Lakers/Kings Game 7/Donaghy Video

Entity

Hall of Famer
Why in the f*** did i watch that. I had to know what it was. That is some depressing junk. Doug Christie, Chris Webber, Vlade Divac all retired soon Peja and Mike with no ring.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Guys...its been 7 years. Pretty soon people are going to be starting these threads and the younguns on the board aren't even going to know what the hell you are talking about. It'll be like going on a Red Sox board and starting a thread about how terrible it was that Bill Buckner let that ball roll between his legs in '86. And if you don't get that reference, that was part of the point.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I remember just sitting there for an hour after the game waiting for it to come back and say they messed up or something.

Haha... I came across that video a couple of days ago. It is important that it does go down in history, but it's also important to just let it pass.

I can't imagine what these boards were like during the 2002 WCF...

Well, that vid was nicely put together, but id be lying if i said i was still in a good mood... memories, memories, memories, ohhhhh memories.

It sucked, but those are great memories.

Sports are about getting entertained. Something to bring out the passion in us. Watch that video and tell me you cant still sense the emotion of those games.

That **** is what being a sports fan is all about. It is those battles that make us watch sports.

Those were some amazing times and we are all lucky to have been a Kings fan. I thank all those players for what they brought to us, which was passion and excitement!!!!!!!!!!

I have coached a few teams to some CIF section titles and winning them was GREAT. But years later it didnt change my life. Losing or winning a title would have been great, but it wouldnt have changed any of our lives... well maybe a few of you:)

A

AriesMar27

Haha... I came across that video a couple of days ago. It is important that it does go down in history, but it's also important to just let it pass.

I can't imagine what these boards were like during the 2002 WCF...
Man... Lol.

I don’t know why I just watched that video. I don’t really like to watch this series because it’s just painful…but I (and the other Kings fans) am lucky enough to have experienced - this beautiful team, their chemistry, energy, and friendship. It was a beautiful thing that not that many people really get to enjoy/experience. I really enjoyed that team – from the coaching staff all the way down to the bench players/towel wavers.

I don’t know who else went to their Playoff games but I saw them play the last game against the Mavs and I can’t even describe the emotion and energy that was displayed in that building. I hope we can get that back and I hope that as Kings fans, people will come back and give these new Kings the opportunity and show them a experience that is truly unforgettable.

Btw. That dunk by Vlade was Priceless.

ugh..... the lakers make me puke. i used to live in portland back in 2000-2002, when the blazers made the playoffs for some years. Of course, they would play the lakers, and of course they would lose because of bogus calls. i move to sacramento the year this series happened, and of course, the b***sh** saga with the lakers continue...... oh the memories

It shouldn't be swept under the rug.

Kings were cheated. The fans were cheated.

with that being said, the Kings will be back. Within two years we will be that tough team that plays ball the right way that so many people loved. This young team is going to tear **** up over the next couple years.

I don't equate this with something like the Buckner thing at all. There will be retribution. Things aren't forgotten. I'm not talking about deliberately injuring anyone or anything like that, by the way. We don't know when, or how, but it will happen. And when it does, everyone will talk about how it redeems 2002. But it will not be fully redeemed until the Kings win a championship, which they will.

There is no debate, there is no controversy. This was a cheat job. Everyone knows it, on both sides, even if they can't admit it. And everyone knows the Kings are coming back. It wasn't just Sacramento that was in love with that old Kings team. Everyone who watches basketball who wasn't rooting for our opponent loved that team, because of the purity of the basketball, it was impossible not to.

What happened in 2002 is still ingrained in the history and spirit of this franchise, and it is part of what motivates this team now, on some level. And the energy that is building now, it is beginning to really spread again, even if attendance doesn't fully reflect it yet. I think we can now be fully forward focused. We can let go of the bad years we just had, stop rooting for lins and draft position. It's time to move forward, be a real team again, a team that you root for to win each and every game. We have some, if not most, of the main pieces of a great team in the making, now it's all about learning and getting better. I hope all fans around here can stop subtly rooting for failure (I was a big fan of the lins when we needed them), but it does take a conscious decision to decide we are fully ready to move forward with what we have, and not care one bit about draft position. I believe we have entered that phase. And much sooner than I expected, I might add.

Last edited:
this is important to note because the team we had was something special and reminds us of great times

we must remember that if it wasn't for the NBA/reffing we would have won that championship...

this is important to note because the team we had was something special and reminds us of great times

we must remember that if it wasn't for the NBA/reffing we would have won that championship...
...and as much as it still tears me up inside to watch and remember what happened, NOTHING can be done about it...I moved on...

...and as much as it still tears me up inside to watch and remember what happened, NOTHING can be done about it...I moved on...
agreed..I have too...

however, most younger/new fans that I know don't remember/recall anything like this this, all they know is the kings were like the Mavs of 03-06 "good but not good enough"...this was definitely NOT the case and it shouldn't be written/taught as so.