Kings @ Wizards Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
piksi said:
When Vlade left and Doug and now Webber You realize how much they deserved to win a title together with rest of the guys. You also realize that their time just passed or is passing as a players. If we manage to win it this year, next year any year - thay will still be a part of it. They might not get a ring but they will be a part of it. I just hope that we get fortunate while at least one guy is left ( Mike, Pedja or Brad) and win the ring because if one of them gets it it would feel like all of them have a tie and are part of it.
You'd have to be blind not to recognize that everything that has led up to where the Kings are/have been/will go leads directly back to those guys who started it all. It was Vlade coming here, Jason making it fun, adding style and Chris being a star that started it all and made everything that has happened possible. But as you said, they are memories now and will remain that. This is going to sound corny but I don't care, I had a dream a couple of months ago that the Kings won it all. And there was Chris, with Mike and Peja standing next to him holding a trophy, addressing the crowd saying that this wasn't just them winning it all. That it was for Vlade, Jason, Scott, JB and everyone else who made it all possible...In my perfect world, thats the way it would be :). But unfortunately, this is our reality.

Last edited:
piksi said:
When Vlade left and Doug and now Webber You realize how much they deserved to win a title together with rest of the guys. You also realize that their time just passed or is passing as a players. If we manage to win it this year, next year any year - thay will still be a part of it. They might not get a ring but they will be a part of it. I just hope that we get fortunate while at least one guy is left ( Mike, Pedja or Brad) and win the ring because if one of them gets it it would feel like all of them have a tie and are part of it.
It's like carrying a torch and giving it to the next guy. :)

Reading these last few posts...is making me get teary-eye! :( :D

piksi

Hall of Famer
ReinadelosReys said:
This is going to sound corny but I don't care, I had a dream a couple of months ago that the Kings won it all. And there was Chris, with Mike and Peja standing next to him holding a trophy, addressing the crowd saying that this wasn't just them winning it all. That it was for Vlade, Jason, Scott, JB and everyone else who made it all possible...In my perfect world, thats the way it would be :). But unfortunately, this is our reality.
It would have been great but it was not meant to be:(

piksi said:
It would have been great but it was not meant to be:(
Yeah. You know, after the dust settles, I tend to always go back to that philosophy. Everything happens for a reason and no matter what we try to do about it, whatever is supposed to happen will happen. As much as I'd like to think otherwise, the world does not revolve around me and my needs. Shocking, I know ;). There are other people in this. When we don't win, someone else is and its their fans who are saying that is what is supposed to happen and vice versa.

piksi said:
well - obviously it wasn't
i think yer missing my point a bit. there's a difference between what is "meant to be" and simply "what is." kinda like the greenbay packers were for so long the "team of destiny." did it ever happen? no, but, in most packer's fans eyes, it shoulda happened. the kings were literally free throws and a few bad calls away from the nba finals. 01-02 was, by far, the kings best season and post season in sacramento. if it wasnt "meant to be" then, then i dont imagine it ever will be. didnt happen, but it could have, and very well should have.

at any rate, we've all moved on, and i am looking forward to what lies ahead.

Heuge said:
Suns go down
oh yeah baby shakaboom shakaboom

i really wanted to watch that game and cheer on the Celts plus i really wanted to see Walker back in there...but i get Celtics blackouts

im sure we'll see Nash back next game...in all actuality the Suns flat out lucked out last night against the Mavs

HndsmCelt said:
Im with you there that first year with Vlade, Webber and J Will was... well pure excitment, even the losses were fun! Probably beceause we had no expectations and all of them seemed to have endless potential. HeckI can't help but smile jsut remembering some of those games!

That was a magical part of Kings history! I remember just smiling every time we won a game. Honestly, one of the hardest parts of seeing Webber go is letting go of that wonderful ride that we have had as Kings fans over the past 7 years or so. I know the team will go on to do great things, and I'm sure that we have a championship in our future someday, but nothing will ever be quite the same as the team that started out surpassing expectations if they won 2 straight games, and ended up being SO close (but yet so far) from a championship. I have enjoyed it so much.

Padrino said:
i think yer missing my point a bit. there's a difference between what is "meant to be" and simply "what is." kinda like the greenbay packers were for so long the "team of destiny." did it ever happen? no, but, in most packer's fans eyes, it shoulda happened. the kings were literally free throws and a few bad calls away from the nba finals. 01-02 was, by far, the kings best season and post season in sacramento. if it wasnt "meant to be" then, then i dont imagine it ever will be. didnt happen, but it could have, and very well should have.

at any rate, we've all moved on, and i am looking forward to what lies ahead.
yeah, I always felt like it was meant to be that year too. And, partially because of that (and that I felt like we got cheated out it by bad calls and by our own nerves that led to the poor FT shooting) I thought that somehow, someway, we would find a way to get it. I think that's how Webb felt too. It just doesn't seem right that it never quite happened.

but, as you said, we have moved on, and we have so many great memories to hold onto, and so many more to look forward to.

piksi said:

I defiantely agree, They all matured together and played some of their best ball together all while maintaining such a fun and exciting atmosphere, if even one of them wins it it's like they all win the championship. Great post Piksi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.