[Game] Kings vs Suns Jan 6PT-9ET

gunks

Hall of Famer
This team thought they had this game won at halftime, and the Suns made them pay. Sloppy unfocused play in the second half means this will be another learning experience that they will benefit from in the future.
Kinda how I'm viewing it.

Fox is a known tape junkie. Buddy is a gym rat and Bogi is (allegedly) a high IQ player. Hopefully Joerger laid into them because all three of those guys are far better than how they played last night.

I'm expecting a bounce back game and razor sharp focus on Thursday!

Also, props to Phoenix's swarming defense. They certainly went after at after the half.

As bad as losing to the woeful Suns is, we need to put it in perspective. This was the 2nd of back to backs on a road game. The Kings simply looked listless and careless after the break. They were one step slow the whole second half.

Also, I looked up the other teams that also lost to the Suns this year and they were pretty good teams, Dallas (twice), Boston, San Antonio, Milwaukee, Memphis, Minnesota, New York and Orlando. Those are some pretty good teams that the Suns beat.

I know it sucks, but Phoenix seems to show up better against the better teams and just plain tanks versus the lottery teams. As bad as they are, they do have some talent and some nights they just come out blitzing. The Kings just got caught flatfooted and not paying attention.:(
I'm pretty tired of the back to back excuse. It's been used too much this season. Just cause you played the night before doesn't give you justification to phone it in. It's part of the NBA. This was a game that was an hour away after a night where we blew the other team out and most of our starters sat early. They were also missing their best player. We should've been good to go and wrapped it up early. No excuses.

Suns made adjustments at halftime. Instead of settling for jump shots, they just drove on the Kings over and over and the Kings couldn't stop it. They also tightened up their defense and forced the Kings to have Willie go 1 on 1 for about 4 straight possessions that all ended up in misses. The Kings better watch out because a new scouting report could be derived from this game. Coach better have some adjustments up his sleeve.

Joerger got out coached in this one and really should have had Benny Mac in there to end the game because he was the Kings best player last night. Bogdan played about as bad as I've ever seen him play and he should not have been on the court to end the game. Also calling that play at the end only to have Willie get fouled with the ball was a huge mental error on Joerger's part. He got out coached by Igor Kokoskov badly there.

Suns made adjustments at halftime. Instead of settling for jump shots, they just drove on the Kings over and over and the Kings couldn't stop it. They also tightened up their defense and forced the Kings to have Willie go 1 on 1 for about 4 straight possessions that all ended up in misses. The Kings better watch out because a new scouting report could be derived from this game. Coach better have some adjustments up his sleeve.

Joerger got out coached in this one and really should have had Benny Mac in there to end the game because he was the Kings best player last night. Bogdan played about as bad as I've ever seen him play and he should not have been on the court to end the game. Also calling that play at the end only to have Willie get fouled with the ball was a huge mental error on Joerger's part. He got out coached by Igor Kokoskov badly there.
I wonder if the ball went to Willie because the intended target was covered.

Suns defense created plenty of turnovers and that was the difference.
They deserve some credit. I would like to sign Holmes as a bench player for the Kings. Ayton and Warren played good games.

Doesn't matter.

We were up 21 on the Suns. We should never have allowed it to get to the point where the officiating could make a difference, but we did. That's on us.
It does matter if the 2 incorrect calls cost us 4 points in a 4 point loss. Did we deserve to lose due to how poorly we played? Probably. But the win/loss record doesn't give u extra for a 21 point blowouts vs squeezing by with a 1 point victory. A win is a win even if you don't believe we earned it.

I disagree on BMac. BMac has never been good in clutch situations. Let him feel good about his play in the middle of the game. I didn’t see the game thankfully as I was traveling but Joeger did not burn them out the night before. He played a deep bench. If his decisions were poor I can’t say but not having BMac in at the end of the game would seem to be a stretch.

I disagree on BMac. BMac has never been good in clutch situations. Let him feel good about his play in the middle of the game. I didn’t see the game thankfully as I was traveling but Joeger did not burn them out the night before. He played a deep bench. If his decisions were poor I can’t say but not having BMac in at the end of the game would seem to be a stretch.
He was hot all night and couldn't miss. I don't recall BMac tearing it up in games and then completely falling apart in crunch time. He's been a bad player over the course of his career but he does have a few games a year where he gets hot and shoots lights out.

I'd rather BMac take a couple shots at the end of the game over Bogdan turning it over and over without the Kings even getting a shot up. Sometimes you can just tell when it isn't someones night and this game was one of those for Bogie.