[Game] Kings @ Wizards - Monday, Dec. 21 - 4 PST, 7 EST

DeMarcus has been trash on both ends of the floor tonight
Demarcus is the biggest disappointment tonight. He mailed it in first quarter. George Karl is just an a**hole. Says one thing, does another. That man would rather go to the grave doing it his way than adjust at all. I hate that guy. I can't stand looking at him.

Oh really?

Pathetic trying to blame this one on Karl. Just a cop-out for the worst team effort I've seen this season. Absolutely nobody was interested in playing in this one. Cousins had no interested in playing this one. Everyone playing lazy defensively and selfish offensively.

Sad after one of our better wins last night that we come out with such a horrible effort tonight
Players have nothing to do with rotations. Nothing. He has 2 PGs (small ones at that) and Marco running SF while Omri is on the bench. Our best rebounder and inside scorer is 25ft from the basket 75% of the time, on both defense and offense. There is not an ounce of logic there. None. It has cost us game after game. We get creamed in the early 4th 8-0 run immediately. Karl takes a time out and comes back with the same exact line-up. Who does that?

Gimmicky dribble drive small ball just is not sustainable. You cant have two 6 footers on the court at once, you might win here and there but its something that cant win on a regular basis in this league.
We've seen driving work before, particularly with the bench unit. But when our best players keep dribbling off of their knees on a drive, and when our best players do best in the mid range/post, we really ought to stop putting them on the perimeter as much as we are right now.

I

Im Still Ballin

Atleast Minnesota and Portland are going to lose as well tonight. And either Phoenix or Utah too.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
We've seen driving work before, particularly with the bench unit. But when our best players keep dribbling off of their knees on a drive, and when our best players do best in the mid range/post, we really ought to stop putting them on the perimeter as much as we are right now.
As a teamwide system concept, it's yet to have had much success in this league in the same way that, say, the elbow system has.

So boogie looking like he tryna get traded?. Little to no effort on both ends of the floor, getting worked by freaking GORTAT? Maybe this is why so many pick AD over DMC, besides kings fans of course

Or is it Karl keeps using gimmicky small ball, and pretends our big man is KD launching 3s and driving from the trey. instead of using him like shaq with a jumper.

Either way you see at the end of the day. ..We blow...bad.

gunks

Hall of Famer
So boogie looking like he tryna get traded?. Little to no effort on both ends of the floor, getting worked by freaking GORTAT? Maybe this is why so many pick AD over DMC, besides kings fans of course

Or is it Karl keeps using gimmicky small ball, and pretends our big man is KD launching 3s and driving from the trey. instead of using him like shaq with a jumper.

Both. Boogie was terrible tonight. Karl is a terrible fit for this team..

Ah well.

Cousins has a lot of issues going on right now, but I don't think he's looking to get traded. My biggest gripe is don't talk about all these meetings with the players about how the team has to be focused better and then proceed to come out looking like this. Don't waste my time. Don't get my hopes up. Suck if you want, you're good at it. B**** at the refs, you're good at that too. But please don't talk about making a "run" unless you are dead set, because it makes the team look even more like a joke when they play like this.

I don't care about the back to back. I don't. Every team does it and the good teams win. Considering that your opponent has been struggling massively, is playing a 7 man rotation, and is missing 3 effin starters, you don't have an excuse. You don't. When Cousins comes out with that lazy attitude, the whole team does. He cannot lead this team. He just can't. He's too emotionally unstable and vulnerable. You can't have a leader be like that. A leader needs to be the rock, unfazed by anything.

I know finishing 500 might get a western conference team into the playoffs this year but the way we're playing, I don't think we're even a 500 team. George Karl's coaching is terrible. Rudy Gay plays like he doesn't care if he wins or loses. Cuz still tries to do too much. Ben hasn't developed. I'm tired of yelling at the TV because we play dumb uninspired basketball. This to me is becoming a lost season again quickly.

really really immature team. it sucks but they just are. I'm just glad I gave up gambling when I did, and did not bet big on the 31 +- wins.

I'm so mad because they have the aggregate roster talent to be a solid 43 win team imo. But the leadership on the bench - Karl and his staff, suck. And the leadership in the locker room - Rajon & DeMarcus and Rudy... not good enough.

They have put up way too many performances like this. embarrassing.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Boogie looking like he was tired try.

After 5 years you think people would have caught on by now that Boogie is a resistance free circuit. If he's tired, you see it instantly on court. If he's hurt you see it instantly on court. If he's upset you see it instantly on court. And the flipside emotions or states. You don't have to ever going looking for conspiracies or messages, you always know when something is going on.

My only question given our extreme back to back and road struggles is is there a preparation problem back there. Are guys not getting their sleep? Are they out partying? Is there some external explanation for these problems. Because at least then it would given you something to try to fix.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I wish those of you with playoff hopes for this team the best of luck.
If you think there is a single team in the 'race' for #8 who's fans aren't throwing their hands up in nearly identical fashion almost every other game, I've got a bridge to sell you too. Bunch of badly flawed teams.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Demarcus is the biggest disappointment tonight. He mailed it in first quarter. George Karl is just an a**hole. Says one thing, does another. That man would rather go to the grave doing it his way than adjust at all. I hate that guy. I can't stand looking at him.
I fail to see how this is Karls fault. Cousins took 22 shots and most of them in the post. That's what everyone wanted isn't it. Problem is, he only made 8 of them. The reason we lost was because we had no ball movement and very little player movement. We lost because Collison stood outside the three point line and dribbled the ball to death. We lost because Cousins decided that he didn't need to guard Gortat. We lost because Gay and Cousins, on a night they couldn't shoot a pea into the ocean, took almost a third of the shots. There's plenty of blame to go around, but to pile it all on Karl is nonsense. When someone says that Karl doesn't fit the team, what he really means is Cousins doesn't fit Karl's system. For that matter, Gay isn't the best fit either. Everyone else? No problem. Rondo is the perfect fit and so is Casspi.

really really immature team. it sucks but they just are. I'm just glad I gave up gambling when I did, and did not bet big on the 31 +- wins.

I'm so mad because they have the aggregate roster talent to be a solid 43 win team imo. But the leadership on the bench - Karl and his staff, suck. And the leadership in the locker room - Rajon & DeMarcus and Rudy... not good enough.

They have put up way too many performances like this. embarrassing.
There's no leader and we have a coach who is probably finished. He's got nothing left and even worse, he has no clue what to do with this roster. Cousins is playing awful. Truly. He hasn't had a good game in weeks, maybe even over a month. Nothing recent that you can look back at and say "Yeah, he destroyed that team." He's been playing with such a pee poor attitude at times that it's hard for me to watch him. What is it? Injury? Entitlement? I don't care. There is no leader on this team. None. Cousins has now had 5.5 seasons to show leadership qualities and he hasn't. He's improved, but he can't lead a team emotionally and mentally. He can't even control himself some of the time. That's not how leadership works.

Rudy's perimeter defense in a 2-3 zone is so pathetic. Temple literally made 3 threes in a row, and what does Rudy do? Leave him completely the hell open. Temple could have started a fire by the time Rudy came over. This team literally learns nothing from it's mistakes, and neither does the coach. A golden opportunity to make a dent in the standings and move into the 7th/8th seed and here we are pissing it all away. The Pelicans are playing better, the Jazz will get healthy, and the Suns will scrap, and we are going to be finished then. Our coach is not a good coach anymore, at least not for this team. That coach is now in Denver. Last year, we had the right coach, the right system, and the right leader, but a poor roster. This year we have the roster and the stars, but no leader.

I would fire Karl. That's what I would do. We are underachieving and a great majority of it falls on him and the rest I blame on this team's incredibly weak mental makeup, from our superstar on down.

I
Both. Boogie was terrible tonight. Karl is a terrible fit for this team..

Ah well.

Completely agree.
Our team is completely adjusting to George Karl when we should be building entirely around our biggest asset. Cousins could very well be a once in a generation big man, instead he's just a "part" of this wildly unbalanced system. Heads will roll if Karl blows DMC's final couple years in Sacramento chasing his dated ass system.

I fail to see how this is Karls fault. Cousins took 22 shots and most of them in the post. That's what everyone wanted isn't it. Problem is, he only made 8 of them. The reason we lost was because we had no ball movement and very little player movement. We lost because Collison stood outside the three point line and dribbled the ball to death. We lost because Cousins decided that he didn't need to guard Gortat. We lost because Gay and Cousins, on a night they couldn't shoot a pea into the ocean, took almost a third of the shots. There's plenty of blame to go around, but to pile it all on Karl is nonsense. When someone says that Karl doesn't fit the team, what he really means is Cousins doesn't fit Karl's system. For that matter, Gay isn't the best fit either. Everyone else? No problem. Rondo is the perfect fit and so is Casspi.
I agree and to add, with Karl's tight 8-man rotation, we will surely end up with tired players in back to back games like this.
Vlade needs to make some more moves past Christmas because Karl is clearly showing him that the rest of the roster is useless to him.
We got Acy, Dukan, Butler, Anderson, and Moreland (yeah injured but still takes a spot), and often Curry as well that just sits there and burn their butts on the bench even with back to back games.
Collison is Vlade's best trade piece to get at least 2 good bench that would get respected by Karl and added to his rotation.

We need to get another big and a big guard in return.

Cuz just said in answer to question that Wiz made their run (beginning of Q4) and we didn't. Then next reporter fires his Q instead of obvious follow up - why did that happen Cuz that you didn't make your run? I hate these slacker reporters that throw soft ball after soft ball Qs at Kings and never get into depth what the hell is going on. Like why night after night only consistent thing Kings doing is playing inconsistently - especially on the road. Bunch of losers these Kings until prove they're not!

I ain't even about to get mad because I mostly expected this. This is the most bipolar team in the league. Keep your expectations low and be pleasantly surprised when they pull out a win like yesterday in Toronto.

Completely agree with you Baja. Everyone hear just blindly clamors for Cousins to be in the post but at least in this game he was just terrible in there. Of the 8 you mentioned, how many were actually created by him? Most of his baskets were just catch and dunks off PnRs or sealing his man in transition. Every time we just fed him the ball and he went to try and create it ended badly with missed shots all around the rim.

And again you are right on the money on how it's really only Cousins and perhaps Gay that don't fit Karl's system. And everyone again is so ready to rather change the rest of the team than to move Cousins (hypothetically), when Cousins is about as proven a winner as ... Ben McLemore.

Half of Cousin's shot were jump shots (I just went through the play by play). He took 3 threes and 8 other jumpers. I didn't lay all the blame on Karl, but he's definitely getting his fair share from me. He seems incapable of making in game adjustments. Teams rattle off big runs and he comes back with the same ridiculous lineup that got us in trouble in the first place. Why? Here, you played horrible, so play some more? The main reason we lost was because of defense. We scored enough to win, but when you're running 2 PGs out there at almost all times and a scrawny/thin SG as your SF, then yes, even scrubs will have great nights. Rudy should be ashamed of himself. Watching him play horrible defense (and knowing that he can do significantly better) is almost unbearable. Time after time, his man is camping out at the three point line (as in just standing still) and he's nowhere near him. And Cousins? You call yourself the leader? Ha! Couldn't lead a horse to water let alone an entire team.

Cousins and Gay are our best players, along with Rondo. If the coach doesn't fit your 2 biggest stars, then there is a big problem and Rondo can't solve that, as brilliant as he is. Either you trade your stars, or get a new coach. How long can this go on without a change? Cousins, even with his stats, is playing the worst ball in years. His effort and dedication have evaporated. He doesn't fight for boards even when he is in position. He used to slam into his own teammates going for the rebound, but now he is perfectly content just watching. This team doesn't fit the coach (or vice versa). It's a coach's job to get the most out of his roster. Does anyone on this board think Karl has come even somewhat close to accomplishing that? I sure don't. In fact, I think the opposite. Many times, I think Karl is the biggest problem.

Last edited: