MARVIN BAGLEY III

Maybe we should start a new site called KFF.com.

Here at Kingsfans.com folks can talk about Kings basketball.

Over at Kingsfansfans.com you and any other armchair psychologists can gossip about the Kings fans that talk about Kings basketball.
If what makes a person happy is daily ragging on Vlade, Vivek, Joerger - then more power to them. It is one way to go about life.

If watching a 19yo practice and basically making a dis track to go along with it makes people happy - then more power to them. It is one way to go about life.

I believe in pursuit of happiness so... do what you wanna. But swear to God, if I felt the way about the Kings the way some of y'all do I would for sure find another line of interest to pursue - maybe a team I didn't hate, maybe another sport altogether, maybe an instrument or a book. But if people want to wallow in negativity as their "pursuit of happiness" then yay.

If what makes a person happy is daily ragging on Vlade, Vivek, Joerger - then more power to them. It is one way to go about life.

If watching a 19yo practice and basically making a dis track to go along with it makes people happy - then more power to them. It is one way to go about life.

I believe in pursuit of happiness so... do what you wanna. But swear to God, if I felt the way about the Kings the way some of y'all do I would for sure find another line of interest to pursue - maybe a team I didn't hate, maybe another sport altogether, maybe an instrument or a book. But if people want to wallow in negativity as their "pursuit of happiness" then yay.
Dude it’s a discussion board not a Kumbaya forum. Most people keep their criticisms of Basketball front office factual and about basketball. But I do remember some pretty personal attacks on Hezonja.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
This kid doesn’t stand a chance in Sacramento. Even when Luka washes out of the league in a few years, Bagley will probably never get a fair shake with this fanbase.
Never you worry. All Bagley has to do is drop 25/12 sometime in November and he'll be the league's next superstar. It's summer, and there's no evidence yet to the contrary.

You'd almost think The Boss was talking about our fanbase when he said:
You end up like a dog that's been beat too much
'Til you spend half your life just covering up

somebody should write a psychology paper about KF.com. There are so many people laying in wait to deliver the snark on our guys. In my life I have never delighted in crapping all over a franchise I'm supposedly a fan of. Even back in the day when it was the Chargers and Padres. I mean what is the point if you just hate everything about them.

would be in interesting paper.
In the last 10 years almost every person Predicting all star this, playoff that, 20/10 person has come up on the wrong side. While the "naysayers" and Debbie downers have predicted correctly the crapshoot that has been going on. You call it hating, but at this point it's accurate as hell.

I wish I could stop caring about this team. But you grow up with them and they're ingrained in life. They're family. And you don't get to choose family. You just wish your uncle would stop picking the wrong girl, stop dreamibf up get rich quick schemes, and stop thinking that they're smarter than everyone else. Get your life together uncle kings. It's pathetic to watch you unravel at the bbqs. The shaka in every reunion pic is not cool.

dude12

Hall of Famer
In the last 10 years almost every person Predicting all star this, playoff that, 20/10 person has come up on the wrong side. While the "naysayers" and Debbie downers have predicted correctly the crapshoot that has been going on. You call it hating, but at this point it's accurate as hell.

I wish I could stop caring about this team. But you grow up with them and they're ingrained in life. They're family. And you don't get to choose family. You just wish your uncle would stop picking the wrong girl, stop dreamibf up get rich quick schemes, and stop thinking that they're smarter than everyone else. Get your life together uncle kings. It's pathetic to watch you unravel at the bbqs. The shaka in every reunion pic is not cool.
I think much of the posts are in response to watching these video clips which don’t show much and making comments or insinuating Bagley belongs in China, he didn’t show much, not worthy of the 2nd overall. Its tiresome and unwarranted. The kid hasn’t even gotten into training camp. It’s kind of stupid and trolling at this point. Yeah, and there are some members who do breakdown some of the concerns about Bagley and that’s ok, but taking potshots on whomever is the flavor of the month, just seems dumb.

What you may construed as negative may be another persons realistic take on reality. We've been dealing with over a decade of bad basketball from this franchise so it's no surprise that people can't just hit the reset button on their brains over the course of an offseason and all the sudden just patiently sit and wait for the team to become good again.

You may not think so but everyone here is looking for anything they can find that will point to this team becoming good again. Hell, we're all dissecting offseason pickup basketball highlights to look for glimpses of greatness from our players. I personally thought Hield looked great in those videos and I thought Bagley didn't. That was really my only take on it. I didn't go into the video thinking negatively about Bagley before I hit play. I just watched it objectively and while watching it, I wasn't impressed with Marvin. It certainly doesn't make me think he's going to be a bust but at the same time it doesn't make me more excited to watch him going into this season the same way I felt after watching Hield play.

I believe in the pursuit of happiness as well. In reference to the franchise as a whole....I simply cannot do this like the way some of you can.

... everyone here is looking for anything they can find that will point to this team becoming good again.
I don’t agree. Some of us have lost hope but can’t leave and so spew negativity. Some others are just negative people who find it easier to cut people down. And some others are trolls.
The rest of us are, as you say, “looking for anything they can find that will point to this team becoming good again.”

we could more realistically call it KFE.com (Kings Fans Extreme) because all these opinions are all or none.

He looked good, in the first video, really good in the second. The few things I saw that I liked were

1. His handle is above average for his size.
2. His finishing is pretty darn good for a guy who really only uses 1 hand
3. His hops are out of this world
4. He will be an elite rebounder
5. Smooth shot
6. He bodied up tristan thompson really well

Things I did not like

1. Relies on finishing w/ left hand too much
2. Looks pretty intimidated on defense, that being said he was guarding Ben Simmons

Thats more positives than negatives. Not bad for a kid. He looks like he belongs with some of the best players in the world.

dude12

Hall of Famer
My take on him being one hand dominant.....yeah, it would be nice if he can start using both hands but probably more important, he’s going to have to learn to get his shot off in the paint with his left hand. That is the first key. And in the second vid, he dribbled with his right hand a few times before quickly switching back, there’s that. ;)

I have no idea what some of you are even talking about ... Defensive awareness problems? This is pick up basketball. There is no real defense being played here by anyone period. Have some of you never played pick up ball? It's purely for fun and for some to test out new moves or improve conditioning.

There were some few Marvin highlights but by and large the bigger names got the most screen time and naturally got the ball more. Guards were jacking them up and the bigs for the most part were left with clean up work or pick and roll. Not sure how you expect Marvin to get a ton of highlights doing that.

He looked alright from the few clips of him that I saw. Didn't look bad at all. Maybe over rotated too much a couple times but when James Harden, the MVP of the NBA, drives to the hoop, that's pretty much what everyone does even in the regular season. It's how Capela gets most of his points.

I'm glad he got an invite to this, that means something.

Perhaps the videos of the pick up games offer more value as entertainment than they do as some kind of analytical tool. Not saying you can't get some kind of feedback/ progress gauge from it. But chill out. Also, opinion, and the opinion of others, does not fit the definition of objective. You can be as positive or as negative as you want but really it's opinion.

tell me, what did he do in that footage that would be considered "great" considering the lack of trying and defense from all the players
He just looks his normal self out there, which is a great player...
At 6'11 his movement is great. stands out to me.. He's so light on his feet and he's just perfectly "basketball explosive"..

Look at the pick and roll he runs at about 2:30. Doesn't go in but that move shows what Marvin can do, he has elite body control, all of a sudden boom he explodes and catches a defender flat-footed.... That sort of stuff, to me, is why they say "he's quick as a cat"... Compare Ibaka's takes to the basket, it's like he's got lead shoes on in comparison.

at 4:18 he's got a mouse in the house, thats clippers rookie jerome robinson, but thats a nice move no matter how u slice it. He's nimble.

I just THOROUGHLY enjoyed watching Marvin and James Harden play together.

Also I would point out that if in fact there was a lack of defense and trying, as you say, then how did the Kings own Ben McLemore manage to get posterized?

He just looks his normal self out there, which is a great player...
At 6'11 his movement is great. stands out to me.. He's so light on his feet and he's just perfectly "basketball explosive"..

Look at the pick and roll he runs at about 2:30. Doesn't go in but that move shows what Marvin can do, he has elite body control, all of a sudden boom he explodes and catches a defender flat-footed.... That sort of stuff, to me, is why they say "he's quick as a cat"... Compare Ibaka's takes to the basket, it's like he's got lead shoes on in comparison.

at 4:18 he's got a mouse in the house, thats clippers rookie jerome robinson, but thats a nice move no matter how u slice it. He's nimble.

I just THOROUGHLY enjoyed watching Marvin and James Harden play together.

Also I would point out that if in fact there was a lack of defense and trying, as you say, then how did the Kings own Ben McLemore manage to get posterized?
That doesn't look like Ben to me - the guy in the photo looks lighter skinned and bigger.

I think that's Paul George that Bell is dunking on.

Last edited:
That doesn't look like Been to me - the guy in the photo looks lighter skinned and bigger.

I think that's Paul George that Bell is dunking on.

I think it's timestamped in the right spot. Start the video at 1:48. That's a bearded Ben McLemore in a Grey (I think Kings) shirt... Very next play is Paul George without the full beard in a black shirt.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

Well, to be honest, I don't remember anyone, at least lately, predicting that we would be in the playoffs. I know some were hopeful at the beginning of Cousins last year with the Kings, and if memory serves, we were in the hunt right up until he was traded. Again, the only player I remember be touted as an all star was Cousins, and he was an all star.

Most people on this forum have been fairly conservative with their win/loss predictions as well. Most ranging from 23 wins to 30 wins. The occasional optimist, like myself will hopefully predict something like 33 to 35 wins. But that's usually more hope than belief. I tend to be more optimistic than most, but that's just me. I literally hate negativity. Negativity is destructive. No one ever accomplished anything by being negative. There is a distinction between being critical, and being negative, and I don't think some people know the difference. You can be critical and still be positive.

Criticism can be very constructive. Success comes from failure, and with failure comes criticism, and from criticism comes change. All of that is positive, or can be. There's a difference between saying a player's jumpshot has a hitch in it and needs to be corrected if he's ever going to be a good shooter, and, saying the same player was a bad choice, he sucks, and he'll never ever be any good. One comment is constructive, and the other is destructive.

In my personal life, I refuse to associate with negative people. All they do is bring you down. And, I'm tired of eating worms..:p