[Game] Kings vs Suns, Tuesday Nov. 19, 7 PM PT/10 PM ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I still see our team get complacent after building a lead and once the momentum switches its hard to pull it back.
Most good offensive players can get hot if you allow them to get comfortable. When you relax and are not pressing them on defense you’ve invited trouble. We gave away too many games last year for this reason and I am pretty sure Walton is going to work with them on that.

I love that the team defense is starting to work and with gleefully hope it continues to improve with more playing time together.

Go kings we need to win some of these next road wins.
Walton is not going to let them get away with complacency. He has no problem in yanking someone if they're not focused on their job. Such a nice change from the philosophy of Joerger (and remember, I liked Dave) who seemed to feel if someone got themselves into a pickle they could damned well stay out there and get themselves out.

In fairness to Buddy, I think this is why he wasn't playing much in the second half despite having a nice start to the game. The only reason he came back in was because Bogi got hurt and the only options were to play Buddy or Justin James.
I love how Walton mad-dogged him at the end of the game when he committed a needless foul with the game on the line.

Who got 30 points on 50 percent shooting. I like Joseph's defense, but what you saw was an illusion.
Booker can play.
The Kings are a great 3 quarter team. They have been playing the 3rd quarters better, but last night they gave up 41 points in the fourth.
When they figure out how to play all 4 quarters they will become a dangerous team.
Booker has been amazing this season if we had anyone else guarding him he probably goes for 50, yeah he dropped 30 on great efficiency but that does not mean CoJo did not play good D, Booker had it going it could/would have been a lot worse for us.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
People love to talk about all-star players and MVP.
The Kings are proof that winning basketball involves teamwork and guys willing to work at it like Holmes, Joseph and Bjelica.
Well, I mean, Bogi is playing like an all-star right now and Holmes and CoJo on the way to receiving all-defensive team votes so it's not all entirely just random role players working as a team (just like how the Larry Brown Sixers still had Sheed and Billups and the DPOY in prime Ben Wallace).

Booker has been amazing this season if we had anyone else guarding him he probably goes for 50, yeah he dropped 30 on great efficiency
You say amazing, I say pampered by the NBA. It’s a lot easier for these so called ‘stars’ to post seemingly amazing numbers when the league doesn’t whistle them for traveling, carrying and in Booker’s case, blatant offensive fouls via push offs or grabbing the defenders arm to move past them.

Against the KINGS Booker was actually called for one offensive foul, which was amazing in itself, but got away with at least 2-3 more. If they ever called these games legit, guys like Booker would probably average at least 10 points fewer. The Bearded Hag certainly wouldn’t come close to averaging 30+.

You say amazing, I say pampered by the NBA. It’s a lot easier for these so called ‘stars’ to post seemingly amazing numbers when the league doesn’t whistle them for traveling, carrying and in Booker’s case, blatant offensive fouls via push offs or grabbing the defenders arm to move past them.

Against the KINGS Booker was actually called for one offensive foul, which was amazing in itself, but got away with at least 2-3 more. If they ever called these games legit, guys like Booker would probably average at least 10 points fewer. The Bearded Hag certainly wouldn’t come close to averaging 30+.
Yeah true but that;s life they get calls and the fact the Suns are anywhere near 500. and Booker is the best player on the team is a amazing feat thus far. Booker got the same calls last year and the Suns sucked so he has improved in particular his passing.

Yeah true but that;s life they get calls and the fact the Suns are anywhere near 500. and Booker is the best player on the team is a amazing feat thus far. Booker got the same calls last year and the Suns sucked so he has improved in particular his passing.
Eh. Long season to go. Booker's never accomplished nor led his team to much of anything. Until proven otherwise, I still feel it's going to be more of the same.

Lots of fans mocked and chided DeMarcus Cousins for not being able to push the KINGS to the playoffs 3, 4 and 5 seasons into his career. As much undeserved hype as Booker gets, he should receive the same harsh criticism. PHX has averaged 21 wins per season since he's been there. Not good at all.

What’s frustrating is the league just up and anoints some of these guys, manufacturing a superstar out of whole cloth? How come none of our guys ever get anointed?

Sometimes, I think we should do the league a favor and trade for Harden so he can stop getting all the ridiculous calls.