a buzzer beater. Not the best opponents but looks like they have turned it around. If they stay healthy they are a threat.

Nets look like they are on the move too.
Yeah, I was noticing this yesterday as well. The key for the Lakers is AD. When he’s healthy and engaged they can be good. But we all know sooner or later “street clothes” will come back.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
And they say "oh it's lucky the Kings didn't draft Luka and ruin his career"...
(Warning: language)
One of my draft Luka nightmares is that it saves Vlade's job but we somehow still wind up with coach Walton.

That feels even worse than just him busting here and being treated like Boogie was because of his hot headedness.

Obviously there's no scenario where we are better off not drafting him but I really do like where we are now. And I have strong doubts that Luka wins a chip in Dallas, he will leave and win within 2-3 seasons though. I feel good about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.