Minority Owners Meddling again

I downloaded the app to my phone and I can read 4 articles per month (on my phone, not my laptop) for free.

Some decent snippets like Brandon has been conveniently "traveling" since Joerger kicked him out of practice.

Unfortunately, the contract extensions for the assistants came from the office of Brandon Williams, which butthurted the coaches apparently.

Vlade told them all to knock it off - conference call with 13 member board, including Vivek.

I downloaded the app to my phone and I can read 4 articles per month (on my phone, not my laptop) for free.

Some decent snippets like Brandon has been conveniently "traveling" since Joerger kicked him out of practice.

Unfortunately, the contract extensions for the assistants came from the office of Brandon Williams, which butthurted the coaches apparently.

Vlade told them all to knock it off - conference call with 13 member board, including Vivek.
Really starting to not like this Brandon guy at all. Is it sedition or selfishness or some combo of both? Why in the world would you go behind your bosses (aka teammate) back like that? Because you're trying to sow division between coaching staff and Vlade? So that you can weaken Vlade and push your own agenda among the coaches? Is Brandon catering to some of these minority owners and/or some agents in a quid pro quo?

And finally, who is the jackass leaking this conference call to the press?

Really starting to not like this Brandon guy at all. Is it sedition or selfishness or some combo of both? Why in the world would you go behind your bosses (aka teammate) back like that? Because you're trying to sow division between coaching staff and Vlade? So that you can weaken Vlade and push your own agenda among the coaches? Is Brandon catering to some of these minority owners and/or some agents in a quid pro quo?

And finally, who is the jackass leaking this conference call to the press?
One of the meddling minority owners, probably.

Downloaded the app and read it.

So the assistant coaches are unhappy that Vlade sent the paperwork via Williams because of the issue with Joerger earlier this year. They don't want anything to do with him either. Who does like Brian Williams at this point?

Downloaded the app and read it.

So the assistant coaches are unhappy that Vlade sent the paperwork via Williams because of the issue with Joerger earlier this year. They don't want anything to do with him either. Who does like Brian Williams at this point?
Ah.... well that is different that Williams running it himself. I'm glad to hear the coaches are sick of the dude as well. Great to hear actually. Ship him out, we'll have the support of the coaches which is huge.

Totally making this up, but I bet one of the minority owners is low key in cahoots with Williams for god knows what reason. Factions happen for all kinds of reasons. But let's hope the FO can triangulate who it is and they can at least become an outcast.

I know vlade gets crap for being inexperienced or making bad moves/trades, but I see so many things that make me believe he is good for the team. Pumping his fists watching games, joking around with the players or media, little stuff like that makes me believe he isn't in it for money, prestige, or another title on his resume. He really is in this for unfinished business. It's easy to second guess everything he does, but know he wants to get this championship as much as any of us, if not more. The results at first seem lower than expected but they are coming into fruition as we give it time.

If and when Vivek and/or Mastrov (assuming he's not the problem) can afford to, they need to start buying out some of these 'minority' owners.
The if and when would be a problem. Vivek was never a whale just a big fish. He is the "controlling" interest without majority ownership. Some time down the road that fact may rear it's ugly head but that is yet or may never be.

A few relevant thoughts:

Think Mastrov was rumored to be trying to selling his share.
Think Vivek owns like 17% (had 30% earlier, Amick article a year or so ago says 17%).

Not worried so much about this. Kings win and everyone is jumping in line to take credit. This seems to be the case here.

Last edited:
I dont think this is a huge deal for Vlade. He'd like it to stop occuring hence he conference call but for him its low key behind the scenes political rubbish.

His primary concern, our team, is humming and he'll either let the other stuff sort itself out or do something about it in the summer with Vivek's approval.

End of the day theres not much you can do about minority owners unless you want to get really granular and involve lawyers and the courts

Not necessarily. My guess would be Matina is the one supporting Williams.
I would tell you your guess is likely wrong....

In Vlade’s initial drafts with Mike Bratz in charge the Kings drafted WCS, Pappa G, Malachai, and Skal.

Williams came on board and the Kings drafted Fox, Justin, Giles, and Bagley. A top talent evaluator is much harder to find than a coach. I would be shocked and disappointed if Williams is going anywhere. Joeger may not like Williams pushing him to play Giles but too bad, Williams is his boss.

In Vlade’s initial drafts with Mike Bratz in charge the Kings drafted WCS, Pappa G, Malachai, and Skal.

Williams came on board and the Kings drafted Fox, Justin, Giles, and Bagley. A top talent evaluator is much harder to find than a coach. I would be shocked and disappointed if Williams is going anywhere. Joeger may not like Williams pushing him to play Giles but too bad, Williams is his boss.
Williams was brought on after the 2017 draft when he replaced Perry.
I think Bagley was he and Vlades guy though.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Nothing you have said precludes my "guess" from being on point.