Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Dario Saric
Position:
SF/PF
Hgt: 6'10"
Wgt: 223
Projected Draft Number: #15 NBADraft.net/#21 Draftexpress.com
College Stats 2012-13: N/A

Gilles's Review: International from '94 class. Is 6'10" with 6'10" wingspan. Will be measured at Eurocamp. Highly skilled european prospect: very good handles, passing, court vision of a PG and understanding of the game. Rebounds very well. Quick enough to be able to take most PFs off the dribble, but struggles with finishing due to lack of strength. Has to settle for jumpshots, that he has trouble converting, and doesn't get to the line a lot despite what his ball skills might suggest, and then converts only half of those he gets. Will have to play PF as small forwards will torture him with penetration and take away his dribble forcing him shoot jumpers, that he can't currently make. As PF strength will be a big issue. Plays against adults from very young age just like Rubio, so superior understanding of the game might help off-set his weaknesses.

27206_363612251168_1603034_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not convinced Saric will have to play PF. If he can improve shooting and strength, I think he can be a good SF.

This has also reminded me that I completely forgot about this whole project. Just completely slipped my mind. :eek: Sorry about that guys, but good to see that the reports are all as detailed as possible.

I read that his "comparison" was Dejan Bodiroga, one of my favorite basketball players of all time. But I seriously, seriously doubt he'll touch the level of Dejan's career.

I read that his "comparison" was Dejan Bodiroga, one of my favorite basketball players of all time. But I seriously, seriously doubt he'll touch the level of Dejan's career.
Hahaha! It just goes to show that these comparisons are worthless! Bodiroga was one of a kind! A complete player!

Hahaha! It just goes to show that these comparisons are worthless! Bodiroga was one of a kind! A complete player!
Yeah, I even YouTube'd some of his highlights yesterday just to reminisce. Always wanted him to come play for the Kings. I think he should come over and be an assistant/consultant with the Kings just to teach his footwork and crazy dribble moves. I could see Tyreke using some of this tricks.

BTW, no doubt in my mind this guy would be Petrie's pick. Just too obvious. ;)

Chad Ford did mention Saric could go as high as #6 to the Pelicans in his chat today, fwiw.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm not convinced Saric will have to play PF. If he can improve shooting and strength, I think he can be a good SF.

This has also reminded me that I completely forgot about this whole project. Just completely slipped my mind. :eek: Sorry about that guys, but good to see that the reports are all as detailed as possible.
There's still time to get involved. Report for duty!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
BTW, no doubt in my mind this guy would be Petrie's pick. Just too obvious. ;)

Chad Ford did mention Saric could go as high as #6 to the Pelicans in his chat today, fwiw.
Saric stated that he's playing in europe next season, and that he may pull his name from the draft. He'd be a likely choice for the Mav's who are trying to trade their pick to save capspace. Drafting a player and letting him play in europe would accomplish the same thing.

Not sure what Saric and his agent is thinking if he drops out. Next years draft is brutally good at this point. Why not stay in and get drafted top 13, play in Euro for another year or two, and then come over? Unless he really thinks he's going to make a HUGE leap this year, I think it's a bad move to drop out. His skills aren't in question, but his athleticism isn't going to improve in a year, imo. Sounds like teams are definitely interested in him this year, even in the top 10.

Shame. There was definitely late lotto type talent to work with here, and he was considered a late lotto talent. A "certainty" pick. Don't know what compelled him to drop out.