Miami vs. Detroit - Conf. Finals

Shaq can barely make it through the first half of games when looking at his stats in 2nd halfs compared to the 1st. Plus he has his thigh bruise which they say is gone but I doubt it.

Now Wade is injured and from what Ive been hearing on the radio all day is that it takes a long time to heal and limits movement and flexibility and for Wade that hurts because he is so athletic.

Rick Mahorn just said that Prince, Sheed and McDyess are 5-18 from the floor. That's not going to get it done for the Pistons in this game, even though the Pistons have a 24-20 lead right now in the second quarter.

I hate to say this...

but if Wade is injured, with Shaq looking as bad as he has, I really, really want to the Pistons to win these last two games so that they will face the Spurs in the finals. A diminished Heat team will get swept by the Spurs (and I'd like to at least have 5 or 6 more games of competitive basketball to finish the season).

Pistons playing some of the best defense of the year right now. Frustrating shaq. Miami shooting better than Detroit but Detroit has shot more and made more shots.

Another thing is Miami has 10 TO's compared to Detroits 2. 7 Points game with 4:11 to go in the 2nd.

Pistons are struggling to shoot 38% in this first half. If Wade were around for this game, it would probably be at least a 10 point lead for the Heat right now. Instead, the Pistons are up 8 with 30 seconds left in the first half (41-32, Pistons). Ugly.

Pack your bags... were going back to Miami for game 7.

Miami outscored 9-2 so far in the 3rd. 53-34 Detroit leading. I dont know if Miami can come back from this deficit without Wade.

Pistons now outscoring the Heat 14-6 in the 3rd (58-38), and there has been a Steve Smith sighting for the Heat (that seems like a bit of a white towel move, but if he can make a couple shots from deep, could make this game a little bit more interesting).

All they are talking about on the radio is when does Van Gundy call it quits and rest Shaq for game 7. The other question is whether or not Wade will be healthy enough to play the next game.

Pistons up 22, and the Heat are going to flirt with the lowest scoring game in playoff history (shot clock era, of course) if they aren't careful. I think they need about 12 more points to eclipse the 56 scored by Utah on year against the Bulls in the Finals.

Two questions at this point:

1) Why has Arroyo not played yet for the Pistons? Did he somehow get in Brown's doghouse with his performance previously in this series?

2) At what point does Darko come into the game?

4cwebb said:
Pistons up 22, and the Heat are going to flirt with the lowest scoring game in playoff history (shot clock era, of course) if they aren't careful. I think they need about 12 more points to eclipse the 56 scored by Utah on year against the Bulls in the Finals.
Someone needs to tell the Detroit players and maybe they will play extra hard defense.

4cwebb said:
Two questions at this point:

1) Why has Arroyo not played yet for the Pistons? Did he somehow get in Brown's doghouse with his performance previously in this series?

2) At what point does Darko come into the game?
Arroyo hasnt been playing much this postseason anyways I dont think and Darko only comes out at home I think.

Pistons now up 26 (73-47). Should be a bench clearing in about 5 minutes of game time (so there would be about 5 minutes left in the game), I think. Welcome to the 2005 playoffs, Darko.

Well who takes game 7. Unfortunately, the heat will win. It will be exactly like game 5. Everything will go Miami's way and the Pistons will the turn the ball over like no tomorrow. And we all know Wade will play.

Wade WILL play no matter what but he wont be the same. This injury takes a couple weeks if not months to heal fully and it limits your mobility a lot. I think Detroit wins.

They were making an interesting point on the radio this morning. When the Heat win Shaq says "Im the King Bee" but when they lose its "Everyone didnt come to play" and what they were saying is "Arent you the King Bee either way?...Coming from the most dominant player in NBA history you should always be the 'King Bee' and put the team on your back"

Just thought it was interesting and same with Rasheed... after this game he says it was a fairly reffed game. That coming from the man who just blew out the Heat.

Last edited:
Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
They were making an interesting point on the radio this morning. When the Heat win Shaq says "Im the King Bee" but when they lose its "Everyone didnt come to play" and what they were saying is "Arent you the King Bee either way?...Coming from the most dominant player in NBA history you should always be the 'King Bee' and put the team on your back"

Just thought it was interesting and same with Rasheed... after this game he says it was a fairly reffed game. That coming from the man who just blew out the Heat.
Shaq has been doing that for years!!! The last 2 seasons with the Lakers, it as eveyone else's fault that they didn't win. Ben Wallace outplayed Shaq in the finals last year..just as he's doing now. The Pistons played Shaq 1-on-1 last year and doubled or tripled Kobe...same as they're doing with Wade this year.