Kingsfans.com can have two reps LIVE at Dave's show Monday

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
gonna check some posts after I put up the boxscore info on the grades, then get back to you with suggestions. Of course peeps still have to want to go.

One question is tough to beat a deflection with. Id rather cross examine him, set him up with softballs, let him trap himself, then pounce. :p
You'd be pouncing with the baseball bat. C'mon, we know you well enough.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
As much a I would like to see Vivek and PDA suffer, it will do none of us any good. The less chaos the better. In the end, the fans and FO have to have a friendly coexistence. We need a team that wins and already we have seen what happens when there is tension. I hope this meeting ends up being no more than an exchange of ideas but PDA has to be open. I am not saying PDA can get away with feeding us pablum. If he is evasive, he and the team will risk losing some of us and that is not good for anyone.

The FO needs to know what is at stake. They definitely can lose me. We all have endured too many years of deceipt and inept ownership..

Boy would I love to be there, but its not possible. If I had more notice I would drive all the way to Sacramento. That said, I recommend Capt Factorial and Rainmaker. Both bright, knowledgable guys that will ask tough questions and won't let PDA spin his way out of the answer. I know Rainmaker lives down in the bay area, but it's a lot shorter drive than I would have to make.
Ditto. Capt Factoral and Rainmaker.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
As much a I would like to see Vivek and PDA suffer, it will do none of us any good. The less chaos the better. In the end, the fans and FO have to have a friendly coexistence. We need a team that wins and already we have seen what happens when there is tension. I hope this meeting ends up being no more than an exchange of ideas but PDA has to be open. I am not saying PDA can get away with feeding us pablum. If he is evasive, he and the team will risk losing some of us and that is not good for anyone.

The FO needs to know what is at stake. They definitely can lose me. We all have endured too many years of deceipt and inept ownership..
I would add that this is not a time for "gotcha questions or scoring points" but it IS about accountability. As a business venture the front office needs to to be held accountable not only to the owners but to the fans/consumers as well.

Anyone care to purchase me a plane ticket from Boston to Sacramento :)

There are plenty of great choices here. Most of which do not appear to be local, but the names being thrown around in this thread are all fantastic. Out of the people in the area, I'd love for Rainmaker to represent this board, a place I've spent a lot of time at over the years.

I'm sure the powers that be here will choose correctly.

I would add that this is not a time for "gotcha questions or scoring points" but it IS about accountability. As a business venture the front office needs to to be held accountable not only to the owners but to the fans/consumers as well.
As a person who was invited, I have no intention of "scoring points." This is about getting the FO to understand the fans perspective and to give us an idea of theirs. In fact, I think "scoring points" is part and parcel of what has happened to this divided fan base, but that's another rant for another time.

My hope is that if I am called upon to ask a question, it will be and open ended question with little to no opportunity to spew corporate buzzwords, talking points, or straying off point.

J

jdbraver

I honestly don't think laying out vision for the fans or in public is a good idea. However, the FO does need to get the players on board. Fans will flock back when the team wins. I wouldnt expect the FO to answer anything with a response that lays out there plan. Hope the people asking these questions keep that in mind and those fans listening do not raise the pitchforks.

You've got to have Brick because lawyers know how to ask questions that demand specific answers. You can't ask PDA abstract questions that allow him to answer in abstract terms, otherwise it will be a BS forum.
This is why I think there needs to be a certain 'gotcha' element others have poo poo'd. The ownership group and front office have been feeding the fanbase buzzwords and throwing the 'old kings teams!' at us for over a year. Enough with the fan service. I want to see real people talking about real things. Not the abstract garbage you mentioned.

And I think the only way to get that out of PDA is to call him out on specific things he's said that haven't come to fruition, or things he has contradicted in the past. Too often than not, this front office says one thing and does another.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
This is why I think there needs to be a certain 'gotcha' element others have poo poo'd. The ownership group and front office have been feeding the fanbase buzzwords and throwing the 'old kings teams!' at us for over a year. Enough with the fan service. I want to see real people talking about real things. Not the abstract garbage you mentioned.

And I think the only way to get that out of PDA is to call him out on specific things he's said that haven't come to fruition, or things he has contradicted in the past. Too often than not, this front office says one thing and does another.
Agreed. Whoever is asking the questions must demand specifics. Also, they must have the ability to ask follow up questions that demand specifics. If the questioner asks a specific question and then PDA gives an abstract answer (BS), the questioner must say: Well, PDA, with respect, you didn't answer the question; please give the specific answer to my question.

This forum isn't intended to be a BS forum for PDA; it's intended to get to the truth of the matter. If people want to be "nice" and allow him to answer in abstractions instead of getting to the truth, then they are doing preemptive surrender to PDA.

I think it'd also be a good idea for the KF questions to be related to each other, or naturally just be a follow up type question so we can get a specific response to one question rather 2 vague responses to 2 different questions. I suppose that would take some on the fly thinking from the 2nd Kings fan rep to be able to formulate a question after hearing PDA's response from the first question, but I'm sure there's a way we can help with that.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
My choices of those who might be able to make it are Funky, Rainmaker, and the Capt. I'm humbled by anyone that nominated me, but as my name indicates, I actually do live in baja mexico. However I'am considering moving back to sacramento to help straighten this mess out. There are many on this forum that could represent us, and do a great job. Oddly enough, most don't live in sacramento. I won't name them because I fear it might cause an east coast explosion as Bricky's head swells past the safe limit. :p

When a situation/dynamic is THIS messed up, it takes a large amount of effort, conflict, and stick-to-it-iveness to grind to a resolution.

I doubt there are easy or quick fixes to the situation the FO has put the organization in.
But the person who is there needs to be direct and professional, and the question should not be to make people feel good or happy or relieved - it should be something that leads to an understanding of what needs to be fixed.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
When a situation/dynamic is THIS messed up, it takes a large amount of effort, conflict, and stick-to-it-iveness to grind to a resolution.

I doubt there are easy or quick fixes to the situation the FO has put the organization in.
But the person who is there needs to be direct and professional, and the question should not be to make people feel good or happy or relieved - it should be something that leads to an understanding of what needs to be fixed.
Yeah, we got that covered.