Miami vs. Detroit - Conf. Finals

game 7 will be intresting. i'd rather see detroit win since i like them better. plus their O is so inconsistant, it would be easier for the spurs to beat them.

Detroit up by 5 at the half, that was a great shot by Eddie Jones. Should be very competitive second half. I'll try to catch the end on the radio.

I'd like to see Detroit hang on to win this game, mainly b/c I think they can give the Spurs a better run in the Finals than the Heat with a hampered DWade can. Probably means that the Heat starting heating up from 3 in the second half and win the game, but so be it.

Heat 8 of 11 from the field to this point in the 3rd, now only down 2. DWade 4 for 4 from the floor, 2 for 2 from the line to this point.

Wade hits his next shot (over 'Sheed) to tie the game at 60. Offensive foul on Prince on the next possession. Heat are playing quite well at this point. Anyone's game from here on out.

Tonight the Pistons showed why they are the defending NBA champs. I thought they would lose this series and that they were not good enough to get back to the Finals this year, obviously I was wrong. The Pistons have won me over, it's going to be a good matchup in the Finals. Props to Detroit, even though it isn't pretty they really play team basketball... and that's what it's all about.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Detroit 88-82

And sorry, SLAB - but I think the finals are gonna be good.

and I'm really gonna enjoy NOT seeing the heat there.

:D

SLAB, I'd much rather see two teams play in the finals than one team vs. King Kong, sorry. I think this might be one of the most entertaining finals in a looong time.

I'm sooooo happy the Pistons won. I'm really happy for them and once again they deserved it!!!

GO PISTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOT WOOOT DETROIT WINS BABY!!! haha

The Palace was ROCKIN'!!!

Im glad Heat arent in it because I want to see a healthy team challenge the spurs and not a hurt team that would get destroyed by the spurs. GO DETROIT!

4cwebb said:
DWade went 0'fer in the 4th after tearing it up in the 3rd. Gotta wonder whether his injury caught up with him.
They were saying he hurt his calf late in the game too. I wonder what the outcome would have been had he been healthy.

SLAB said:
Everyone ready for one of the most boring Final's ever???

73 to 68 here we come!!!

/sarcasm
Agree, for me tonight the season is definitely over.....it's going to be ugly final's, grab/hold/flop and half-court wrestling.....no wade, no excitement.....

I'm not sure if it's true but I thought I heard before the game that the Spurs have won the last 10 out of 12 games against the Pistons, can anyone else confirm that?

As much as I like Wade and his game, I could not stand watching Shaq (or any other dirty Laker or ex Laker) in another finals. If you don't want to watch the finals, you don't have to, but I have a feeling the best basketball is still ahead of us.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
sloter said:
As much as I like Wade and his game, I could not stand watching Shaq (or any other dirty Laker or ex Laker) in another finals. If you don't want to watch the finals, you don't have to, but I have a feeling the best basketball is still ahead of us.
For me there is two reasons for my dissapointment.

1--- I really don't like a slow, defensive slugfest. I like fast-paced offence.
2--- I have an extreme bias against the Spurs...I can't stand the players at all, nor do I like their style of play.

One good thing, a healthy Detroit definatly has an easier chance of beating the Spurs, though.

LMAO, reading the lakersboards right now is a good source of entertainment. It seem to me like the laker fans are suffering from a phenomenon known as the inferiority complex. Let me elaborate. The laker fans are jumping with joy, saying "guess what fatso, no ring hahaha" and such. Guess what ignorant Laker fans, shaq still got the better of it. He went all the way to the ECF...and almost to the NBA finals. On the other hand...your team failed to even make the playoffs. The laker fans are a bunch of hypocrites.....last year they were calling Detroit, stern's team and saying they got robbed. Well, I never knew a year could make such a difference. This year they are...rooting for the pistons. Talk about a bunch of sorry hypocrites.

/rant