MARVIN BAGLEY III

Jackson mostly just lobbed up shots that fell. I didn't really see much shot creation from him either. If he takes the league by storm being a 7 foot tall Steph Curry I'll be surprised.
This, I saw Jackson and while the shooting was impressive, the rest of his game was just ordinary. Didn't look very fluid with the ball or trying to create offense. He was hot from the outside for sure but I don't know that form scares me.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
You can see that Bagley has the dna to be very good. We didn't even see him in screen and roll situations, but it doesn't take much imagination to see what he could do in those kind of situations. I was glad to see him get to the free throw line and convert. His shooting stroke looked smooth. He has a lot to learn on defense, but he'll get there because of his effort and his quick jumping ability. There is a lot to be hopeful about with Bagley, Giles and Fox.

Bagley looked alright.
Pros- Good touch on shot, inside and out. Motor is as advertised. Nice poster dunk. Bounce works for blocks.
Cons- Defensive IQ was not there, especially on pick and rolls. Offensively, had spacing issues. Reliant on left hand.
Thankfully the negatives are mostly coachable.
I see a high floor but low ceiling player. Happy (not wowed) to have him on the team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wagner spent a lot (like a shockingly large amount) of time on the floor. He looked good and he hit shots but he didn't out muscle either of the bigs. At least not regularly.
Watch out, Npliam. You're starting to sound a lot like a Kings fan. We ever get you inside G1C and you'll be hooked. Let me know if you're ever coming to Sacramento. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bagley looked alright.
Pros- Good touch on shot, inside and out. Motor is as advertised. Nice poster dunk. Bounce works for blocks.
Cons- Defensive IQ was not there, especially on pick and rolls. Offensively, had spacing issues. Reliant on left hand.
Thankfully the negatives are mostly coachable.
I see a high floor but low ceiling player. Happy (not wowed) to have him on the team.
I don't know if you heard Grant and Doug talking about that, but Doug seems to feel Bags will be able to switch to his right hand as soon as teams take his left away. It sounded like Doug might have seen indications in practice or something.