[Game] Kings Vs. Thunder, Sunday May 9th, 7 PM Pacific (10 PM Eastern)

OKC should be embarrassed
Why?

They are basically giving young developmental G league guys experience against real NBA players and 2-3 of them they will keep. They have a legitimate chance of having 2 top 5 picks in a 5 man draft. Add Mobley and Suggs to SGA, Dort and Horford and they could be pretty decent next year.

next year when they are possibly back in the playoffs do you think anyone will care. Meanwhile, we have a great chance of finishing 10th yet again while smarter teams get top picks and then bounce back into the play-offs.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
He's exactly the type of bench spark plug the Kings need to hold on to.

Although in true Kangz fashion I'm sure they'll release him and then draft a player in the 2nd round that they hope will turn into Terence Davis in a few years.
They’ll spend all their Rashaun and TD money on extending Mo Harkless.

All we have to do is give Davis a qualifying offer and he's a restricted free agent. He's obviously a keeper, so I wouldn't worry about losing him. McNair stole him from Toronto.
I suppose some posters might be concerned we won’t have the cash to match? I know very little about the cap so not sure how that could play out

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I suppose some posters might be concerned we won’t have the cash to match? I know very little about the cap so not sure how that could play out
We don't technically have to worry about not having the ability to match - we can use the MLE to match, and because TD has only two years in the league, no team can give him an offer sheet that exceeds the MLE.

Obviously the question is whether another team gives him an offer big enough we don't WANT to match, but that's a different story. Honestly I have no clue how big of an offer he'll get, and I have no clue how intent we're going to be to get him back considering right now he's probably the #5 guard on our depth chart behind Fox, Buddy, Haliburton, and Delon - and you can't say we won't end up drafting a guard!

If we keep all of Wright, TD, Mo, Metu, and Jones (some under contract a couple FA). I'm glad they are getting some time together cuz imagine a bench mob of those 5 or a hockey substitution of those 5 at the same time. If they continue to play like they did (i know we wont always play a tanking OKC) i dont see a huge drop off going from Fox, Buddy/Ty, HB, Bagley and Holmes to those 5. I doubt we will put out a team of those 10 guys next season but it's nice to imagine.