Logo - change or keep? (retitled with poll added)

What should we do about the logo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i don't care. i don't have issue with the logo, colors, or any of that. i actually reall like the KINGS font on the jerseys.

my problem is the font on the numbers on the jerseys, its TERRIBLE

Bring back the old school Royals jerseys (above) , and change the current color scheme to match those colors. I understand we have been synonymous with purple and black for a very long time, but why not change it all up? We can update the jerseys to say "Kings" instead of "Royals".

PS: Personally, my favorite "Kings" jersey I own (and it's a Mike Bibby one, too)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Bring back the old school Royals jerseys (above) , and change the current color scheme to match those colors. I understand we have been synonymous with purple and black for a very long time, but why not change it all up? We can update the jerseys to say "Kings" instead of "Royals".

PS: Personally, my favorite "Kings" jersey I own (and it's a Mike Bibby one, too)
red white and blue is tired, and not our scheme. That's the Sixers, complete with Philly's Constitutional history and frequently stars and stripes around their jerseys and logo.

We're the Kings people. KINGS. Purple is the color of royalty, always has been (in the European tradition). Black is just cool. If we'd just get over the stupidity and win its a unique and easily identifiable color scheme.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Also, I wouldn't want to go back to that vertical scheme because the Thunder co-opted it for their imagined "throwbacks". This irks me to no end:

I think we should go with giant boggle blocks on the front of each jersey with Sacramento Kings and the player's name all jumbled up. Then the back could just be the number.

SCRUN
ATOIKN
EGSSNS
MOCIA

as opposed to

SMIOK
ARNTR
GDOSE
CANN

etc.

You could confuse opponents and if you bought a jersey it could be like a fun game for friends and family to try to figure out who you were repping!

I agree to a certain extent. Get the logo right and then leave it alone. I disagree though about the majority of NBA teams getting these logos right so far. Many of those iconic baseball logos evolved over nearly a century to what they are now. The NBA, unfortunately, went through most of it's growing pains during decades of questionable aesthetic taste. I don't think you should be married to an idea just because it's got a little bit of history behind it. Atlanta and Philadelphia managed to update their logos while paying homage to their past and the new logos look way better than the ones they replaced and a lot more likely to stand the test of time.

Compare:

Those 90s logos look like the kinds of art design everybody used to make in the primitive early internet days when we hadn't collectively realized yet how tacky clip art looks. Both new logos are a vast improvement. I don't think every logo should be a generic circle but something simpler and cleaner would be more appropriate now. If I'm supposed to wear that thing on a hat or a jacket, I don't want it to look ridiculous. Sometimes you just get so used to things being a certain way that the cartoonish nature of it only dawns on you in retrospect. Admit it, some of these 90s logos look really bad today.
Hawks logo looks like a yawning pacman.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I think we should go with giant boggle blocks on the front of each jersey with Sacramento Kings and the player's name all jumbled up. Then the back could just be the number.

SCRUN
ATOIKN
EGSSNS
MOCIA

as opposed to

SMIOK
ARNTR
GDOSE
CANN

etc.

You could confuse opponents and if you bought a jersey it could be like a fun game for friends and family to try to figure out who you were repping!
SKDNIR
ACKAON
YMECIE
RTURGR
SBNKOU

OK, this is just WRONG. I already have a jersey fetish. I have managed to contain it to just different styles, home and away and players no one else had. Do you have ANY IDEA what you are doing to my bank account??? I will trade you one purple Keon Clark jersey for any color NSISOCU jersey, straight up.

red white and blue is tired, and not our scheme. That's the Sixers, complete with Philly's Constitutional history and frequently stars and stripes around their jerseys and logo.

We're the Kings people. KINGS. Purple is the color of royalty, always has been (in the European tradition). Black is just cool. If we'd just get over the stupidity and win its a unique and easily identifiable color scheme.
We can wear the Red, White, and Blue jerseys, start winning, and call ourselves "America's Hardwood Team" :D......At the end of the day, I don't mind our color scheme, I actually do like it. We could maybe use the same layout (I like the letters going down the side of the jersey, it's a totally different look than the traditional style of going from left to right), but have the colors be purple and black instead of the red, white, and blue. I just had to bring that old school style/look up because, as I said in that post, that has to be my all time favorite "Kings" jersey just because of how cool I thought/think the old school Royals look is.

I think our logo is great and I don't see any reason to change it.

With that being said, I do have a problem with the Kings' jerseys.

During our glory days, and quite honestly the way it should be, Sacramento was always on the team's "away" jersey. Now it's vice-versa. For whatever reason the team has gone away from that for reasons that have dumbfounded me. I feel proud watching our team play in other cities with my city on the front of those jerseys.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The logo is fine the way it is. Are we going to start changing logo's like we change coaches? Personally, I like purple, black and white. I loved the black uni's. I hate and despise the powder blue uni's, and will throw up every time I see our players in them. No sleeves please.

I love our logo. It doesn't follow any artistic rules, is completely 90s, but it's awesome. I love our colors but, hate our jerseys. I think we've dabbled with purple away jerseys too much, and the purples we have used simply don't look good.

We need to bring back black as our away jersey and never let it go again.