Minority Owners Meddling again

Np at all. Hopefully I did not come off like some know it all trying to correct you :). Just made me think of Perry and what a great FO guy he is/was
No not a problem. I looked up his Bio and it said started in 2017 but should have looked further that it said July 1, 2017. He may still have had some input via the interview process we don’t know but the start date was clearly right after the draft.

Unfortunately, the contract extensions for the assistants came from the office of Brandon Williams, which butthurted the coaches apparently.
This is why I think Brandon Williams still has a job.

Vlade's weak point is his command of getting the fine print done on deals. Vlade has the vision, but he doesn't know the nuances of how the legal lingo works and the fine print. This is where Williams value probably comes. He knows the league and the fine print needed to close a deal.

Although I'm sure a lot of people want Williams fired, until Vlade can find a viable candidate to replace Williams and gets these deals finalized, I think Vlade has no choice but to keep Williams.

This is why I think Brandon Williams still has a job.

Vlade's weak point is his command of getting the fine print done on deals. Vlade has the vision, but he doesn't know the nuances of how the legal lingo works and the fine print. This is where Williams value probably comes. He knows the league and the fine print needed to close a deal.

Although I'm sure a lot of people want Williams fired, until Vlade can find a viable candidate to replace Williams and gets these deals finalized, I think Vlade has no choice but to keep Williams.
Sorry, disagree. He has Cantenella and MK is an attorney, it's how she got originally connected to the Kings. I think he doesn't want to make an in season play. I think FO changes will happen during the off season.

Sorry, disagree. He has Cantenella and MK is an attorney, it's how she got originally connected to the Kings. I think he doesn't want to make an in season play. I think FO changes will happen during the off season.
He did take his sweet time firing George Karl - let him be a dead man walking for what, half a season? Maybe this is like that.

Then why have Brandon Williams finish off the assistant coaches contract extensions? Doesn't make sense. :rolleyes:

I do agree that Williams will leave this summer though.

Your misunderstanding. Vlade made the decision to extend the coaches. He gave williams the task because it's part of his job duties.
Yes, I understand Vlade made the decision to extend the coaches.

I don't understand why he would have Williams finish off the contracts. That would seem like an oversight on Vlade's part to have public enemy #1 (Williams) present the Coaches with their contract paperwork.

Maybe Vlade was trying to help mend fences by having Williams be the bearer of good news to the coaches? I don't know, but the coaches sure didn't seem to like it.

Either way, I can see Williams leaving on his own accord this summer. There is too much heat for him and I'm sure there are a lot of teams that would offer him a comparable job.

Yes, I understand Vlade made the decision to extend the coaches.

I don't understand why he would have Williams finish off the contracts. That would seem like an oversight on Vlade's part to have public enemy #1 (Williams) present the Coaches with their contract paperwork.

Maybe Vlade was trying to help mend fences by having Williams be the bearer of good news to the coaches? I don't know, but the coaches sure didn't seem to like it.

Either way, I can see Williams leaving on his own accord this summer. There is too much heat for him and I'm sure there are a lot of teams that would offer him a comparable job.

As stated above, Cantenella or any number of folks could underwrite the contracts. Hell, I could do so--after reading up the parameters. It's not rocket science.

I think the situation is a bit more complicated than most assume. BW couldn't stay in his lane, but I've seen some footage of BW and Peja celebrating a close Kings victory together.

As stated above, Cantenella or any number of folks could underwrite the contracts. Hell, I could do so--after reading up the parameters. It's not rocket science.

I think the situation is a bit more complicated than most assume. BW couldn't stay in his lane, but I've seen some footage of BW and Peja celebrating a close Kings victory together.
Link?