Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Let's get this monkey off our back!

Previously On...

Awards Time
Tony Delk Memorial Award
- Austin Reaves. Austin Reaves has shown himself to be one of the least crappy of the Lakers collection of random roster filler. Austin Reaves also looks like two kids standing on top of each other in a trench coat and flails like a fish that's just been yanked out of the ocean after every shot. He was probably the third best Laker against the Kings eve including him getting torched by Fox on the clinching bucket.

The CoJo - Trey Lyles. It was to be expected that Trey would have a bad night to offset the last week he's had of super solid play. In 14 and a half minutes, Trey had two rebounds and an assist to keep himself from pulling off a Snell. It wasn't necessarily a bad game by

Mikki Moore - Damian Jones. Two things became abundantly clear reading Lakers twitter: 1- Laker fans absolutely cannot handle being bad. 2- Laker fans despise Damian Jones. I don't know how much better Thomas Bryant is than DJ at this point in their respective careers but Laker fans are convinced he'll be a better option than the former King.

WTF Moment of the Game - Kings spot the Lakers the entire first quarter still somehow end up tied.

Random Internet Bad Kings Tweet of the Day

Random Bill Simmons KANGZ Take of the Day

On Keegan

We're Talking Basketball
It's 4 AM in Japan and I've gotta be up for work in a couple of hours so I'm gonna keep this short (this is also the third time the Kings have played the Warriors in three weeks).

Steph Curry has been playing out of his mind even by his own standards this season. The rest of the Warriors have decidedly been playing within their minds to start the year. Giving up the most points in the league to start the year, the Warriors have been a complete disaster on defense after ending last season as the best defensive team in basketball. Meanwhile, the team's depth has been largely non-existent. To a slight extent, this was due to Donte DiVincenzo missing a bunch of games with an injured hammy but I'm not sure you're in a great position if you're so desperate for depth that losing DDV wrecks your rotations.

The Warriors are riding a two game winning streak into tonight's game at G1C, having followed up their controversial win over us with another nail biting win over the Cavs capped by yet another no call on Klay that completely gifted the Warriors the game. Klay may no longer have the ligaments or two-way versatility of a star but he still gets the whistle of one.

The Kings can win this. They've come so close twice this year only to be foiled by bad defense and bad reffing. If both are under control and Swipa can go blow for blow with Steph, this could be the day.

Injury Report
Kings
No reported injuries

Warriors
Andre Iguodala - OUT (looking up retirement properties in Arizona)

Final Prediction
The Kings have to beat the Warriors eventually. No better time than now.
Kings 127, Warriors 120

Kings next four games look like this:

Warriors (5-7)
Nets (6-7)
Spurs (6-7)
Pistons (3-11)

Followed by this:

Grizz (9-4)
Hawks (8-5)
Celtics (10-3)
Suns (8-4)

Sooooo... yeah.

Kings next four games look like this:

Warriors (5-7)
Nets (6-7)
Spurs (6-7)
Pistons (3-11)

Followed by this:

Grizz (9-4)
Hawks (8-5)
Celtics (10-3)
Suns (8-4)

Sooooo... yeah.
Our schedule will look like this most of the time. There are only maybe 4-5 teams I can comfortably say the Kings are better than. There seem to not be many bad teams this season.

Man, what a dramatic decline from Bill Simmons. 15-20 years ago he had me cracking up. Now he is randomly obsessed with hating on D Fox?? Fox has been killing it this year. No real room for criticism. Who cares if he is an all star, Sacramento doesn't make many all stars. Fox shooting 85% ft and playing great D at the end of games = winning games.

Status
Not open for further replies.