Miami vs. Detroit - Conf. Finals

I didn't like defensive slugfests for a long time either as those games are not really pretty to watch, but it's some quality basketball and it can definitely be fun in its own way.
You don't like Ginobili ?

sloter said:
Haha, yeah he's a bastard for what he did to us in the Olympics ... but I still really like his game.
I love his game. He is a very talented player who has a lot of heart but he needs to cut the hair and have horrible games vs the Pistons and Kings.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
You don't like Ginobili ?
Not at all.

He's probably the only Spur out of the bunch that I'd even consider having fun watching, but something about him rubs me the wrong way. It's probably the fact he's a Spur, and I'm blinded to his actuall abilities.

As I said earlier, all the Tim Duncan-era Spurs, I hate. Just because.

(Although with most I have reasons.)

BullKing said:
LMAO, reading the lakersboards right now is a good source of entertainment. It seem to me like the laker fans are suffering from a phenomenon known as the inferiority complex. Let me elaborate. The laker fans are jumping with joy, saying "guess what fatso, no ring hahaha" and such. Guess what ignorant Laker fans, shaq still got the better of it. He went all the way to the ECF...and almost to the NBA finals. On the other hand...your team failed to even make the playoffs. The laker fans are a bunch of hypocrites.....last year they were calling Detroit, stern's team and saying they got robbed. Well, I never knew a year could make such a difference. This year they are...rooting for the pistons. Talk about a bunch of sorry hypocrites.

/rant
Inferiority complex?? You don't seem to know what that means..and as a Kings fan, I thought you would. Laker fans such as myself were not rooting FOR the Pistons..they were rooting against Shaq. You know, how most Kings fans root against whoever is playing the Lakers??
After his "company time" comment, his swearing ("PAY ME MFer") at Dr. Buss, getting fatter and not working out during th offseason, badmouthing LA, the fans and the Laker organization (for the ENTIRE season), etc....I would have been rooting for ANY team..even the Celtics if they were playing the Heat. I have no love for the Pistons..believe me. Besides, I've said that the Spurs were winning the whole thing anyhow.
OK..so the Heat got further than the Lakers this year..good for them. They didn't win the title and neither did the Lakers, but they've got Shaq's contract to worry about, not the Lakers..for a player who is clearly on the down side of his career. The Lakers are in re-building mode with one of the best players in the league still in his prime.
No hypocrisy here...when you understand the facts.

BullKing said:
LMAO, reading the lakersboards right now is a good source of entertainment. It seem to me like the laker fans are suffering from a phenomenon known as the inferiority complex. Let me elaborate. The laker fans are jumping with joy, saying "guess what fatso, no ring hahaha" and such. Guess what ignorant Laker fans, shaq still got the better of it. He went all the way to the ECF...and almost to the NBA finals. On the other hand...your team failed to even make the playoffs. The laker fans are a bunch of hypocrites.....last year they were calling Detroit, stern's team and saying they got robbed. Well, I never knew a year could make such a difference. This year they are...rooting for the pistons. Talk about a bunch of sorry hypocrites.

/rant
LA got Shaq's best years. Neener.

YES!!!!! DEEEEEETRIOT BASKETBAAAAAAAAAL!! Edge of my seat basketball. I was so tired after watching that game. They fought hard and did what they had to do down the stretch. What a TEAM!!