[Game] Kings vs Suns, Tuesday Nov. 19, 7 PM PT/10 PM ET

Dang, this Kings lineup are so much better without De'aaron Fox. The motion is better, the pass is better, the defense as far as rotating and helping is better. And it's so much fun to watch. An offense w/ the TWO QBs in Joseph and Bogdononic are better than a SINGLE QB w/ De'aaron Fox. A lineup with Buddy Hield is always going to make the defense a little weak because Hield just not a good defender. Holms is a gem and Dedmon is disappointing so far.
I understand this sentiment. I don’t agree, but I understand, and there is merit. Right now, Fox is getting a master class in how a PG controls games without scoring. This is a critical moment in Fox’s growth. He’s a very astute basketball player, and I’m sure he’s absorbing the lessons. But, a star PG can win games without even scoring in double digits. A star PG is a PG who wins. There is a bright silver lining here.

Postgame interview, Bogi said it was a cramp.

Edit for further clarification:
He said he was back peddling and felt a cramp. He is still going to get it checked out of course.
He said he felt it developing early in the second half, but didn't want to be soft, so he kept playing until the backpedaling play when he felt it cramp up.

The Kings have some incredible defenders on the roster with Joseph, Barnes, Dedmon, and Holmes. Throw in Fox when he comes back and that's one heck of a crop of defensive personnel.
You sure? I read someone on twitter trying to convince others that Fox is a weak defender.

He may have a long way to go, and could be a lot better but that assessment made me laugh pretty hard.

Apparently booker can do anything he wants on offense.......
Dude is so overrated. He got locked up by CoJo and even Richaun Holmes countless times and got away with at least 3-4 offensive fouls using his off arm to push or pull a defender. He ended up with a good scoring line after the KINGS lost focus and allowed PHX to score 28 points the final 5 minutes.

BTW, how many calls were the officials intent on missing tonight? Did anyone see Kaminski do a complete 360 changing both pivot feet before finally putting the ball on the floor in the corner late in the game? Ref was standing 3 feet away staring right at it. Still can’t believe it wasn’t called.

Walton has put his stamp on this team already. Team defense and rebounding keeps the Kings in games. Sharing the ball, and moving without creates the offense.

With Fox, Bagley, and Harry on the bench the Kings have figured a bunch of things about their team and style of play.
We have to credit Bogdan and Joseph and Yogi in the backcourt, and Holmes and Bjelica in the front court for stepping up and making it happen.

The idiot brigade of Buddy & Dedmond turned this game around for the Suns in 3rd quarter. Having Buddy & Dedmond on the floor at the same time is an IQ deficit that is very difficult for the other three players to overcome. Buddy continues to make stupid look downright intelligent. I really don't know how Walton has the stomach to play him in the 4th; he must take a lot of Tums, that's for sure.

Bogs, Joseph and Yogi deserve the game balls. I sure hope Bogs is ok, otherwise we're toast.
Dedmon did have 2 turnovers in the last part of the third which hurt but Buddy’s only fault was a one on drive that got blocked with around 20 seconds remaining. The kings were still up 20 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd. The Suns made a few shots and more importantly drew some fouls that got them within striking distance.

Have the Kings ever looked better in terms of performance since the 0-5 starting during the GOAT 9-6 run by Malone or during Joerger tenure I'm not talking strictly W/L but just the performances on both defense (I don't think we played this good D under Malone) and offense? I can't remember this many complete performances even in losses (Buddy IQ).

I still see our team get complacent after building a lead and once the momentum switches its hard to pull it back.
Most good offensive players can get hot if you allow them to get comfortable. When you relax and are not pressing them on defense you’ve invited trouble. We gave away too many games last year for this reason and I am pretty sure Walton is going to work with them on that.

I love that the team defense is starting to work and with gleefully hope it continues to improve with more playing time together.

Go kings we need to win some of these next road wins.

Cojo frustrated the ever loving pee out of Douche Booker and I LOVED it!!!
Who got 30 points on 50 percent shooting. I like Joseph's defense, but what you saw was an illusion.
Booker can play.
The Kings are a great 3 quarter team. They have been playing the 3rd quarters better, but last night they gave up 41 points in the fourth.
When they figure out how to play all 4 quarters they will become a dangerous team.

I’m not above bashing Peaches, but he was right. Doesn’t matter what could have happened or almost happened, it’s about what did happen. KINGS won. No jinx there.
I'm pretty confident that Grant has access to stats that relay the winning percentage for each team, in real time. ESPN has one on their game tracker. Grant likely has an NBA data stream that he utilizes and predicts chance of winning. Hence when the Kings hit that shot, the chance of winning was likely 99.9%. And, generally, barring something crazy--the projections are accurate. Predicting outcomes is pretty much constrained by time, pace, and the currency (3 pts, 2 pts).

That said, in sports, something crazy is almost a given now--kickers missing PATs, Az cardinals lateraling the ball backwards and end up giving the Niners a TD (hence allowing the Niners to cover), or a few Dummy plays each night.

Side note: I looked casually, but haven't done an actual deep dive. I think a key stat to track is Buddy's TOs. More than 5 and the Kings are pretty much toast.

I'm pretty confident that Grant has access to stats that relay the winning percentage for each team, in real time. ESPN has one on their game tracker. Grant likely has an NBA data stream that he utilizes and predicts chance of winning. Hence when the Kings hit that shot, the chance of winning was likely 99.9%. And, generally, barring something crazy--the projections are accurate. Predicting outcomes is pretty much constrained by time, pace, and the currency (3 pts, 2 pts).

That said, in sports, something crazy is almost a given now--kickers missing PATs, Az cardinals lateraling the ball backwards and end up giving the Niners a TD (hence allowing the Niners to cover), or a few Dummy plays each night.

Side note: I looked casually, but haven't done an actual deep dive. I think a key stat to track is Buddy's TOs. More than 5 and the Kings are pretty much toast.
And speaking of which, pretty certain we see gambling machines at NBA arenas within the next 5 to 10 years.

everyone who started looking up draft stuff after the first three games is fat from all the crow.
I guess I could be guilty of that and with all the experts around I went to look who’s in the top 10 on the draft boards. That was right at the beginning and in some cases some of those kids had not even played their first college game.

Most everyone at the top were guards so I decided to just check them about mid season of the college season.

I guess I could be guilty of that and with all the experts around I went to look who’s in the top 10 on the draft boards. That was right at the beginning and in some cases some of those kids had not even played their first college game.

Most everyone at the top were guards so I decided to just check them about mid season of the college season.
Yeah. Not our fault the team was getting blown out at the same time Cole Anthony has one of the best freshman debuts ever.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Justin James is definitely the shiny new penny for me, especially after coming in the game and getting a slam dunk on a nice pass from Bogs and then following up with a "get that **** outtahere" block on Rubio. It would have been oh so sweet if his three pointer had gone in. I think the kid is legit. Can't wait to see more of him in the coming games.

Major Kudos to Yogi for coming in at the end of the game when the Suns were going full court press on the inbound. Saved us from losing the game with horrible passing and having to pass to Bjelica to run up the court and that was stressing me out.

I have to say, without Fox and Bagley, we have been forced to play as a team on both ends on the floor and we have looked pretty special. Man, freakin Holmes has been amazing to watch, 120% at all times what a sight to see. Bjelica has been rock solid, and that three to seal the win was ice cold. Bogdan has been absolutely textbook while Fox sits, his playmaking and scoring, as well as his defense, has been outstanding. Harrison Barnes has been very reliable as well during this run- playing team ball, hitting 3s, good defense, and his ISO game has come in handy getting to the hole and getting to the line. Corey Joseph has been balling. That stat line was crazy last night and he does so much that doesn't get recorded with his defense. Buddy is going through some technical difficulties, but man can he shoot the ball.

We have a very solid rotation, I can't wait to see this team in full health later in the year.

Last edited:
Who got 30 points on 50 percent shooting. I like Joseph's defense, but what you saw was an illusion.
Booker can play.
The Kings are a great 3 quarter team. They have been playing the 3rd quarters better, but last night they gave up 41 points in the fourth.
When they figure out how to play all 4 quarters they will become a dangerous team.
Sure Booker can play, but overall Joseph played excellent defense on Booker. Booker got 30 points, but 8 points (27% of his total) came with 2 minutes or less left in the game when it was essentially garbage time (i.e., the Kings were essentially just not trying to foul guys). Booker also could have easily been called for another couple of offensive fouls and got to the line on at least two occasions because of questionable (Harden) calls.

The Kings should have finished better--they were up by 14 with 3 minutes left to play--but the 41 point 4th quarter by the Suns was a bit deceiving in the sense that it came out of a three minute hot shooting spurt from Kaminsky and Booker. They scored 22 points in 3 minutes! It wasn't a bad 4th quarter it was a bad 3 minutes.

Blah, blah. I like Cory Joseph and his ability to play defense, but I am not giving him the game ball if his opponent scores 30 on 50% shooting.

everyone who started looking up draft stuff after the first three games is fat from all the crow.
I wasn’t looking up draft info, but I admitted that I didn’t care much after the way they started. But in true glutton for punishment fandom, I continued to follow. I’m quite pleased with the turn around, as is everyone else. I just hope it sustains. And I still contend the trip round the world played a huge factor in that horrid start.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Dude is so overrated. He got locked up by CoJo and even Richaun Holmes countless times and got away with at least 3-4 offensive fouls using his off arm to push or pull a defender. He ended up with a good scoring line after the KINGS lost focus and allowed PHX to score 28 points the final 5 minutes.

BTW, how many calls were the officials intent on missing tonight? Did anyone see Kaminski do a complete 360 changing both pivot feet before finally putting the ball on the floor in the corner late in the game? Ref was standing 3 feet away staring right at it. Still can’t believe it wasn’t called.
You're making one critical assumption that might not have been true. The official's eyes may not have been open. :p