More to come?

WCS is extremely mobile for a C, and like Tyson Chandler and Chris Paul in NOLA, can play the pick and roll very well. HIs problem is he doesn't rebound, and we NEED possessions in the playoffs. Kanter can do that, but isn't as mobile as WCS. Deandre Jordan is locker room cancer. I don't want him anywhere near a rebuilding team trying to create a good locker room environment. Both Gasols might be an option, as they are being shopped.

Another dark horse is going after Julius Randle. He's no C, but a rotation of Randle, MB3, Giles, and Belli could be crazy with this space and pace offense. He's averaging over 11 boards a game per 36 with the Pelicans, and has a 16.6 rebounding %, which would eclipse WCS who plays center. He's also very athletic and being shopped by NOLA.

How about kk , wcs 13.4 m for Vucevic a 2 2nd rd pics?
Willie keeps them going until Bamba ready
Vucevic is an all-star this year, so it would take at least Bogdan along with WCS. Nothing less imo. It's also being floated out there that Orlando would like to retain him, but who knows with that franchise...

Agree. Willie has said on numerous occasions that his teammates are his dogs and he's never played on a team with everyone pulling for each other. He said he was bummed to lose shump and JJ. He was being honest. He is loyal to his teammates. How is that a bad thing?

From everything said about Burks and Barnes, he will like playing with them.
Agree. As per usual the human element gets swept under the rug. Could he have been more diplomatic, i.e. a canned answer? Yep. I prefer honesty and no one can say Willie is one to bite his tongue.

I am sure he along with the rest of the club will embrace Barnes and Burks, but it still doesn't change the fact he along with all the other players were probably felling pretty raw emotionally after the beatdown + losing brothers in Justin,Shumpert and Zach to other teams.

I think Willie will be checking his phone and the net every few minutes till noon Sacramento time. Wake up WCS and smell the roses and if you really want to get paid you better buckle down put some serious effort in if you are still here this time tomorrow.

So if we did KK and Ben for Enes - then what?

A. We have an Enes v Willie competition for minutes down the stretch. Depending on Willie offers we can match or make offer to Enes?
If Enes wins , playoffs, he wants to stay, we have cap to sign
If Willie wakes up, puts in the work, make qual offer, wait to see offers, hope Enes still there
B. Enes ends up taking Giles min - hmm would hate that
c. let coach work it out - we would have serious big man depth for playoff push

If Willie, Kosta's expiring, and several of our dozen second round picks is all it takes to get Vuc, I'll fly back to Sac from Japan just to drive Willie and Kosta to the airport myself.
I have a Chevy Traverse, we can cram both those behemoths in there buddy. Dutch Bros on me too!

for those who didn't watch the postgame, what was said by Willie?
I’m paraphrasing but he said it was trash that when he showed up to work yesterday and people that he sweat and bled with were shipped out of town.

It was more how how said it, and the timing. Just not a savvy veteran move when talking to the media. Could definitely be a problem down the line.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I’m paraphrasing but he said it was trash that when he showed up to work yesterday and people that he sweat and bled with were shipped out of town.

It was more how how said it, and the timing. Just not a savvy veteran move when talking to the media. Could definitely be a problem down the line.
He's upset and understandably so. With that said, I don't think the Kings view him as part of the core moving forward anyway so it's just a matter of time before his locker is empty too.

He's upset and understandably so. With that said, I don't think the Kings view him as part of the core moving forward anyway so it's just a matter of time before his locker is empty too.
Everyone is upset, as coach said in the post game presser “we are human beings at the end of the day”

I just wish I saw more resolve and fire like I saw in Harry and Buddy’s eyes. There were tears, but an unyielding desire to help.

He also said shump and JJ were the first players you would hear in the locker room. They were the energy guys and that energy is gone.

People need to understand that Willie follows social media and sees his name out there. The trade deadline still had a half a day to go, so he may be feeling a lot of feels about his own situation that shaped that quote.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Everyone is upset, as coach said in the post game presser “we are human beings at the end of the day”

I just wish I saw more resolve and fire like I saw in Harry and Buddy’s eyes. There were tears, but an unyielding desire to help.
and to quote " this too shall pass "

Vucevic is an all-star this year, so it would take at least Bogdan along with WCS. Nothing less imo. It's also being floated out there that Orlando would like to retain him, but who knows with that franchise...
He's also an unrestricted free agent this summer. Their not getting a starter level player back.