Magic @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Kings in a delicate situation with the regular season winding down slowly but surely. We are the team looking for a new identity slowed by injury problems. We have several teams breathing down our neck and if thing start going really bad - even the unthinkable could happen. Believing otherwise - is just a denial.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I looked at our schedule - especially focusing on the road games. I did not like what I saw. There is not one game where I would consider ourselfs a favorite. Pretty brutal if You ask me. It just makes our home games even more important.
It will go to the wire. I still hope we get the 6th seed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Watching the Houston game - made me realize (once again) just how good we were in the last 4 years or so. The way the Rockets looked - that is the way we looked on that famous 10 games road winning streak we had 3 years ago (I might be mistaking but not much). I hope - we can get there soon.
Magic game is a pay back game. We lost in Orlando because our guards in general and Mobley in particular sucked. Francis and Nelson killed us. Not going to happen tomorow. Now, expecting Kings to blow someone out - might not be appropriate under these circumstances but a victory without involving Mike's clutch capabilities would be nice.
It is sad that DC will not be there so that ARCO can give him what he deserves. I still hope that he will get that opportunity before he retires if not with Magic - then somwhere else. On the other hand - You can only imagine the emotions that would surround something like this - somebody would love to misinterpret things like that - so maybe it is for the best at the moment. He will never be forgotten - even if he will not be there tomorow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings will need to rebound better so that the rookie does not get 20+ rebounds. Maybe, just maybe we can play well for 3/4 of the game. Also I expect Mobley to get it together here. I think that he couldn't do so bad on SF again if he tried. Also I am kinda disliking his shot selection. He shoots 8 out of 10 balls he touches. Mike will show up and so will Skinner. I whish I couls say the same for Pedja but he has been consistantly inconsistant.If he just could play close to what he is capable of - it would help a lot. He has been due for a long while now. It is f... time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike - will bounce back ofensively. Can he guard Nelson who has career number last time we played them ?
Pedja - can he put a good game together for once ?
Mobley - can he understand that BB is a team game. Can he realize that there are 4 more guys that wear the same jearsey ?
Darius - can he give us more on the consistant basis ?
Skinner - can we really ask that guy to do more ?
Thomas - is it time for him to start ?
Corllis - can he be more consistant as well ?
Evans - can we find him more minutes ?
Tag - can somebody put 2 chairs together so that his fat behind can sit comfortably on the bench - he is not even cheering aw well as he is used to.
Martin - is he going to get left of the PO roster
Daniels - ???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
RA - can he stop playing Corliss at 5. Can he get Pedja and Mike more rest so they have enough left down the strech. Can he find more minutes for Evans and Williamson ?
I do not want to be beaten by Hedo but I am afraid that their guards just might have a field trip tomorow
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go Sixers !!!! (Lakers)
Go Bulls !!!!!! (Sonics)

Wo;ves play Mavs so either way something good will happen ;)

If they can get back to the kind of basketball they were playing during their 3 game win streak (minus not letting the teams back in the game)...we shouldn't have any problem

Orlando has been going through some turmoil of their own lately...they are currently on a 4 game losing streak...not to mention the all around team frustration that is just radiating off of them

The key is rebounding...last time we allowed D12 to get 20 rebounds...which is obviously not acceptable...hopefully RA and company will have an answer for this...as for our rebounding perhaps Mo getting more minutes might just help

...and hopefully Mike can control Jameer Nelson from the tip...Id like to see Mike take total control over this entire game...like he had been during the 3 game win streak...

and I agree that although a blow out isn't necessary id like to have a comfortable sized margin of victory...I don't feel like watching the end of the game with my hands on my head again...lol

Cat has got to have a better outing against Orlando then last time...we hasn't been turning the ball over AS much of late but he's still forcing shots...he needs to relax a bit...

Peja please come back to us!

It would also be nice to see a SOLID Corliss and a SOLID Darius in this game as well

RA has got to be on top of his rotations....rest is key...and if a player is stinking it up out there please sit him down...and bring in some new energy (especially in the case of Mo Evans)

We need this win tomorrow night to end the homestand on a good note....

GO KINGS!!!!!!!!
LETS GET IT ROLLIN AGAIN!!!

Peja please do something for once.
Please not just points 5-6 boards would be nice.

Mobley FFS shoot the ball in the hoop . Don't take 10 shots to warm up.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
piksi, I would just like to say that I have been thoroughly enjoying reading your comments prior to each game. I may not agree with all of them, but they are often RIGHT ON.

BTW - I really believe that Christie will be with the team at ARCO tonight. Stay tuned.

^^ me too. i think he'll be there. they seemed excited on the thought that they'll be coming back to sac when we played them at orlando. even their kids want to join. so let's see if he shows up. i hope he does. just so he can see all the signs the fans will bring.

I agree with piksi that mobley needs to pass the ball more. he is not playing for orlando anymore.

Mike...please play some defense tonight and not let a rookie have his way with you.

Darius...simply take more shots, you're automatic from 18ft. We could use the extra 15pts.

Peja...PLEASE!

just a thought. Go Kings! Don't settle for next year!

The key to this game and our season has to be Peja. If he continues to be inconsistent then teams are just going to key on Bibby. Stop Bibby and you pretty much stop the Kings. If Peja becomes a factor again then it will open up the offense. I think this is the first time in 4 years I am actually concerned with how we are going to score points.

As much as I like Mobley and that trade he is starting to tick me off with his lack of passing, missed lay-ups and poor shot selection. He is fairly talented and likes to drive to the basket. What he needs to do is dish out to Peja when he has no chance at the lay-up.

I heard on the Rise Guys that Thomas will get the start over Darius. I am for that and would like to see Thomas starting for a few games. Darius is a great bench player so I think this will help us.

RA has to have a better coaching plan, don't be afraid to hurt players feelings by subing we needed and not trying to hope that a player will improve by the 4th qtr, that's stupid and not very smart...

BigWaxer said:
The key to this game and our season has to be Peja. If he continues to be inconsistent then teams are just going to key on Bibby. Stop Bibby and you pretty much stop the Kings. If Peja becomes a factor again then it will open up the offense.
I totally agree

gman said:
RA has to have a better coaching plan
After reading a few of todays articles...I think RA has finally got his sh.. together...I get the feel that he has zero'd in on exactly what we have to do in these final 18 games...the line up situation is finally set...thank god...lets watch for the in game coaching tactics...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
iheartBrad said:
After reading a few of todays articles...I think RA has finally got his sh.. together...I get the feel that he has zero'd in on exactly what we have to do in these final 18 games...the line up situation is finally set...thank god...lets watch for the in game coaching tactics...
I guess that's where we differ. I don't think RA not having his **** together has been the problem at any point. In fact, in all honesty, I cannot think of another coach who has handled and continues to handle the myriad of problems, changes, etc. his team has endured anywhere near as well as RA.

VF21 said:
I guess that's where we differ. I don't think RA not having his **** together has been the problem at any point. In fact, in all honesty, I cannot think of another coach who has handled and continues to handle the myriad of problems, changes, etc. his team has endured anywhere near as well as RA.
Rick Carlisle. But yeah, RA's been great.

It's al about some DEFENSE! If the Kings can play some defense, rotate out to perimeter shooters, and get defensive rebounds they should win this one.

Orlando has lost four in a row and is in danger of falling below .500 for the first time this year. So, they have a lot to play for. The #8 seed in the East is a death sentence so I'm sure they are trying to move up!

Heuge said:
Carlisle's team isn't in the playoffs, in the Eastern conference. Carlisle has dealt with more but RA has done a better job.
Check your facts and go to NBA.com. The pacers are in the playoffs but may likely slip out. Their situation is incomparable to ours and makes our **** look like a walk in the park. They lost their 3 best players for half the season (1 permanently), lose their best player AGAIN for the crucial ending stretch, and then lose their saving grace Jamal Tinsley for about 6 weeks to a freak injury. A lesser coach would have caved. If coach of the year didn't weigh so heavily on wins, I'd say the award should go to Carlisle. There should be some kind of recognition for "Coach of the Year that had to go through the most **** and still pull out a decent record". How he even wins at all with practically all bench players is beyond me.

Zyphen said:
Check your facts and go to NBA.com. The pacers are in the playoffs but may likely slip out. Their situation is incomparable to ours and makes our **** look like a walk in the park. They lost their 3 best players for half the season (1 permanently), lose their best player AGAIN for the crucial ending stretch, and then lose their saving grace Jamal Tinsley for about 6 weeks to a freak injury. A lesser coach would have caved. If coach of the year didn't weigh so heavily on wins, I'd say the award should go to Carlisle. There should be some kind of recognition for "Coach of the Year that had to go through the most **** and still pull out a decent record". How he even wins at all with practically all bench players is beyond me.
8th seed... out of the playoffs are both pethetic outcomes in the Eastern Conference and make no difference.
The only reason why I compared Carlisle is b/c you brought it up.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
VF21 said:
For the most part, I agree. This guy has been trying to do something harder than herding cats and we are still hovering around the 5th seed in the WC playoff seedings. Yes, things have been disjointed, but he needs to see what different guys can bring and in what combinations.

I think the starting lineup for the rest of the year should be:

Bibby, Mobley, Peja, KT and King Tut.

High 5, Big Nasty, Darius, and, to a lesser extent, House all need to play decent minutes to get more game-time in and to rest Bibby and King Tut, as they really are the 2 without really decent backups with the injured guys. I think Mobley and High 5 especially should be almost splitting the SG minutes as I think both deserve PT based on High 5's recent play.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Zyphen said:
I agree that Carlisle has done a good job. He has at least known, for the most part, who he would and wouldn't have available for the upcoming games, which RA has NOT known.

But I don't think it's a one or the other situation. I don't think what RA has been able to keep going is diminished in any way by what Rick Carlisle has overcome or vice versa.

I'll be at the game tonight. My boss just gave me his tickets to tonights game.

Sec. 106
Row L
Seats 11 & 12

oh and I just noticed I have the paid preferred parking.

Last edited:
Heuge said:
Carlisle's team isn't in the playoffs, in the Eastern conference. Carlisle has dealt with more but RA has done a better job.
Not only that, most "experts" picked the Kings to be somewhere between 6th and 10th in the West with Webber, Brad, Bibby, Peja, Christie, and Bobby Jackson.

We're there with Skinner, Darius, Kenny Thomas, Mobley, Williamson, Mo Evans, and Peja (sort of). That's an AMAZING coaching job if you ask me.

keflanag said:
Not only that, most "experts" picked the Kings to be somewhere between 6th and 10th in the West with Webber, Brad, Bibby, Peja, Christie, and Bobby Jackson.

We're there with Skinner, Darius, Kenny Thomas, Mobley, Williamson, Mo Evans, and Peja (sort of). That's an AMAZING coaching job if you ask me.
I agree that Adelman has done a good job over the years and again this year, but the Kings are in the 5th spot due to Bibby, Christie, Stojakovic, Webber, Miller and Jackson. They have been only 22-18 since Jackson went down and all of the turnover started, which would put them in about the 8th spot in the west if they were there the whole year.

Status
Not open for further replies.