Metu out with broken wrist

Hanging on the rim is considered bad form except in the case when it is to prevent a player landing directly on the other guy. Metu had no choice but to protect himself AND JV by hanging on the rim until the area under the basket is clear. If JV was concerned about being disrespected maybe don't get dunked on in the first place, but once you do, get out of the way and allow the player to get his feet down safely. JV is a punk pure and simple and should get an indefinite suspension that ends 2-3 games after Metu returns to play. Of course the league would never do this, but 5-10 games seems completely appropriate.

I just now viewed the following play where VJ dunks then hangs his leg on Joseph, this guy is messed up in his head. Something else stood out in both clips Bejelica just stands there and watches, he appears closer to patting JV on the butt rather than defending his teammates. Maybe I’m missing something but if not hopefully he’s traded soon.

Last edited:
I just the article the NBA reviewed and are still insisting no flagrant. You can beat your ass if this happened to LeBron or Steph Curry the NBA would be all over it, Suspending refs , fining JV along with a suspension maybe, admitting it was a very dangerous play !! But it wasn’t it was on the Kings... on Metu with a fractured wrist. Shame on the NBA shame on the refs.

And yet, JV ran down a few minutes later and wiped his balls across Cojos head and nothing.. that’s disrespect.

My wife and I saw the play when Metu got swung around and thrown to the ground. Man that was pretty malicious. I thought for sure it would be a flagrant foul. Maybe Jonas V. could still be fined or suspended for this play? It really shouldn’t be allowed without some punishment. If the league doesn’t start taking care of fouls/injuries like this, expect more fights like we used to see in the 80’s and 90’s.
Also JV wrapped his legs around CoJo while hanging from the rim later in the game. I would think the King’s might be lookin to play him pretty tough next time they meet. Maybe bring Calab Swanigan back. He seemed like an enforcer!

My wife and I saw the play when Metu got swung around and thrown to the ground. Man that was pretty malicious. I thought for sure it would be a flagrant foul. Maybe Jonas V. could still be fined or suspended for this play? It really shouldn’t be allowed without some punishment. If the league doesn’t start taking care of fouls/injuries like this, expect more fights like we used to see in the 80’s and 90’s.
Also JV wrapped his legs around CoJo while hanging from the rim later in the game. I would think the King’s might be lookin to play him pretty tough next time they meet. Maybe bring Calab Swanigan back. He seemed like an enforcer!
I appreciate what your saying but who on this current Kings team is going to play JV tough.
I’m old compared to many here, actually watched the game where Dale Davis hard fouled Bobby Hurley resulting in a quick reply by Michael Smith. Would love to have that type of player here again but don’t get too many now exist.