Kobe Bryant held an invite only camp. Fox and Buddy invited

Kobe?
The one who HAD to change his number due to a court order for doing you-know-what.
Didn't he miss more shots than anyone in history?
We do not need ANY kings players hanging out with him IMO.

Kobe?
The one who HAD to change his number due to a court order for doing you-know-what.
Come on, I don’t like him much either but he’s probably the second greatest shooting guard of all time with multiple rings. To say they shouldn’t try to pick up some tips from Kobe is ludicrous. He had an epic work ethic, drew a bunch of fouls, and came up big time and again. Buddy could definitely learn from Kobe on how to draw more fouls, as an example.

LOL. Take off the hater glasses. Dude was part of 5 title winning teams - including being the undisputed leader of 2 of them - regardless of how many shots he missed. And guess what, he made a lot of them too. A lot of big shots included. Which is why current and past players have the utmost respect for him.

Reason #1,204,375 why drugs non-prescription drugs are BAD.

Last edited:
Come on, I don’t like him much either but he’s probably the second greatest shooting guard of all time with multiple rings. To say they shouldn’t try to pick up some tips from Kobe is ludicrous. He had an epic work ethic, drew a bunch of fouls, and came up big time and again. Buddy could definitely learn from Kobe on how to draw more fouls, as an example.
Some people just don't know what they don't know. Or refuse to look at things unemotionally.

I'm a LAL hater of the highest order. But I don't let that cloud my judgement of how great a player and competitor Mamba was or how great it would be for any of what he has potentially rubbing off on others.

I have a problem with that guy. didn't like his style of play but more importantly his off the court issues. He is a condescending, narcissistic person. There is something about him that makes me uncomfortable. As such, however big of a player he was, I prefer young players to stay away from him.

I strongly disliked him as a player, but always respected him. He’s the 3 rd greatest player of my lifetime behind MJ and Timmy. I’m pretty sure he hates 90% of the 25-35 cohort in the league due to general lack of mental fortitude and inability to approach the game with the right mindset. You have borderline All-Stars talking about how they have to manage their “brand”, and get the right social media team. I think Fox and Buddy are two guys who could really benefit from Kobe’s tutelage. Also, consider Luke’s connection to Kobe—we might see Kobe around a decent amount—which is a good thing for our young players.

If shaq had a problem with him that’s good enough for me.
Shaq's problem with Kobe is Shaq wanted the ball in his hands just as much, if not more. They are both alpha players. But aside from some 'family' fights, they got along ok all things considered and are still friends to this day.

Shaq didn't care for any player that didn't want to throw him the ball most times down the floor. But Shaq certainly respects Kobe's competitiveness, work ethic and ability.

Kobe's problem with Shaq is that he didn't work hard like he did. And he's 100% right about that. If Shaq had the work ethic of MJ or Kobe, the LAL would have won more titles while they were together. Hell, Shaq might never had left Orlando cause the Magic probably would have won a couple down there already.

Kobe?
Really?? Honestly, when I think of the player who inflicted more pain and heartache to me personally because of repeatedly making clutch plays against us, it's Kobe Bryant.

I posted a fact.
You posted something f'd up to say the least.

Get off Kobe's nuts. Dudes a rapist and uneffective scorer. Period.

IGNORED.
"uneffective scorer" is a FACT? Who knew? Someone should alert the NBA's Hall-of-Fame.

I posted at least one FACT too. But your confirmation bias has you ignoring FACTS that don't fit the agenda. Which is why you now choose to ignore rather than further a discussion. I take that as admission deep down that you recognize you're flat wrong, won't be able to effectively make a case and thank you for your participation. ;)

I sure wish the KINGS could find an "uneffective scorer" to lead them to a few NBA titles. Silly me.

Last edited:
I posted a fact.
You posted something f'd up to say the least.

Get off Kobe's nuts. Dudes a rapist and uneffective scorer. Period.

IGNORED.
Well I disagree with his saying drugs are bad as most drugs are good. It's such a silly and stupid cliche to say that drugs are bad because the pharmacist gives us drugs to make us feel better.

But. Kobe might have had periods of being inefficient, he most certainly was not ineffective when scoring the ball. Dude is one of the most prolific scorers of all time. You dont drop 81 in a game, 62 in 3 quarters, or 40+ for like 13 games being ineffective. Yes, he sometimes did it to the detriment of his team. Yes his tunnel vision is unmatched. Yes, I hated his guts on the court.

But when had the ball...he was FEARED.

Well I disagree with his saying drugs are bad as most drugs are good. It's such a silly and stupid cliche to say that drugs are bad because the pharmacist gives us drugs to make us feel better..
Lol. Touché.

I guess I should have specified that ‘crack cocaine is a helluva drug and bad for you’ ;)

I dunno, times have changed. Perhaps the pharmacist hands that out too. Might explain some things...

Well I disagree with his saying drugs are bad as most drugs are good. It's such a silly and stupid cliche to say that drugs are bad because the pharmacist gives us drugs to make us feel better.

ALL drugs have side effects, including mild ones like caffeine. And different people have different sensitivity to any given one. The pharmacist gives what the doctor orders. And just because the doctor orders it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing even if it does make us feel better.

Just food for thought. Kentucky I believe has the highest prescribed ratio of opioid based narcotics to population. Please don't answer this question on this board, just food for thought. Is there any correlation between that and the heroin epidemic that is ravaging Kentucky communities? I only ask that because the notion given that if it prescribed......

ALL drugs have side effects, including mild ones like caffeine. And different people have different sensitivity to any given one. The pharmacist gives what the doctor orders. And just because the doctor orders it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing even if it does make us feel better.

Just food for thought. Kentucky I believe has the highest prescribed ratio of opioid based narcotics to population. Please don't answer this question on this board, just food for thought. Is there any correlation between that and the heroin epidemic that is ravaging Kentucky communities? I only ask that because the notion given that if it prescribed......
Can we stick to basketball and the topic please? Just saying.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I suspect all those Kobe haters would have gladly embraced him if the Kings had found a way to trade for him in his prime, or sign him as a free agent. I certainly hated him when in a game against us, but only as the opposition. As an individual? Don't know and probably never will. Kobe was a very private person who was all business as a player, even with his own teammates. I always felt that was his weakness, but to each his own. It's hard to argue with the results, and I'm a results person.

I'll always remember how Danny Ainge went from one of the most hated players by Kings fans, to suddenly beloved by everyone, once he was on the team. Sport fans are quite fickle when it comes to love and hate. In my opinion, if Fox and Buddy can absorb some small degree of improvement from going to Kobe's camp, then I think it's great. Even if it's only drinking the same ice water that Kobe drank.

If you had not responded to off topic comment, then I wouldn't have had that comment to respond to. Chicken or the egg, what came first. I do not want to go into the topic I responded to, too political. Just wanted to give food for thought. Each their own.
My response was tongue in cheek. Not meant for debate. Just pointing out how silly I found the phrase. But whatever.

Go Kings!!!